Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: To-Do list  (Read 1943 times)

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
To-Do list
« on: April 04, 2016, 08:56:40 AM »

Would it be possible for Neji to create a to-do list of what ideas (if any) are down the pipeline? Of course, he doesn't have to reveal everything...But general ideas and maybe a time-frame would be nice to know :) Kind of how those kickstarter people draft out timeline plans, but for SL.

Of course, this is if there's anything planned at all for the game. If not, that's okay too.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: To-Do list
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 08:41:20 AM »

Several issues with a to-do list if one were made.

People would start expecting stuff and so on. Would add a lot of unwanted pressure. Having a time frame would only make it worse. (Neji does all of this with his free time)

Most easy to do stuff he'll put into effect the next time he's online. Long term will be on the beta site first and even then that's iffy.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 08:46:45 AM »

Hmm...Maybe a time-frame wouldn't be too good then. But I feel a to-do list would be fine if a disclaimer was posted along with it so people don't bug him. Personally, I wouldn't expect anything if a list were posted but I would be happy to see what might be coming up in the future. But I also know I'm only speaking for myself in that instance, because maybe some people don't feel the same way about it as I do. But, I still believe it would be nice to see :)
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 08:52:02 AM »

I can't speak for Neji and won't attempt to. Maybe he'll see this topic and reply. Or Acey-kins will.

But from my viewpoint the to-do list would 99% of the time be empty. Most requests are done and if they're not then Neji will tell why it can't be done.

Any major update to the game will be on the beta site first I'm pretty sure. :P

But if you really want to know just message Neji. ^-^ He's quite nice to talk to. ~
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 05:41:57 AM »

I have to agree with Shadow. The list would in the end result in nagging more than likely or why isn't this or that on the list kinda stuff.

Like he said just pm Neji. Maybe he can/will grant you personally with a list of sorts in a pm. It can't hurt to ask. I think Neji and the staff all take very kindly to people getting interested about the site. After all they put a lotta work into it. (Which we don't thank them enough for)

I doubt him or any other staff would get mad at being asked. And in the end the worst they can say is no lol.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 06:36:16 PM »

Hi,

most of the things have already been said :D
I have  to agree that it would put up expectations about new (or changed) things with or without a timeframe for it.

Currently I am the only one doing code for SL, and new or changes features take four things:
 * great idea
 * balancing around existing mechanics
 * time to program, test, and implement on SL
 * texts

Easy is an idea.

A great idea might take a lot of time, also the texts are to be done. You may find it funny, how hard text production is when you code ;) it's really in two different brain halves :P
Code production (quality code) takes effort + time.

As you might have also noticed, my motivation (self-driven) is kind of low to produce new content. I've been out of the Naruto manga/anime for a while now.
So that adds to it =/
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 20 queries.