Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Author Topic: Boruto, Chapter 1  (Read 2475 times)

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Boruto, Chapter 1
« on: May 04, 2016, 12:17:06 AM »

Looks like there's a new series out. Most of it seems to be a recap of the last movie that came out, but, it's...something. It's not written or drawn by Kishimoto, but he is supervising it.

/readms.com/r/boruto/001/3387/1
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Warren

• View Profile
Re: Boruto, Chapter 1
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 12:23:55 AM »

Not a huge fan of the art style, some of it just seems...off.

But I'm hopeful, its looking like it could be good.

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 12:25:43 AM »

"Find out in the next episode of Naruto GT!"
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 12:27:48 AM »

I expected better.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 02:27:48 AM »

I guess it could be worse. I just wonder who this Mohawk guy is supposed to be and how he managed to do what he did (and if he did what he implied). Also, is he alone or working with a crew? Or, if none of it even matters because maybe it's some sort of daydream sequence. It's all pretty confusing. Also, the art style really just seems odd. Everyone looks different. Especially Hinata and Minato.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 07:30:33 AM »

I'm liking it already to be honest.

The art style doesn't bother me. Its not kishi drawing it so just get over it. Big deal.
Its like OPM. I like One's drawing cause it is so messy looking. It gives it character.

Also this idea of normal people being able to compete with shinobi is interesting. I haven't watched the movie so its new to me. Should make for a good plot and I'm sure the claim list will eat it's heart out.

Also I'm calling it now. Could be wrong but seemed to me Baruto may be a bad guy or vigilantly or something. No one else happen to notice the scratch through the leaf symbol on his forehead protector? Not the one lining with the scar on his right eye but the one like rogue placed on their protectors.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 08:21:11 AM »

The art is very different, it's a little rough but I'm sure he'll grow into his own soon I forget the man's name but he was one of Kishi's art assistants for Naruto Shippuden. Right now it looks a lot like a crude imitation of Kishi's style but once he figures it out I'm sure it'll be better. Only thing I really don't like is Sarada's new outfit and Sasuke's greasy looking Severus Snape hair.

Story wise it looks great, I am confused about why it goes from the first page back into Boruto the movie though. I mean Naruto could die, the series is called Boruto now, Naruto has lost his plot armor! In fact now that he's basically Minato he seems almost likely to die. I like the new villain and hope we get back to him and new content soon.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2016, 06:46:39 AM »

+spoiler+ Just watched the movie and now I know how Baruto got that marked through head band. I'm really hoping that he doesn't get to Naruto and Sasuke levels. It'd be more interesting to keep it at a lesser power level. Like a post shinobi war level. Naruto vs Pain kinda level sat max. Or Madara vs First kinda level pre edo.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.