Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Poll

Do you want the Council to explicitly have these powers?

Yes
- 1 (16.7%)
No
- 5 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: June 05, 2016, 02:33:36 PM

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Explicit Powers of the Council  (Read 4309 times)

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
Re: Explicit Powers of the Council
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2016, 09:53:47 PM »

Nobody enjoys any Serean event, but you can't deny it's an RP event that makes you want to stay to get rid of it from your village. Makes for some good revenge RP as well that could possibly unite the realm.

I can't really add anything concerning bijuu matters that hasn't already been said, other than more attention is put on the bijuu fights because they are the title fights. I treat them as boxing matches, each pair of posts is a round and the judge is the ref. If need be, the boxing commission is there to make final and damning decisions. We all trust the fighters not to throw any low blows or headbutts, no ear biting... I'm looking at you Mike >.>

But can we at least give this a try before insinuating things about things.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2016, 10:29:25 PM »

You're free to dislike them if you want Jay, I'd rather you just not try speak for everyone since they don't share your opinion, and not lie to my face about it next time.

That said, lets leave the Warren potshots out and keep this about the council and all that, hmnkay.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2016, 11:28:35 PM »

I've never lied to you about it, it was a nice experience, frustrating for the character and it made me really think. Not being able to punch something was something I didn't enjoy, so it wasn't a potshot. But you're right, let's keep this about the council.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2016, 01:42:34 AM »

Not a fan of large signature pictures...
<.<

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2016, 02:51:10 AM »

Not a fan of large signature pictures...
<.<

Please keep comments relevant to the topic.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2016, 03:41:51 AM »

With breather i meant, that you should try to calm down. Eric. You are far too ehated to think clearly and judge anything  calmly. In fact you do sound like you want this to escalate. This being said....we didn't get any farther, than at the very very beginning from this thread.

((I like events..albeit...i do not really count, i invite any sort of rp. Hell my character would HATE ME, his very own MOTHER! "Mom, why was my memory erased 3 times? Or why was i stabbed , or why was a rose carved into my chest? Also the kidnapping? Possessions, torture, near death experiences!? Do you hate me so much?" ... YEAH back to topic ))

So what do we have? I shall try to find a middle way of what was presented, please do take a look? (and yes i state it in simple English, sorry for the terrible Grammar) :

1. The council decides upon a reasonable consequence of the person in question, once a breach of rules is reported. However the council does not judge the actual fight, this is to be done by a chosen Judge. A breach of rules may have been (or is to be )reported by an onlooker, staff, host and/or challenger. ((I rephrased it, cause honestly you both kinda wrote it difficult and i think this sounds like a middle way))

2. The punishments are discussed by the council members and can range up to the stripping off of the Bijuu. The Judgement is decided by Vote, which is held 7 days after the matter was brought up / noticed. Within the 7 days, the matter is discussed and reviewed thoroughly by the whole council. All 5 members have to vote. Abstaining is not allowed without proper reason! Should one be unable to vote in time( due real life issues or the like),then they are required to say so upfront. Not doing so will result in the removal of said council member of the council.

Should a member or more be unable to vote, a staff member is asked to temporally fill in the spot(s) and give a vote, as to avoid a tie.

3.Council members that fail to announce their absence, face the consequence of being removed off of the council. The removal will be conducted by the fellow council members. The same goes for those that abstain too often in the row. Council members are required to be active, as to avoid burdening the staff members and to inconvenience the Roleplayers.

4. The case will be posted in the village square, as public thread topic, once the rule break was noticed. The creation of the Thread, will be done, by whoever noticed this breach. Furthermore the link to the thread will be pmed to the council members. Afterwards it will function as news ticker, so that everyone knows what's going on. The Actual judgement itself, will be held in a separate thread(?) ( The question mark, since i don't know if it is possible to hold the voting in the same thread, without inviting  onlookers to vote and thus ruin the votes. Also this wasn't clarified before)

5. The council's rulings are final. No public votes will be conducted, as to avoid further debates. This in turn means that Council members have to be active at all costs. Not heeding the Council's rulings, will invite further consequences, which means that the Staff will be asked to step in, in order to avoid a mess. ((am i to harsh here? I mean this doesn't need to be stated, it should be logical, but still ))

Rule 1 and 4 are kinda a thing that one could fit together...however i am getting tired, my wording sucks. Sorry.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 11:21:10 AM by Moonfire »

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2016, 04:15:04 AM »

Relevant to the topic is How convoluted Eric is making everything to the point that I no longer wish to be associated with this.

I wish to point out that although it was never specifically said that council members would not go around cruising bijuu matches hunting out rule violators and dragging them before the court to be flayed across the coals of justice, it also NEVER said they would police the bijuu matches either. When stating what their powers were,,,,I never felt I had to lay out what each and every one of there infinite number of powers would not be!

My point? Since we did not say they would run round to bijuu matches looking for rule violators, but would handle issues that were brought before the council...that it was just plain friggen sense they would not go looking for rule breakers on their own, even though we never said they would not be looking for rule breakers on their own? why? cause we never wrote it down that the duties of the council were to go looking for rule breakers. Since it was not listed as a duty for them, I did not think I had to explicitly say it was not a duty for them...

OH EM GEEEEEEEEEE

Contextual life is a real thing. I don't feel that I SHOULD have to fight tooth and nail to get it acknowledge that the sun comes up in the morning and sets int he evening even though it is written as daybreak and night fall!

DO I really have to say what a council member can't do...We can make this the US constitution, we can sit down and expressly write what powers the bijuu council has and what the individual players have, but even the founders of the united states thought that was stupid, and didn't include the bill of rights in the original draft.
but someone thought that it was necessary to explicitly state that people were allowed to talk.

Please don't insist we go there...may we please recall that this is a game?

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2016, 10:51:29 AM »

Kaaay *points you to what i wrote*  Looky, here are grammar mistakes, please attempt to ignore them.

But lookie, what do you think? I tried to merge  this insanity into one thing.

And whislt you two appear to be troubled by this al, i just noticed how much of a blast i got!....

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2016, 06:18:22 PM »

*knock knock* anyone out there?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2016, 06:36:40 PM »

*knock knock* anyone out there?

Sorry for the time it took for me to get back to this matter:

The same goes for those that abstain too often in the row.

Wasn't abstaining considered a no-go option at this stage, or was that just during discussion? Is the option to abstain something that is going to get enough votes for a pass at this point?

The punishments are discussed by the council members and can range up to the stripping off of the Bijuu.

An upper limit is given, but not a lower limit, or anything inbetween. A warning might can be considered the lower limit, but the rules don't say anything about giving warnings for certain infractions. I imagine that something like not having a challenger list updated and being a day or two off would under strictest terms require some sort of punishment, but a strip might be a little much.

Since Council members cannot really rule on the match itself, then the Council has the most leeway with punishments if it is prior to the start of a biju match the rule break happens or the match has not started yet, at least as far as options. Does the Council have the power to demand a challenger and/or host to continue posting, or is that stepping into the Judge territory? I think that it is, meaning that the Council's range of punishments for hosts and challengers alike is minimized during a fight in order to not conflict with the reponsibilities of the Judge.

Having said that mouthful, a few more examples for the kind of punishments would be nice for reference:

- Compel a challenger and/or host to proceed with fight preparations, and give an ultimatum if it is not completed.

- Appoint a judge if one cannot be agreed upon (?)

- Strip the host of the tailed beast and create conditions for the challenger to obtain the beast, either through award or through GM'd fight.

- Demand a stop in the progression of a current fight so that the fight itself is not resolved before the rule breaking issue is (for a host to beat the challenger and then get stripped for not following a rule crosses into the challenger basically winning the war). (?)

Things like that.

Not heeding the Council's rulings, will invite further consequences, which means that the Staff will be asked to step in, in order to avoid a mess.

And what exactly are the staff going to do if the Council's decisions are not being heeded? To my knowledge the council doesn't get onto people about bad mouthing and such terrible behavior, only biju rule breaking. I would imagine that the staff would handle harassment completely separately.

Other than that sort of thing, if the guilty party refuses to heed the Council, then it is a matter of the guilty party being unrecognized as challenger and/or host and the community takes it from there. If the Council were to make a decision so unfavorable that neither the Community at large nor the guilty party abides by it, then the Staff (as long as no in-game or forum rules were broken) are just as powerless to continue forcing the issue.

Please don't insist we go there...may we please recall that this is a game?

A game where the most competitive of people tend to have issues getting along, and look for any little way to make their case? Sounds like the start of the nation to me...

But I digress. That's not the main issue.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2016, 08:08:28 PM »

I think that we should also add a few things for ongoing council discussion.

don't you love trial and error things?

We really need some rules, not just for ourselves but the rest.

Council discussion, open viewable for all, yet only council member may post in the thread unless otherwise stated?

Rulings are only firm, after the results were officially stated by the council
No jumping on a proposed thing without it being agreed upon. For references look at the Reibi thing. It was proposed to have it gmed and someone voltuneered, before everyone could declare this to be ok, it was just done. Sure if this works out for 3 of 5, okay. Still No jumping to conclussions.

Swaying the council's opinions and decissions, is forbidden, whether this be done over PMs or the forum.

I think posting withotu being asked to and swaying the council should follow the three strikes and oyu are out ruling and may require a mod.

Why am i proposing this only now? Since i thought that being polite is a thing. I mean it is stated in MOST if not all ToS of games and forums. It shouldn't be seperatly announced....but apperantly...it has to
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 23 queries.