Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Discussion: Consequences of going over mastery  (Read 5655 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Discussion: Consequences of going over mastery
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2016, 08:56:38 PM »

Technically speaking, Naruto didn't lose when he went berserk.

Technically speaking, we don't want to reward people for going over their mastery, which giving them a chance at winning just might.

So when someone makes a fuinjutsu that opens a jinchurikis seal and makes them go over mastery they instantly lose the fight?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2016, 03:13:14 PM »

Technically speaking, we don't want to reward people for going over their mastery, which giving them a chance at winning just might.

So when someone makes a fuinjutsu that opens a jinchurikis seal and makes them go over mastery they instantly lose the fight?

Well, if the seal is opened and the host doesn't have full mastery yet, the beast would want to be free, so I guess so? Then the beast would have to be GM'd, or maybe in this special case the host gets to GM the beast?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2016, 06:31:00 PM »

Well, if the seal is opened and the host doesn't have full mastery yet, the beast would want to be free, so I guess so? Then the beast would have to be GM'd, or maybe in this special case the host gets to GM the beast?

Why don't we just make it a rule than that if you haven't mastered your bijuu you lose if any attack touches you? That's what we're encouraging, is just more one touch win abilities.

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2016, 12:21:02 AM »

Sometimes i think it would be better if someone rped the bijuu, not just once, but all the time. They do have their own personalities. So it wouldn't be far off.

SURE this would kinda turn into a pokemon battle.

"GO KYUUBI I CHOOSE YOU!"

- Kyuubi flips you the bird. You don't have enough badges to control Kyuubi. Kyuubi  sat down and took a looooooong nap.

Silliness aside, it is a thought. This way we would see the BIjuu act for once, have them be alive. OH NO WE WOULD HAVE AN RP.

but this would also help with such a thing as 'going over mastery'

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2016, 01:00:32 AM »

But for that to happen, there would have to be general consistency throughout all the bijuu. If you decide to give a bijuu a certain personality and RP the wild bijuu with that personality, it would make sense if all 'players' of the bijuu kept that personality. It would be strange if someone RP'd the three tails to be a rampaging kaiju during one period and the next person who RPs it makes it act like a cuddly, laid-back surfer. It's just bad writing at that point.
But a lot of people are not really that good at writing a diverse set of characters and usually fall into the comfort of one mind-set that they're 'good' at. I'm guilty of it too at times, but I try my best to keep all the NPCs special in their own ways :)
But then again, people will likely not use those personalities in their fights because it wouldn't be advantageous for them to act like the bijuu because it would likely put them at risk.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2016, 04:36:53 AM »

And i think thats the reason why we don't see them rped.... a shame really...

But i would think that it should just be decided beforehand that if the bijuu goes berserk or is controlled that it is rped by the GM?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2016, 01:16:59 PM »

Why don't we just make it a rule than that if you haven't mastered your bijuu you lose if any attack touches you? That's what we're encouraging, is just more one touch win abilities.

You're kidding right? If you have not exhibited mastery enough to enter tailed beast state and your seal is forcibly released by Uzumaki hacks, then regardless of there being a rule or not, if the character cannot restore that seal nor get the beast back into them almost immediately, then functionally that character is dead and the tailed beast is rampaging.

Rule or no rule, a one-shot technique like that would screw you anyways. Could just make it a rule to ban that kind of thing from biju matches, you'd have at least two vote for it.  ;)

** Well, unless you're a jashinist you're screwed, cause even Senju and Uzumaki are too weak to continue seriously fighting if they fail to restore the seal and/or get the beast back into their bodies. That's the only exception that I can think of there. **
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 01:19:27 PM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2016, 07:40:30 PM »

I don't think it's any sillier than saying it's an instant loss because we don't feel like making real rules for it.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2016, 04:54:28 AM »

I don't think it's any sillier than saying it's an instant loss because we don't feel like making real rules for it.

What did you have in mind as far as a rule goes? The host should not be in a position to be able to abuse this, but then again, under the threat of one touch seal releases followed by new sealing, what's even the point of going through the trouble of making elaborate rules for it?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2016, 05:07:32 AM »

What did you have in mind as far as a rule goes? The host should not be in a position to be able to abuse this, but then again, under the threat of one touch seal releases followed by new sealing, what's even the point of going through the trouble of making elaborate rules for it?

Because it is a thing that can be done and so I wanted to make rules for it. That's all.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2016, 11:41:58 PM »

Because it is a thing that can be done and so I wanted to make rules for it. That's all.

What kind of rule did you have in mind?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2016, 01:34:09 AM »

The proposed rules were made by me. Since we're not doing tail count for mastery we should probably just change it to something like you unleash a form of the bijuu each turn and in 4 turns the bijuu is out and you're dead
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 16 queries.