Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Poll

Should the Gedo Mazo be added to the Bijuu Challenge List?

Yes
- 13 (52%)
No
- 12 (48%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: June 15, 2016, 05:28:45 AM

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Should the Gedo Mazo be a challenge-able beast?  (Read 14947 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Should the Gedo Mazo be a challenge-able beast?
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2016, 08:42:46 PM »

Quote from: Bocchiere
We've completely ignored that point thus far by saying the owner puts seals on it to allow only them to summon it. What else would you say it needs rule wise?

The custom seal is one thing, but nowadays with the introduction of the contract seal and Uzumaki Clan being a major race on the server, you will undoubtly run into some problems should you engage someone who is well-versed in seals. All it would take is someone to flawlessly place a contract seal upon the Mazo and voilą!

Anonymous Ninja has taken reigns of that colossal husk of beast out of your hands and it is now running rampart! (This sudden change would eventually fall upon a gamemaster to do their best to keep the flow of roleplay ongoing.)

Too many loopholes that need to be addressed, before we actually start introducing the thing into competitive roleplay. :oops:

Ok. I mean yes the contract seal exists, that is a danger. I don't really see that as a loophole more so than a thing that can happen. Being able to remove someone's bijuu isn't a loophole in the bijuu rules yu know, it's just something that can happen. What other loopholes do you see?

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2016, 09:08:03 PM »

Quote from: Bocchiere
We've completely ignored that point thus far by saying the owner puts seals on it to allow only them to summon it. What else would you say it needs rule wise?

The custom seal is one thing, but nowadays with the introduction of the contract seal and Uzumaki Clan being a major race on the server, you will undoubtly run into some problems should you engage someone who is well-versed in seals. All it would take is someone to flawlessly place a contract seal upon the Mazo and voilą!

Anonymous Ninja has taken reigns of that colossal husk of beast out of your hands and it is now running rampart! (This sudden change would eventually fall upon a gamemaster to do their best to keep the flow of roleplay ongoing.)

Too many loopholes that need to be addressed, before we actually start introducing the thing into competitive roleplay. :oops:

Ok. I mean yes the contract seal exists, that is a danger. I don't really see that as a loophole more so than a thing that can happen. Being able to remove someone's bijuu isn't a loophole in the bijuu rules yu know, it's just something that can happen. What other loopholes do you see?

Unless someone missed something that I didn't then I see no possible exploits other then you could circumvent the process of bringing the husk back to life by not using the psychical corporal form of the tailed beast, but instead just sealing that specific chakras in the correct order. 

I rather not beat a dead horse, but I could've sworn that we abolish certain techniques and items past Chapter 600. I could've sworn that Juubi was part of that discussion, although I could be wrong. :oops:

I went through so much trouble to introduce some of these aspects that we use in competitive  roleplay, but in the end it didn't even matter. You have certain groups that stick with their own storyline and you have those who will actually come together to collaborate an event together. It's a very slippery slope to cross when everything is divided down the middle. :(

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2016, 10:05:51 PM »

I assume you mean restoring the 10 tails by giving the statue portions of the beasts chakra, like what Obito did for the 8 and 9 tails, rather than the full beasts? I don't think there's much leeway there, we'd just have to say that it either can or cannot be done.

The juubi things were voided, by me I was the one who made the list, because at the time the Juubi could not be gained so none of those abilities based on it could be used on SL. Regardless this is about making the Mazo challenge-able, not approving the Juubi for use IC.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2016, 10:21:07 PM »

Of course I wasn't gonna loan it to you when it was still IC, you're you, I had zero reason to trust you. Since you had to bring that up that point though then I suppose I can make a point too, even tho I already said I was done with this.

You say you'd be ok with just getting the statue, every beast, getting your OOC fight event and then you pass em all out cept Kurama and nothing changes IC.

We also despise each other and last I checked you don't get along with Athos either. Three-way hatred.

So if you'd still be okay with that, which you're implying to be, then what's there to prevent you from running that OOC event now by just saying me and Athos gave you permission to use the statue and beasts for it? Not that you'd need it since its all OOC but still, you'd get your event and we'd be left alone to continue our stuff like normal.

For one its OOC and they'd go back to us anyway, so there wouldn't be a need to even touch the claim list
Secondly you and us wouldn't need to waste time with these threads and fighting, you could just jump in right away
Third we'd get to start sooner on figuring how assumably the council-to-be would divide out the 0 and 2-8 tails

And last but undoubtedly the most, we'd never have to deal with each other again in this manner. I can't imagine anybody who wouldn't be relieved over that.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 10:21:53 PM by Warren »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2016, 11:00:23 PM »

Except you don't seem to get that I want to beat you in a fight. I can beat you and Athos, I don't need to take a compromise to get your beasts. I don't want to just take them from you because the journey is really more important than the destination on this occasion. The juubi event will really be my present to me for successfully capturing all the bijuu.

Secondly, IF I give the beasts back out, I would just pick the people I gave them out to, I wouldn't return them to the council.

Whether enough people agree with my and others logic about the Mazo being challenge-able and I get it from you that way or by tracking you down IC once our bijuu match is over, I'm going to get the Mazo too. It's a matter of when not if. That's why I think it's funny when you say I'm just a huge liar and only doing this so I can get the Mazo from you, implying I couldn't do it any other way.

The only reason you're even offering this to me now is that the vote is closer than you thought it would be and you're starting to sweat, so you're looking to cut your losses and try to still come out ahead. I made you an offer before our fight, one ridiculously lopsided in your favor, that would have ended our interactions after this fight was done. You didn't want to take it and so I told you, ok, good job, now I need to pursue you further once this fight is done. You didn't seem to care to remedy that situation then. Because of course even me putting all my bijuu on the line against Shukaku and the Mazo still meant you could lose, and you're just trying to finagle a situation where you can't lose out of this.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2016, 11:54:26 PM »

void the dam edo rules.

so what? it did nothing to curtail them at all...to stop the OPness...to keep one person from being able to destroy entire villages and everything that other people have ever built upon...to steam roll over the community as an unstoppable force that no one has a chance to defeat.

This however...*waves hands around*...is wrong. No matter how many people vote to make it right.

he uses his item, he is active. go find him in IC.

without the three ring circus that whips everyone into an uproar.

It's just that simple.

Suishou Koji

• Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2016, 11:59:16 PM »

Except you don't seem to get that I want to beat you in a fight. I can beat you and Athos, I don't need to take a compromise to get your beasts. I don't want to just take them from you because the journey is really more important than the destination on this occasion. The juubi event will really be my present to me for successfully capturing all the bijuu.

Secondly, IF I give the beasts back out, I would just pick the people I gave them out to, I wouldn't return them to the council.

Whether enough people agree with my and others logic about the Mazo being challenge-able and I get it from you that way or by tracking you down IC once our bijuu match is over, I'm going to get the Mazo too. It's a matter of when not if. That's why I think it's funny when you say I'm just a huge liar and only doing this so I can get the Mazo from you, implying I couldn't do it any other way.

The only reason you're even offering this to me now is that the vote is closer than you thought it would be and you're starting to sweat, so you're looking to cut your losses and try to still come out ahead. I made you an offer before our fight, one ridiculously lopsided in your favor, that would have ended our interactions after this fight was done. You didn't want to take it and so I told you, ok, good job, now I need to pursue you further once this fight is done. You didn't seem to care to remedy that situation then. Because of course even me putting all my bijuu on the line against Shukaku and the Mazo still meant you could lose, and you're just trying to finagle a situation where you can't lose out of this.

OR maybe he's sick of you arguing with him, trying to search for a middle ground.

void the dam edo rules.

so what? it did nothing to curtail them at all...to stop the OPness...to keep one person from being able to destroy entire villages and everything that other people have ever built upon...to steam roll over the community as an unstoppable force that no one has a chance to defeat.

This however...*waves hands around*...is wrong. No matter how many people vote to make it right.

he uses his item, he is active. go find him in IC.

without the three ring circus that whips everyone into an uproar.

It's just that simple.

Exactly. He uses the item and he's active. No rules are broken.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2016, 12:05:01 AM »

Oh look, it's Koji.

Yeah Kay just go find him IC, that's never caused issue for anyone. Other than every time Yujo did a thing. Or anytime someones tried to rp in Kiri. Or that time we made all IC bijuu rules that were an abysmal failure.

The method has nothing to do with it people just don't want to lose. It doesn't matter if I beat him in a challenge for the Mazo, strip him of the Mazo for not following rules about, track him down and steal the Mazo IC, or make him give me the Mazo through the use of a voodoo ritual, there are going to be complaints along the way.

Suishou Koji

• Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2016, 12:42:40 AM »

Oh look, it's Koji.

Yep that's me. Don't use my name too much, it makes me blush.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2016, 01:16:31 AM »

I rose from my grave to come to this specific topic and post my stinky opinion. I don't think it should be challengeable because of how this place is. Open up any bijuu battle topic and this forum and read any post other than the opening post (or read those too, because some are just absurd). Thankfully I left just before the whole regulation of bijuu set in all those years ago. Hell, I was even the host of the 10 tails body back then (back before the gedo mazo was revealed to be it and it was basically just for bragging rights because it didn't do anything) because I just said so. Lots a people didn't like that so I said screw them and just played with people who didn't care about that.

Bocchiere, if you want the Mazo. Just RP that you have it. People will decide to play with you or not regardless because everyone has an option to pick who they play with. Hell, you could rp that you split the planet in half and filled the middle with stroganoff for all I care >_> People will decide whether it's canon to their headcanon or not and you'll either be acknowledged or voided.

So if you make this challengeable and requiring posts on the forum, make everything abide by that rule. Just know that will be driving the final nail in the coffin of fun on this place ⊙_⊙ Then I guess whoever is left can fight over the used toilet paper and boast about being king of the hill.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2016, 01:20:27 AM »

Steal all the toilet paper before the world ends!

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2016, 01:41:19 AM »

Nah, I thought I made it pretty clear earlier already I don't care about the end result of this vote cause its essentially pointless. I can both be found and be attempted to steal the statue from as is already, so in short it already is challengeable...only difference to this is that for some reason people are demanding they be allowed to do the same thing I always get chewed out for despite proving the claims wrong everytime; jump through loops.

I should make an SL cheat book, 'I challenge you' would be equivalent of godmode since it seems to allow complete disregard of IC no matter the occasion. Perhaps 'Not like this' for some toilet paper when some psycho has claimed it all and you ate a bit too much mexican. Wouldn't that be just a hoot.

Plus well lets be real for a sec, even if this went 100 to 0 against your favor, you'd just make up some BS reason to auto-strip it from me anyway >> If the claim list wasn't locked you'd have already done it.

Come to think of it I'm gonna be voiding your ass to kingdom come outside of the Shukaku thing anyway so I guess you'll be doing that regardless. I wonder how many'd be still lusting after the thing if you had it...probably nobody except a bored Kirk.

Why I offered doesn't really matter because you enjoy trying to cram words down my throat so much you'd claim it was wrong anyway, but if someone else still reading this nonsense would like to know its basically what Koji said. I grow weary of all this and thought for once in your life you'd have been a decent human being and taken a deal that benefits everyone. But nah. Guess I was delirious.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2016, 02:12:37 AM »

I get that idea as anything less than say a 60/40, maybe even 75/25 decision will not make Warren relent. Winning by too close of a vote, will not be enough to make Warren relent and defend his beast. There needs to be a bigger majority, as if there are more he is more likely to comply, else look in extremely poor taste. And at the end of the day, if he rejects it no matter what, you will want more people to void his claim of the mazo, then support it so you can be the legitimate one.

A dead locked vote, or winning by one or two votes will not accomplish anything other than half of the people saying the mazo needs to be defended and you have it, and the other half saying Warren has it and does not need to defend it. It just splits the SL universe, again and accomplished little.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2016, 02:20:07 AM »

Yeah what a horrible human being I am for not letting Warren the Cheater get away with not losing his bijuu again. You should go ahead and write that book on cheating, you're a force to be reckoned with in the subject.

Yeah make an excuse to void me, it's not going to help you. If the vote doesn't go my way I'll get someone to gank you for me in IC, since unlike you I don't just ignore the rules that don't suit me. Then you can make up excuses to void them too. Then of course I'll be the one with the mazo voiding you.

And sorry Trev but I don't agree to that. If my side wins the vote I'm challenging him for the Mazo and when doesn't accept it I'll strip him of it. The number doesn't matter, everyone could have voted yes here but him and he'd still say he doesn't have to defend it, because Warren gets to pick and choose which rules he follows.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2016, 04:32:06 AM »

No need to be sorry. But I just see that situation doing nothing but split the universe again and thus making two mazo's in play, one by you claiming that you had enough votes and stripping him when he won't defend it. And him saying not enough of the community voted to say yes, and his side ignoring the strip.

Guess we'll agree to disagree, and you must do what you deem best. Just wanted to voice my opinion and stance.

Off topic, but everyone can you please be kind? I swear SL needs the mods to hand out bans and mutes way more often, and be over zealous with their jobs before you people learn anything. You can all reread you comments before posting, you'll all bright people and know what is being antagonistic or not. I credited earlier sl being awful as most of us were in our youth, but it seems like nobody has shown growth. Just please be kind, it isn't hard to have a civil forum discussion about a text based naruto game. Anyway sorry for going off topic, I love you all, please all try to be the best you can be, I know you can all do better.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 19 queries.