Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [Discussion]: Council Member Inactivity  (Read 3477 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
[Discussion]: Council Member Inactivity
« on: June 08, 2016, 06:25:56 AM »

As for inactivity, we certainly want it to apply to anyone involved in the interest of keeping things moving.

I do not think it is unreasonable for a judge to have to vote within 7 days...to comment and be active I mean...a discussion may well indeed take longer than 7 days between all active council members...I imagine that some issues may have more than one thing to discuss...

And if a participant has to post to his match once every 7 days, then I think a council member should have to comment on a current issue that is brought before the council within that same 7 days or be considered inactive for that particular issue and have the alternate be called to fill in.

Thoughts? What is the criteria here?

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: [Discussion]: Council Member Inactivity
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 06:53:46 PM »

As per the poll to have Trev be an alternate council member, Ace shared his thoughts on the matter of council inactivity and they are summarized as follows:

No temp members/alternates for votes, just deal with the tie in a vote if one should arise.

Treat council member inactivity as a separate issue, if one needs to be replaced then do it.

So again...comments on what constitutes the need to replace a council member?

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 08:08:59 PM »

Thank you Kay and numerous others for your continued leadership throughout this process. ;)

Also, one of the major goals should be to have strict guidelines.
Why? No one wants to see a month pass before someone is replaced due to inactivity...

The process should be very quick. I.e. X days inactivity means out of the council, replacement is chosen by X days, etc...

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 10:43:22 PM »

7 days inactivity results in immediate replacement not to exceed 14 days total without a full, active council.

That sound good?

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 03:16:47 AM »

not too bad.

so what is the most efficient and most fair means of choosing a replacement?

the council appoints a volunteer? or general election? or something else?

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 03:32:01 AM »

I'd say the Council picks from whoever didn't make the Council in the last election, because those are the ones that have expressed a somewhat recent interest in joining the Council, rather than forcing it on someone who might not want it.
And we'd know they already fit the minimum requirements to be on the Council. They may not be everyone's 1st-5th choice, but at least it gives the Council full membership until the next election.

But that's just an idea.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 03:42:39 AM »

Let's possibly not limit it to anyone from the last election. There may be people who want to be on the council later. Just like an election, people come and go. =)

Either have the members decide, or let the council decide.
Usually, most villages or cities simply appoint someone if one of their council members resigns or leaves the seat. Avoids unnecessary costs, time, etc.

But in that case, elections are then held.

My recommendation would be to ensure members are happy.
7 days of inactivity means council member is removed.
Next 7 days the council can or the members can pick someone to replace

**Every 4 months, all the council members are put up for "election" again.**
Why do I say this? Well, not sure if you all want this to be like a supreme court-- I sure don't.
And if the council members pick, the members of the site can then have a say when all are up for election again.

Hopefully my post was somewhat clear, if not, message me. ;)
Again, my goal is for members to continue to play an integral role.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2016, 07:33:50 AM »

I would have to agree with Ace on who may or may not be appointed. Perhaps someone who is a host now, will not be in the future and would also be interested at that time. Or those who ran this time might go inactive and not even be around to serve.

Definitely not a long term service. People wear out and the public also grows weary and desires change from time to time.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2016, 06:17:42 PM »

Let's possibly not limit it to anyone from the last election. There may be people who want to be on the council later. Just like an election, people come and go. =)

Either have the members decide, or let the council decide.
Usually, most villages or cities simply appoint someone if one of their council members resigns or leaves the seat. Avoids unnecessary costs, time, etc.

But in that case, elections are then held.

My recommendation would be to ensure members are happy.
7 days of inactivity means council member is removed.
Next 7 days the council can or the members can pick someone to replace

**Every 4 months, all the council members are put up for "election" again.**
Why do I say this? Well, not sure if you all want this to be like a supreme court-- I sure don't.
And if the council members pick, the members of the site can then have a say when all are up for election again.

Hopefully my post was somewhat clear, if not, message me. ;)
Again, my goal is for members to continue to play an integral role.

Does this activity count only when there are open decisions, or does that count for discussions regarding the Council and biju matters as well?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2016, 04:30:30 AM »

I just want to put this out there, partly because it is a situation I'll somewhat be in?

How do we want to treat vacations?

The week of the 20th-24th I will be on vacation. There is a strong possibility I'll still be able to log in, and I'll definitely make a concerted effort if there are any council decisions to be made, but there is a possibility of my being inactive for 7 days.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2016, 01:49:45 PM »

I didn't think that we made it a duty of the council to participate in discussions about the council...like in rule making. I figured that the obligation was to voting and moving bijuu matches along.

It is also my personal opinion that notified leave of absence does not count as an inactivity, even if a vote happens to be going on. SO I would think it permissible to take a vacation. Surely a council would be able to function properly without a member. I don't think being a member should be some sort of death to your life sentence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2016, 03:11:47 PM »

I didn't think that we made it a duty of the council to participate in discussions about the council...like in rule making. I figured that the obligation was to voting and moving bijuu matches along...

Can't Council members still vote and discuss biju rule threads, even if it is about the Council? To not be able to participate in the rule making process either would be an almost defacto end to my forum life.  :cry: :cry:

Jk, it's not quite that serious, but you know how I like making my thoughts heard in such threads. It would be a serious bummer to not be able to participate in Council ones.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2016, 09:20:03 PM »

Pretty sure she means that there's nothing that says we have to participate in other forum threads, not that we can't.

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2016, 10:43:51 PM »

I would say inactivity is unannounced absence.

If there is an issue at hand, it has to be resolved within 7 days. If a council member fails to do so, they count as inactive for this voting.

If this leads to a tie, due this inactivity, it will be asked for a voltuneer to take the place temporaly. The topic is discussed and voted on within 1-3 days? Depends whether the spare has much input or not.

One time inactivity leads to a warning, the second to removal?

If a council member has real life issues ,then they are asked to say so up front. This won't be counted as inactivity. Should a voting occur during the council members vacation, it will be asked for a spare, should a tie of voting occur.

How about that?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2016, 01:22:53 PM »

I would say inactivity is unannounced absence.

If there is an issue at hand, it has to be resolved within 7 days. If a council member fails to do so, they count as inactive for this voting.

If this leads to a tie, due this inactivity, it will be asked for a voltuneer to take the place temporaly. The topic is discussed and voted on within 1-3 days? Depends whether the spare has much input or not.

One time inactivity leads to a warning, the second to removal?

If a council member has real life issues ,then they are asked to say so up front. This won't be counted as inactivity. Should a voting occur during the council members vacation, it will be asked for a spare, should a tie of voting occur.

How about that?

That sounds fine, but excessive announced absences should get looked into. People taking a month off due to a serious injury need to be replaced a bit more permanently than someone taking a weekend off to get a tan and a good time at a furry convention.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 21 queries.