Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: [Biju Council] Agenda #2: Gedo Mazo  (Read 8505 times)

Moonfire

• View Profile
[Biju Council] Agenda #2: Gedo Mazo
« on: June 23, 2016, 10:18:18 PM »

Oi, Council guys, time for the next thing, apperantly. If you wonder it is about this here:

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8968.0.html

Challenge from Bocchiere towards Warren!
A week passed till issuing it and nothing happened.

I do know that there was some sort of conflict i between both ? We may want to hear their sides and discuss this further.

Thus far, only open for council members, to discuss! ( Unless you dudes got a better idea, I apologize also for late replies, time zones make it difficult)

Chinote

• View Profile
Re: [Biju Council] Agenda #2: Gedo Mazo
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 07:49:53 PM »

The only real question is if Warren was aware of the challenge.

Per the post, he has Bocc ignored, so if he, say, hasn't been keeping up with the forum or was on vacation or whatever, then he probably wouldn't see it at all.

Otherwise, there real isn't anything to do besides go through the standard inactive host routine, assuming it'd just fall under the bijuu rules.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 01:23:21 AM »

You guys could keep assuming or going with 'if' they did this or that or.....go on SL and ask them, eh? Both are on there at LEAST once a day so there's no way they won't get your message. GG.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 09:47:34 PM »

yEah does the Gedo count into the bijuu rules? I mean just recently it was decided that it can be battled about, but. Is it a bijuu? No. It is...a statue thing, is it not?

I also think it was once claimed , just so no one else would claim it and cause chaos or something. But this is just my guess and something i would do.

Yes, i would claim something just so it doesn't fall into hands of others.

how about letting them state their version of the situation in ONE post here? and then we just decide how to go from there?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 12:10:43 AM »

Yes it is a bijuu as far as the rules are concerned. That was the point of the topic. It is now challengeable under the bijuu rules similar to the Reibi.

We all knew this would happen. Warren isn't willing to defend the mazo so he said from the get go he'd ignore the rule change if the vote didn't go in his favor. The topic was open for 2 weeks and as legit as any other change we've made.

If he's not willing to follow the bijuu rules he gets stripped. Simple.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 04:26:55 AM »

well since god and everyone are making comments in the council meeting...

I have to question the legitimacy of changing the rule on how a claimed item is handled just so it can be now something the owner is forced to risk losing in combat to another person, ie: bijuu status. By voting on it or not. As it was before the issue was brought up and voted upon, the owner was obeying the existing rules.

As such , the issue on whether it can be challenged for needs to be settled before the issue of the ignored challenge can be dealt with.
I feel that is a very pertinent point.

There were already rules governing the use and ownership of this item, and they were being obeyed. As a claimed item, rules for its governance already were in play. Additionally, its use has to date not been used to bring harm to other player characters by its current owner. Were this an issue to debuff the item, an attempt to keep it from being too OP...then the issue would be similar to that of the creation of Edo Tense rules. But it is not.

I call for an agenda to precede the matter of the challenge to Warren, by calling into question the legitimacy of changing it from a claimed item to a challengable bijuu.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 04:31:06 AM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 04:52:46 AM »

As such , the issue on whether it can be challenged for needs to be settled before the issue of the ignored challenge can be dealt with.
I feel that is a very pertinent point.

I call for an agenda to precede the matter of the challenge to Warren, by calling into question the legitimacy of changing it from a claimed item to a challengable bijuu.

I'm in the pseudo council, remember? D;

Also it was also voted on by more than just the council that it has to be defended now. Even if you get the whole council to agree with you it doesn't just veto the the poll and topic Nekomaru made which was in favor of Bocc.

Question it all you want. It was voted in by what was it, 30 votes? It was close, but it was decided. You  can't revert it just cause the council is a thing again.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2016, 08:54:20 AM »

If it was decided that it fell under the Bijuu rules, then I see no reason for the stripping procedure to not take place.

If ya'll wanna keep fighting about it or overturn the decision, then it's not our [the Council's] decision and we don't need to hold this meeting.

But if A, then we still need the other three to do their jobs and take part in this.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2016, 04:28:39 PM »

well since god and everyone are making comments in the council meeting...

I have to question the legitimacy of changing the rule on how a claimed item is handled just so it can be now something the owner is forced to risk losing in combat to another person...

The vote was, in the end, "for" the Gedo to become a challengable beast. The populace who cared voted, the deal is done, it is irrevelent, at this stage, the motivations behind the motion being made in the first place. The caring population, the supreme authority in rule making, made its choice:

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8948.105.html

Therefore, if Warren refuses to defend the Mazo because he does not recognize the legitimacy of the rule (or for whatever other reason) then he is due to be stripped of the Gedo Mazou. There is no check or balance on population voting power when it comes to making new rules or directly amending them, so what's done is what's done in this case.

If it were the Council suddenly making up a new rule or widely including the Mazou in a decision then we'd have a different issue, but the People voted on this matter.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2016, 05:16:23 PM »

You people do realize you're just wasting your time, cause even if you tell him no he's going to claim it anyway? Not that I could have been forced to deal with him anyway, nor is this going to affect my doings either cause I could honestly care less of being "official" at this point after all I've been put through, all because "rules".

If anything your time would be better spent taking your things off the claimed list and recording them somewhere else, because this kind of "voting" only proves "ownership" of an item is meaningless now.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2016, 10:58:13 PM »

Yeah because there are tons of other items that could be regarded as bijuu and could be changed in the same way to be logically included in the bijuu list.

So there you go he has no intention to defend the mazo or follow the bijuu rules. Not surprising since both of those have been his platform since he obtained the mazo and shukaku.

So if the council would like me to do an rp similar to what was done for the Reibi for ease of decision making that would be fine with me.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2016, 11:32:41 PM »

Oh I've no doubt whatsoever you or whoever else could quite easily think up some other reason to run another "vote" and declare aaaanything challenge obligated.

No point running RPs or whatever for it either, the whole reason you put up the vote was to wait it down to the second it ended to post your topic if it was a "yes" anyway, just so you'd have priority demand others can't question.

Plus well its not like I could have just mysteriously lost it on my own for any conceivable IC reason since I'm voiding his existence and nobody ever actually came after me, nor am I going to stop playing with it anyway because with this I'm no longer bound by any "rules" whatsoever so whatever I do is no concern of the council, so frankly its the least brain cells wasted for everyone if you just swap the claim name to him and leave it at that.

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2016, 07:15:12 AM »

Okay, people . I said this is a council thread. I hereby warn all non council members for posting.
I wish i could do more than that.

To bocchiere and Warren, i suggested to post ONE post explaining your situation. I think you did just that sufficient enough.

If you need to have a dispute, i would kindly ask the both of you to take a quiet leave out of this thread. we are here to find a solution, not to watch a mudd wrestling match.

See yourselves warned as well. (PS to council members: We need to find a thing we can do if such things get overhand)

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2016, 12:22:14 PM »

Giving post warnings and calling Ace are about the max that can be done for the time being. Nevertheless, as Silver put it, Warren, Bocchiere, if you guys want to go at it take it somewhere else, especially since whining and spitting will get neither of you any further in this thread.

In related news, I'm not sure how a GM'd battle with the Gedo would even play out considering its much more limited moveset as compare to a standard biju. What does the rest of the Council think on that?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 12:24:37 PM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2016, 11:59:44 PM »

If you guys want to propose an amendment to the bijuu rules to say no one can post in council topics unless the councilors permit it then go right ahead. Until then I don't see the need to stare at a question I know the answer to for 12 hours while I wait for one of you to get on.

Eric, the Mazo doesn't have any less moves than the Reibi, and the fight for that was quite fun. Silver's desire to have a fight for the Reibi was just so that there was some sort of rp to obtain the beast, if I understood correctly, and it is understood that the beast can't really put up any challenge against me anyway. The rp fight occurs just for the sake of an rp happening.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 19 queries.