Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Replacement Council Candidates?  (Read 2307 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Replacement Council Candidates?
« on: July 17, 2016, 01:39:03 AM »

Okay, so as far as I know, Genesis is kind of inactive and Silver has professed to upcoming inactivity. Now, presuming there is going to be another biju issue before both are resolved, we are going to need to fill their spots. Offhand I am not sure if the Official Council rules have a direct covering for situations like this, so I guess what we are to do is kind of open for discussion.

Before we go deciding who (via public voting) can fill those spots, first, we need interested candidates. From what I know a candidate dropping out is part of what quickly resolved the 1st major Council, so making the position attractive should probably be on the to do list as well.

Anyone got any preferences there?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
Re: Replacement Council Candidates?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 05:39:50 AM »

Literally pm me dude. I'm on SL almost everyday but I occasionally pop up here.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 10:40:43 AM »

Literally pm me dude. I'm on SL almost everyday but I occasionally pop up here.

It's mostly here that I'm concerned about.

Nevertheless, that still leaves Moonfire.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 11:23:27 AM »

To be active on SL is no troubel, i mean i  sometimes wait for replies for....weeks?!

So checking it up once in a while, ain't troubling, but the council needs more attention, sadly i cannot give it my full attention. Also i don't want Bocchiere to PM ME ALONE whenever something concerns the council.

I don't want to be a babysitter...

that and life does get hasty again.

Sorry

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 07:17:23 PM »

I vote myself.

Because why not? No one else seems interested.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 11:00:17 PM »

whatever anyone wants is fine with me.

Ace mentioned something about dealing with issues with the active members...instead of waiting for replacements to be elected...one time...somewhere...

other than that. should an issue crop up before a full council ...an active one...not one you have to go message anytime something comes up but members who check here to see if an issue if happening...

cause like...it needs to be considered a going concern for the members to check their message board for council concerns on a regular basis...not to be called to supper before they come to table...

then get the memberhip filled.

every 6 months was supposed to be elections. like january and june...as the timing was going to work.

but we had drops outs along the way so it never even got a full term in before  replacement was required.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 11:37:08 PM »

People may review my past posts, like any others. =)
I have tried to help people "crawl" first instead of simply "running," and I have tried to share solutions to possible problems that may occur in the future, like this issue we have now...

But, seems like now-a-days that advise is slowly being pushed aside. :cry:
Oh well, hopefully you all are able to sort matters out. ^^
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 11:38:25 PM by Ace »

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2016, 04:35:53 PM »

I wanted to get involved in the council from the beginning but rules say Jincks can't be a council member... Well, I am not a Host anymore and still want to get my fingers in this.

I just can't put myself on the council or anything even close o.o So I am just a bystander until the actual council makes a decision. The Council, or Ace, but I'm pretty positive the latter wants the former to handle things like this.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2016, 01:12:23 AM »

Well, we were voted in. I don't know if that gives us the authority to self-appoint new members before the next election or not.

Either that, or we'd have to have a new vote for any replacement candidates.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2016, 04:56:36 AM »

I wanted to get involved in the council from the beginning but rules say Jincks can't be a council member... Well, I am not a Host anymore and still want to get my fingers in this.

I just can't put myself on the council or anything even close o.o So I am just a bystander until the actual council makes a decision. The Council, or Ace, but I'm pretty positive the latter wants the former to handle things like this.

Generally we were waiting on a new election or an inactive member interim election, but things got a little slowed down when the number of volunteers seemed to be, well, short. I can make a new thread calling for interested individuals to step forward, and then we can move on from there.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.