Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [Rant] I hate the concept of time on SL. It sucks.  (Read 3816 times)

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
Re: [Rant] I hate the concept of time on SL. It sucks.
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2016, 11:59:46 PM »

I find this all very interesting and am glad that so many people responded.

And Genny...perhaps you can look at it like this. You father was host to a demon and that may certainly have had some medical consequences to make him appear to have stopped aging. Call it male vanity? Call it the curse of Kaizer...it works either way and everyone is how they like to be!

I'm just gonna settle on 32 and call it a day lol

The age thing is silly. If you want to talk about something controversial with time, technique casting/performing/effecting time would be a better subject.

Yeah I remember Ryoji was claiming to have a Senjutsu enhanced Tailed Beast Ball rocketing through the infinite expanse of his pocket dimension forever so he could launch it in any bijuu challenge and I was like yeah that's dumb.

I mean, he could do that in theory, but energy eventually dissipates. Energy is spent for the ball to keep it's form...so eventually that would cause the ball to lose energy and eventually it's power. Also that wouldn't count in a bijuu battle since isn't that technically a buff? My theories /rant

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2016, 12:20:31 AM »

The age thing is silly. If you want to talk about something controversial with time, technique casting/performing/effecting time would be a better subject.

Yeah I remember Ryoji was claiming to have a Senjutsu enhanced Tailed Beast Ball rocketing through the infinite expanse of his pocket dimension forever so he could launch it in any bijuu challenge and I was like yeah that's dumb.

That sounds awesome!

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2016, 12:31:42 AM »

Thankfully I don't have to worry about aging :)

But my whole opinion on the thing is that people should be able to age their character as slow or as fast as possible. Age is but a number. It's kind of like height or weight. It all doesn't really matter here unless you specifically go out of your way during an RP to make it matter.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2016, 08:56:31 AM »

This whole age/time thing is interesting.

When I first started all this, I was 12ish, and yet I opted to make my characters all 15.
As I aged, I grew into them, in a way, adding a year for every two years irl until they matched.
Once that happened, I kept them the same age as I was. But then my characters started getting responsibilities and such that seemed well beyond a 17-19 year old's load, so I bumped them up to mid 20s. Then they just sort of stayed that age for a few years.
When I brought Chinote (and myself) back, what was it, 2 years ago?, I decided to make him in his thirties, since it fit with the more or less general absence I had from the site for a large chunk of time.
I guess it's just whatever you want/feel is right. It's your character.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2016, 07:37:58 AM »

Kirk was 16 I think when turned to Uetto he became 35. His real age now is not even important to him. So he really hasn't keep up with it. He also doesnt celebrate birthdays.

But my opinion is do your character how you want. They are yours after all.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 16 queries.