Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Author Topic: Turn Off Clan and PVP Mail Alerts  (Read 4529 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Turn Off Clan and PVP Mail Alerts
« on: July 25, 2016, 10:46:35 PM »

I hate them. I wish I could kill them but that isn't how computers work. Could we possibly get an option to opt out of receiving clan join/withdraw notices as well as pvp notices? I don't play the ingame forest ever so I couldn't care less if I've been pvp'd

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Turn Off Clan and PVP Mail Alerts
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 12:27:17 AM »

Technically yes - though you would possibly then don't see why your gold i.e. is less than it was last night =/
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 01:05:26 AM »

Never noticed the reply to this topic, sorry. And yeah that is true but I again would not care because I only use the site for rp and talking.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 12:12:48 AM »

Reviving this topic. I say make it an option in the settings list. This way people who still want to know can know, and those of us who don't like it clogging up our mail can turn it off.

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 12:44:59 AM »

You can check by name at the bottom of the list. Just takes a couple of seconds longer than having it turned off.

I'm for this idea with that being said. We can turn everything else off, why not filter out mail messages?
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 07:42:39 PM »

I still have to explain to the question "why does my bank gold go down when I have a new day?!" sometimes ;)

At one point, I wanted to make it 36pixels and bright red on the new day page, but I think it would still not be read... ;)

Imagine what happens when you turn off pvp messages... people forget.

The mail, so to speak, serves as a "what happened to me" log also.

If you have a plan who works alternally, I am all ears.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 10:03:43 PM »

How about a filter in our mail that retains settings? Like toggle "show only player messages" or something. Or a folder system in our mail? Either preset folders such as:

>Shinobi Letters
>System Messages

Or a way we can manage folders ourselves that'll automatically flag messages from certain people(?) and allocate them to the appropriate folder.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2016, 11:52:07 PM »

How about a filter in our mail that retains settings? Like toggle "show only player messages" or something. Or a folder system in our mail? Either preset folders such as:

>Shinobi Letters
>System Messages

Or a way we can manage folders ourselves that'll automatically flag messages from certain people(?) and allocate them to the appropriate folder.

This was basically what I was saying. Just make it a setting to "Do not receive System Mails" in the Settings, but have the default be set to "Receive System Mails". Either that or do a filter option like Rai' said; whichever is easier.

Also, Shadow, you learn something new everyday, because I actually didn't know that was something you can do. Thanks fam.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 06:04:55 AM »

>Shinobi Letters
>System Messages

This was basically what I was saying. Just make it a setting to "Do not receive System Mails" in the Settings, but have the default be set to "Receive System Mails". Either that or do a filter option like Rai' said; whichever is easier.

Also, Shadow, you learn something new everyday, because I actually didn't know that was something you can do. Thanks fam.

Everything good where you at, son?

Shadow's option is a workaround. Whether we have a filter or the filter by name way, you're gonna have to eventually delete the system messages.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2016, 01:09:39 AM »

A filter not to receive any messages i.e. from Systems is not a good way.
Believe me, you forget about it, and then you can't get a message that was not sent to you / received by you.

Folder would be a thing, but that would mean an entirely new feature to the mailbox (which is quite antique, code-wise).

I'd technically would rather prefer a "don't-display" filter, but that would then affect i.e. the "you have new mail" and also the e-mail-requests.

Can't promise anything there, I still would prefer the clan RPG chat option which would be next on queue.

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 20 queries.