Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: Rooster Teeth  (Read 1588 times)

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Rooster Teeth
« on: August 06, 2016, 10:38:45 AM »

I know a few people on SL watch Rooster Teeth's material. For the most part it's either RWBY or RvB, but mostly the latter.

So does anyone else watch them?
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
Re: Rooster Teeth
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 06:41:45 PM »

Not as much as I used to, but mainly RvB

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 08:02:38 AM »

I watch RWBY and RvB. I'm a bigger fan of RWBY than RvB.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 06:19:44 AM »

I watch everything RT and AH put out. Couldn't care less about FH/SA though. Only times I'll watch them is if they play against AH and they both put up a video on it.
Day 5 is objectively the best thing RT's made.
Camp Camp is by far their best animated show, not counting RvB as animation since it's mostly Machinema.
Off Topic is the best podcast.

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 01:02:25 PM »

For me I only watched the first season of RvB. After that my interest in it tapered off. Though I do still watch it when an epic or funny scene happens. Best example is when Tex kicks the shit out of them. :D
RWBY I haven't really ever gotten into. From what I hear it's a great show.

I'm with Chinote on this. I watch everything they put out excluding the above ^ and some of their other minuscule stuff.

My favorite would have to be AH though. Huge fanboy of them. Everything they put out I'll watch. FH has some funny moments. Not a huge fan of them, but they can make you laugh. Credit is due. SA and the others I could care less for.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 07:21:08 AM »

RvB gets better as it goes, plot wise. The first season was literally just a bunch of 'assholes in a box canyon.' The further into the series you get, the more they actually try to have an over arching plot, and it's pretty well done. There are a few things that don't add up, but a lot of them were recently addressed in the Season 14's anthology season, which connect some dots and rewrote some of the earlier stuff before the plot existed to make sense.

RWBY's pretty hit or miss. It's not bad if you look at it as a prominently 'live action' company's first animated show, but it's far from well polished, and the plot seems to be all over the place, partly due to the fact that Monty, the creator, didn't really have a whole lot of 'plot' and just had a bunch of dots and had the two head writers, which weren't the most well versed in anime (and frankly have mediocre taste at best), connect them as best they could. There are several instances where Monty animated scenes and forced them into the show last minute despite ruining what little narrative the writing team had going. With Monty's death in Feb 2015, the writing is more... stable, and the last season, which went into production a month after his death, is head and shoulders above the first two in all facets, save the fight scenes, which was the biggest and greatest thing Monty brought to the table.

Gonna have to echo the AH sentiment of Madara.
I respect FH as the industry vets they are, but it just seems like Burnie doing his LA pals a favor after they got laid off. I just don't see the appeal of not-Kovic. Adam is alright.
Also don't really care about any of the "Let's Play" 'family' members that aren't Greg Miller. He was great in the Gauntlet.
Never even heard of Cow Chop, The Creatures or the other one before they started showing up in AH videos.
Glad FH is about the only one that's in more than one a month.

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 21 queries.