Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Preta path vs Hozuki  (Read 4831 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Preta path vs Hozuki
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2016, 06:32:35 PM »

Just because you transform into something via chakra doesn't you become 100% chakra. Naruto transformed into a jutsu (rasenshuriken) and when it was absorbed by the preta path it just released the transformation it didn't annihilate him.

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2016, 07:39:17 PM »

Just because you transform into something via chakra doesn't you become 100% chakra. Naruto transformed into a jutsu (rasenshuriken) and when it was absorbed by the preta path it just released the transformation it didn't annihilate him.

Two different transformations entirely, Hozuki convert their entire bodies into the actual substance in question. A simple transformation technique changes appearance, Gamabunta and Naruto didn't actually become Kurama when fighting Shukaku  (I don't think Preta Path canceled the jutsu either, I believe it was entirely Naruto's intention to transform back at that moment). If their bodies aren't 100% chakra in that transformation, I would like to know what percent is and isn't.

If the Suigetsu vs Kisame fight has anything to say on the matter, they definitely don't turn solid when their chakra is absorbed.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2016, 07:53:41 PM »

It really isn't. You can turn yourself into a shuriken or even a jutsu and behave exactly like that object. Sasuke threw naruto as a demon windmill shuriken and naruto threw himself as a rasenshuriken and it even ground against the preta path exactly like the jutsu does. It says the transformation makes you just like the genuine article and so logically that means you're made of chakra if you turn into a jutsu.

And like I said it's not gonna happen on Sl anyway nobody is gonna buff the rinnegan

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2016, 09:26:11 PM »

It really isn't. You can turn yourself into a shuriken or even a jutsu and behave exactly like that object. Sasuke threw naruto as a demon windmill shuriken and naruto threw himself as a rasenshuriken and it even ground against the preta path exactly like the jutsu does. It says the transformation makes you just like the genuine article and so logically that means you're made of chakra if you turn into a jutsu.

And like I said it's not gonna happen on Sl anyway nobody is gonna buff the rinnegan

I would agree in terms of appearance, but nothing else. Otherwise yes, Gamabunta and Naruto were essentially a clone of Kurama himself. Naruto is biologically a woman when he transforms, Akamaru is a biological clone of Kiba when he transforms, transform your attack into a plant, boom you've got Mokuton. Transform your arm into a steel door, boom you've got Steel Release, and the list goes on about what you can do, but there are limits. In short, you don't gain the actual properties of the transformed thing, unless its actual transformations like Hydrification, Mud Body, or something like Assimilate All Creation.

Buffing it? Has it already been previously established that this isn't possible? I've fought the Hydrification user Sabumaru with this and it made sense to him that I would absorb his person, he simply ended the jutsu whenever I tried it or made it dangerous for me to try by going Sage Mode. Its not an insta omg you're dead now hax times 1000 kill shot, its simple chakra absorption that can be countered or avoided by the opponent however they choose. If people in SL just don't want that to happen regardless, thats fine, I just think its possible within the context of the Naruto-verse  itself given the evidence of what Preta Path can do vs what Hydrification actually is.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 09:28:31 PM by Uchiha Madara »
_________________________________________________________________________________

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2016, 10:55:05 PM »

Transformation is actual transformation. It's ninjutsu not genjutsu. They explicitly take one properties of whatever they transform into otherwise naruto as a rasenshuriken would not spin and fly as a rasenshuriken does. Hey would just be a shuriken shaped lump of meat. Significantly less aerodynamic.

I think the body transformations work similarly. It's not like you're water forever when you use hydrafication you can go back and forth. Like I said using preta path on them would either transform them back or just drain chakra out of their elemental form. Because it's a transformation into water not a creation of water from nothing. The water is made of your body with chakra facilitating the change.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2016, 11:32:51 PM »

Seriously? SO can I transform myself into the Gedo Mazo and behave just like it?

That is like...why do I need any other jutsu but this transformation one?

Question...did Hozuki turn to goo because of chakra absorption, or because he was then too taxed to reform into his physical body after being used up so badly in the fight...because he had chakra drain and then could not reverse the jutsu? I have to question him not being able to be 'physical' without the use of jutsu to sustain him but rather just needing chakra in quantities enough to make a phase change. Meaning, that had he went through chakra absorption while physical he would have just been physical, not turned to goo.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2016, 12:47:09 AM »

There's a jutsu that just makes you as big as the Mazo already so I don't see why not. Your transformation would likely be lacking without knowning the mazo inside and out and you wouldn't just innately know its abilities. It's like a Druid in DND. You might be able to turn into a bear and have all the tools needed to catch a salmon out of a river but as a person you have no knowledge or experience to put those tools to work. you'd probably suck at bear fishing. There also seems to be some sort of half-assed attempt at conservation of mass.

"An advanced form of the Transformation Technique, the Combination Transformation transforms two users into one being and also gains the physical abilities of the transformed entity."

So you could do that and be physically as big and strong as the Mazo but have none of its jutsu.

So like Naruto needed something as big as boss toad to turn into the nine tails, he wouldn't have just been able to have his clone turn into it. But then Kiba and Akamaru can combine into a much bigger creature than either of them, and the Sound 4 can combine into just one person for the purpose of disguise. So there seems to be a bit of leeway to increase or decrease size.

As for the Hozuki thing that actually makes a lot of sense and would explain why the jutsu maintains itself even with Suigetsu passes out.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2016, 01:43:17 AM »

So, I guess absorbing the chakra from them might just goopify them if that's the case. It's a tricky situation, but I don't think that they'd get sucked up >_>

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2016, 08:58:41 PM »

There's a jutsu that just makes you as big as the Mazo already so I don't see why not. Your transformation would likely be lacking without knowning the mazo inside and out and you wouldn't just innately know its abilities. It's like a Druid in DND. You might be able to turn into a bear and have all the tools needed to catch a salmon out of a river but as a person you have no knowledge or experience to put those tools to work. you'd probably suck at bear fishing. There also seems to be some sort of half-assed attempt at conservation of mass.

"An advanced form of the Transformation Technique, the Combination Transformation transforms two users into one being and also gains the physical abilities of the transformed entity."

So you could do that and be physically as big and strong as the Mazo but have none of its jutsu.

So like Naruto needed something as big as boss toad to turn into the nine tails, he wouldn't have just been able to have his clone turn into it. But then Kiba and Akamaru can combine into a much bigger creature than either of them, and the Sound 4 can combine into just one person for the purpose of disguise. So there seems to be a bit of leeway to increase or decrease size.

As for the Hozuki thing that actually makes a lot of sense and would explain why the jutsu maintains itself even with Suigetsu passes out.

I see what you mean, but simply because a jutsu shares a similar nature, doesn't mean the degree is essentially the same. A Rasengan will never be an actual Tailed Beast Bomb no matter how much chakra one puts into it. It can be given devastating amounts of chakra, enough to wipe out a village and you can even throw it, but it doesn't turn it into TBB even though Rasengan was in essence attempting to copy it. Knowing Transformation Technique, doesn't give you Substitute Technique though they are in essence, a transformation. Simply using Transformation to turn into Suigetsu, wouldn't give you Hydrification. Otherwise, Orochimaru wasted years of his life trying to experiment on people and take over their bodies when he could simply transform into Kimimaro or Sasuke and gain their innate abilities.

I think when the wiki says it gives them the physical abilities of the transformed entity, its more of "if you turn into a bird you can fly" not "if you turn into Kurama, you gain the physical strength to flatten mountains and raise tsunamis by a simple swipe of your tail". Looking at the context of when Combination Transformation was used, Gamabunta only wanted to be something with fangs and claws to dig into the enemy (as he had just made a successful cut with his sword and lost it shortly during battle), it gave him things like that.

Just like it doesn't make sense to me that if a top notch fit, Jonin transforms into a little old lady, they lose the strength they once had and if they transform into Tsunade, they suddenly gain strength they never did, otherwise its not Transformation Technique, its Substitute Technique. Just like if you turn as big and strong as the Gedo Mazo, your using Multi-Size Jutsu, not your standard Transformation Technique, or as big and strong as the Mazo and actually being an duplicate of the Mazo, you're using Substitute Technique, not either Multi-Size or Transformation.

Seriously? SO can I transform myself into the Gedo Mazo and behave just like it?

That is like...why do I need any other jutsu but this transformation one?

Question...did Hozuki turn to goo because of chakra absorption, or because he was then too taxed to reform into his physical body after being used up so badly in the fight...because he had chakra drain and then could not reverse the jutsu? I have to question him not being able to be 'physical' without the use of jutsu to sustain him but rather just needing chakra in quantities enough to make a phase change. Meaning, that had he went through chakra absorption while physical he would have just been physical, not turned to goo.

Its possible low chakra is a factor, but I doubt it as far as we know Suigetsu only turned to goo because the force of the Tailed Beast Ball was too much to handle and rendered him unconscious. His  Eboshi jutsu didn't seem like it was straining on him chakra wise or anything, he didn't do much during the fight other than get hit. Though that kinda brings into question the whole "impossible to receive physical damage" aspect of the jutsu, it still seems to be maintained without conscious effort as well. When Kisame absorbed his chakra he was splattered when hit by Samehada and simply reformed, realizing only when Kisame mentioned it that his chakra was absorbed.

So, I guess absorbing the chakra from them might just goopify them if that's the case. It's a tricky situation, but I don't think that they'd get sucked up >_>

Theres no evidence of them "goopifying" when their chakra is absorbed, just when hit with enough force to render them unconscious (which makes no sense how thats possible seeing the water form should stop physical attacks from hurting you). Again, why can't they be? Far more drastic things have happened. Bocc brought up when Naruto transformed into the Rasen-Shuriken and didn't get absorbed as evidence that the Hozuki would just solidify, but I argued above that its a whole different tier of jutsu we're talking about and can't compare them other than just calling them a type of transformation.

What do you guys think? Did Naruto 100% turn into a Rasen-Shuriken and Preta Path's Absorption merely ended the transformation state?

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2016, 02:57:18 AM »

I always thought transformation techniques were a bit confusing. For example, if you kick a ninja and it turns out to be a transformed log, does that mean you were fighting a log the whole time? I know logs are big and heavy and wood and that they're better than bad, they're good. But, I don't think that means they can fight. And transforming into something else doesn't give you its abilities but just allows you to look like something else but still retain your ability until you take action and cause the transformation to be released. But that can be its own topic lol

When Kisame absorbed his chakra he was splattered when hit by Samehada and simply reformed, realizing only when Kisame mentioned it that his chakra was absorbed.
I think this here is the smoking gun. If the problem in question were the case, getting struck by Kisame should have been a death sentence for Suigetsu. Instead, he gets hit, loses some chakra, and then reforms. If chakra absorption worked and literally absorbed the water, then Suigetsu should have been left in pieces and unable to reform because it should have literally absorbed his body. At least, that's how I'm looking at it.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2016, 03:55:11 AM »

Well you know what they say about wood Bec... big shoes. Ayyyyyyyyyyyy.

GooshGoosh

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2016, 05:36:51 AM »

Well you know what they say about wood Bec... big shoes. Ayyyyyyyyyyyy.

Smite.
"This is the way the world ends, not with a whimper but with a bang..."
― T.S. Eliot

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2016, 02:57:10 PM »

I don't know, Bec. Once the transformation occurs you do get the ability to roll down stairs and to be fun for a girl and a boy.

Isn't that gaining the power of log?

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2016, 12:34:39 AM »

:)
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2016, 02:12:17 AM »

I don't know, Bec. Once the transformation occurs you do get the ability to roll down stairs and to be fun for a girl and a boy.

Isn't that gaining the power of log?

Keeps people warm too. :)

I imagine it would just de-transform a Hozuki, to put it really shortly.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 18 queries.