Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Claimed List Brainstorming  (Read 2690 times)

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Claimed List Brainstorming
« on: August 29, 2016, 03:09:18 AM »

This thread will only be about brainstorming. Please keep discussion civil and on topic of JUST the ideas posted. If you want to pose ideas, gripe, or mess around with each other, use http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,9016.0.html <-- That thread. As ideas get posted, I'll update the list. If you want your idea to be featured, please put it in a similar format within this thread or PM it to me :) Let's work together on a solution everyone is happy with.

Possible ideas
1. •Limit claimed weapons and items to one per person.
•This means that some people who have multiples would have to give up an item or two, but they would be able to choose what they want to keep of course.
•The remaining items could then be distributed to those that want them and standard claimed rules can be applied to all items.

2. •Allow multiples of all items on the claimed list.
•But in order to gain an item/summon/etc, the player would have to go through RP in order to get it.
•But in order to keep it official, players would have to contact one of the few game masters whose task it would be to generate the adventure required to get that item.
•This would allow for everyone to be satisfied as well as generation of RP.

3. •Maintain the list as is
•Instead of players claiming inactive items the GMs would "claim" the items. Only the inactive items
•The GMs would then create an event open to multiple people. Anyone interested could join the event and the GM would award someone with the item.

4. •A modification of the last rule, or better yet, an elaboration of the rule so it can cater to special village/group items. Like if an item is tied to a group ICly.
• those who potentially want it should go through the same IC means to claim it.
• or if the wielder of said item becomes inactive, it is the responsibility of the leader of the group/village to seek a new owner for it.
• if the leader fails to find a replacement for owner, said item would be handed over to the next active person inside the village, etc.

5. Eric's Idea - http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,9020.msg231173.html#msg231173
• Make two lists
• One list for canon items and one for custom items
• Each list has their own rules
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 05:28:24 AM by Becquerel »
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Kite

• View Profile
Re: Claimed List Brainstorming
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 06:34:54 AM »

My idea would be along the lines of:
-Maintain the list as is
-Instead of players claiming inactive items the GMs would "claim" the items. Only the inactive items
-The GMs would then create an event open to multiple people. Anyone interested could join the event and the GM would award someone with the item.

GooshGoosh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 09:30:50 PM »

-Maintain the list as is
-Instead of players claiming inactive items the GMs would "claim" the items. Only the inactive items
-The GMs would then create an event open to multiple people. Anyone interested could join the event and the GM would award someone with the item.

I second this idea.

If this was not accepted and the multiple tool option is explored I would like to see a maximum of two; each being on a list designated for the zone fighting sect, and the other for the village Rp group.
"This is the way the world ends, not with a whimper but with a bang..."
― T.S. Eliot

Suishou Koji

• Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 12:33:22 AM »

I have been waiting to see what you guys have to say on the claimed list and post your ideas on how to change it before I presented Yomi and my idea.

A modification of the last rule, or better yet, an elaboration of the rule so it can cater to special village/group items. Like if an item is tied to a group ICly.
- those who potentially want it should go through the same IC means to claim it.
- or if the wielder of said item becomes inactive, it is the responsibility of the leader of the group/village to seek a new owner for it.
- if the leader fails to find a replacement for owner, said item would be handed over to the next active person inside the village, etc.

Like said, it would be a modification to the last rule on the claimed list. Please tell me what you think. Should it be implemented? If not, give a valid reason and maybe something to replace it with.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 12:51:54 AM »

I have been waiting to see what you guys have to say on the claimed list and post your ideas on how to change it before I presented Yomi and my idea.

A modification of the last rule, or better yet, an elaboration of the rule so it can cater to special village/group items. Like if an item is tied to a group ICly.
- those who potentially want it should go through the same IC means to claim it.
- or if the wielder of said item becomes inactive, it is the responsibility of the leader of the group/village to seek a new owner for it.
- if the leader fails to find a replacement for owner, said item would be handed over to the next active person inside the village, etc.

Like said, it would be a modification to the last rule on the claimed list. Please tell me what you think. Should it be implemented? If not, give a valid reason and maybe something to replace it with.

I think that's an objectively terrible idea.

You just want to make it a rule that it's impossible to lose an item OOC.

Thats a step backward and just means you go inactive and your friend holds the item for you till you get back and then decide to go inactive again.

It's a rule designed to over turn the current canon item rule and allow inactive people to hoard their items by declaring that they belong to a group or village.

Nearly every canon item could have a connection drawn to one village or another so that would completely defeat the point of having a inactivty rule.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 01:52:08 AM »

-Maintain the list as is

This is the correct decision it is an improvement of what we have already not steps backwards. Though I'd recommend players be able to present inactive items to the gm's attention so they know which need to be taken care of.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 02:03:23 PM »

I've been continuing to update the list. I will refrain from stating my opinions in this topic in order to try to remain as neutral as possible.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2016, 04:31:22 AM »

My idea will sorely sound like something already in place and such, but after some contemplation this is where my head is at regarding this. First, my definition of a few terms I may or may not use alot:

RP Active - The state where a player is posting in a public location and is accessible to interaction with the general public. This does not mean that they are able to be attacked or anything, but it does mean that they are playing the word game. Activity in-game (PvP, Oro kills, forest events, etc.) is not taken into account. Must be engaged in a RP, be it either with self (training) or with others (group streaking at Osa's) in a public location, and the RP having a plot post (a post that advances the plot of the RP, not an OOC declaration) made within the last 30 days from one of the RPers involved.

Game Active - The state where a player logs into their SL account at least once every 3 days and performs at least one gamelog worthy event. This can range from killing Orochimaru to playing in the Kirigakure fountain, but it must be featured in "daily events" to count.

A RP inactive player, therefore, is one that does not fit into the guideline of the RP active category; if the RP you're in hasn't moved for a month's time, then someone needs to be booted or whatever issue wrapped up, as even in SL time that is a century's worth of time spent being in RP lock.

Canon Claims List - A detailed list that describes the location, owner, and abilities of at least one canon item or special jutsu. Although there is one located on narutoprofile wikia, by definition, it can also be located on the Forum, off-site, and in-game. For a Canon Claims List to be more than a personal reference and have the force of "ownership", it must be both in a public location and open to review by other Shinobilegend players. Canon lists that are closed off to the general public except in the case of debates are not counted, and canon items and jutsu cannot be different in any functional way than the canon counterpart. They are unique, and there can only be one owner at any time on any one list.

Custom and Filler Claims list - A detailed list that describes the owner(s), location(s), abilities, creator/originator, history, and inception of custom and filler items and jutsu as they apply to Shinobilegends Lore. In the case of Filler material, they are treated in a fashion similar to custom items in that they may be changed and modified at the discretion of the owners.
     Items and jutsu may have variants that vary from owner to owner. A user has the ability to use the item and/or jutsu, but may not modify it on the List without the permission of an owner or, in the case of no RP active owners, claiming ownership of it for himself or herself. Multiple owners, unless the variant caveat is used, cannot modify the description of the Item or Jutsu on the list without the permission of the other owners.
An originator is the very first person to create and use the technique or item according to the agreed upon SL lore. The list must be public, but are not subject to review by the SL community. Multiple claimants are possible, and the matter of resolving disputes of ownership are handled on an individual, case-by-case basis.

Therefore, of the Canon List there is one and only one Item owner, but of the Filler and Custom lists, there may be multiple owners of multiple copies of an Item. Canon items have been the main debate issues, but rules governing the claims list should recognize the difference in treatment between the two. Custom material is, for all intents and purposes, protected material that the creator came up with and typically is handled at the RPer level anyways, while canon material is directly from the mind of Kishimoto, and thus requires more regulation at the Community level for various reasons.

Now then, for the actual rules themselves:

Rules Governing the Claimed Lists

• The Claimed List is broken into "Canon Claims" and "Custom and Filler Claims" lists. Any material that originates from the narutoverse manga (not the anime) is by default considered canon. Material revealed in the fillers (even the good ones) are put on the "Filler and Custom" list.

• As stated, there can only be one owner of items on the Canon Claims List. That owner is also the user. A history of the item is not required, but is greatly appreciated for in-verse lore reasons. The Custom and Filler Claims list, however, separates owner and user. A creator or originator is by default an owner, but a student or successor might only be considered a user, if the teacher or predecessor is RP active, and thus does not have permission to change any of the core characteristics of the primary material. In other words, a user can use the item or jutsu, but can only modify their own usage of it, and cannot adjust the nature of the original technique unless there is no RP active player.

• The owner of a Canon Claimed Item must be RP active. If they are not RP active, then the name of the owner is struck though (NOT deleted) and the item may be claimed by any other RP active individual. However, should a struck-through previous owner return as RP active, then they may challenge the current owner to a zone battle (OOC) in order to reclaim the item.
     The zone battle must be judged by an individual that both parties can agree upon, and after both establish ground rules, the zone fight begins. The winner (or declared winner) receives the item or jutsu or keeps it. The loser loses the item or keeps it. In the case of jutsu that may have multiple users, then as long as the jutsu's own rules do not forbid it, then the loser may continue to use the jutsu.

• A miniature Canon Claimed List detailing the claimed items in a player's possession should be present in the in-game bio.

• Any disputes involving the Canon Claimed List must either be resolved to where there is only one owner by the disagreeing parties or brought to the forum for public discussion. This is where that history will come in handy, as the player with the most palpable claim as determined by a post-vote of participating community members will be considered the Owner. Once brought to the Public, the disagreeing parties CANNOT decide to self-resolve and ignore a decision made by the Public. This is to encourage disagreements with a chance of self-resolution to be worked out prior to making it a public issue.

• The Filler and Custom Claims List is further divided between users and owners. Owners may modify the parent Claim without consent, unless there are multiple Owners, in which case they must recieve consesnt from the other Owners or create a "Variant". Users can only become Owners if there are no other Owners on the list, or they are "promoted" to Owner by a current Owner.

• A Variant is an alternate version of the Original Custom Technique. It must change at least one major function of the item/jutsu; it cannot just be a differently colored or other aesthetic changed Claim, it must functionally be different.

• A Parent is a prerequisite technique or item from which all of its derived techniques or items originate from. Unlike a Variant, it is a different technique that must use the Parent characteristics in a different fashion (I.E, Gate of Shadows parent ---> Flying Shadow derived, or Chakra Poison Pill ---> Chakra Poison Pill Cloud)  The owner(s) of a Parent technique or Item can add derivatives without consulting other owner(s), but cannot permit a User to use a derived technique without adding them to the list of users for the Parent.

• Although unlikely at this stage of the series, if a Custom and Filler Claim is almost or precisely an exact copy of a new introduced canon item in functionality, appearance, and strength, then said Claim is switched to the Canon Claims List, but all of its history, ownership, etc. is also transferred.

• To remain an owner, a player must be RP active. To remain a user, a player must only be Game Active. If a special jutsu on the Canon Claims list has rules of its own that govern its distribution (Edo Tensei or Hiraishin for example) then those rules supercede the Claims List rules in almost all cases where there is overlap.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 04:34:54 AM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2016, 03:57:25 AM »

I linked your message since it was too long to list in the initial message. But would anyone else like to add anything? I know the forums have been a bit slow lately, probably because people haven't been arguing over things, so I wanted to know if everyone is good with these potential choices and if they would like to work together to decide which one would be the best for going on with the claimed list. Or, if we want to take bits and pieces from them all to come up with one great idea that's okay too. I'd like for community to voice what they think is best. Please don't think your opinion doesn't matter because you're not as vocal as some members. I believe everyone's opinion matters equally, as we are all members of this community.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2016, 04:54:01 AM »

I linked your message since it was too long to list in the initial message...

If you put "make two lists, ones for canon and one for custom, and makes rules for each" that is pretty much a condensed version of what I put.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2016, 07:58:24 PM »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2016, 08:16:19 PM »

I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 17 queries.