Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Author Topic: That dusty ol' Sword of Totsuka (Discussion)  (Read 2071 times)

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
That dusty ol' Sword of Totsuka (Discussion)
« on: August 28, 2016, 11:34:45 PM »

Now I am not trying to pick on Kirigakure or anything, but it came to my attention not too long ago that the Sword of Totuska has used less than when I used to have it in my possession. Mioku has only used it a couple of times since I redistributed it from Kamui, Yata Mirror went elsewhere but that is besides the point. Logically I should be able to claim this item on the grounds that I haven't seen any public use of the item in months or not perhaps years, I should've.

However, after inquiring on the status of the item, I contacted Mioku about it and I was told that Gitsune now has it. The wikipedia was changed to clarify the sudden change of ownership shortly after I was told this revelation from Mioku. All right. I contact Gitsune about claiming the item and telling her that I was going to be active with it unlike the entirety of Kirigakure or the SSM.

Sadly, I cannot do so. Why? Gitsune intends to sit on it much like the rest of Kirigakure does with their stuff and I have to wait until she is inducted as Nanadaime Mizukage before I see any public use of the item. Now keep in mind that there is an event occurring in the village. I will probably never seen this initiation process until some time, which is why I don't think its fair to be sitting on something that you never use publicly. If someone pointed out that I had something that I never used, I would allow them to either add themselves ton the current list or just plain remove me; the absence of my character's name doesn't hurt me emotionally or what-not.

I've been in contact with Kirigakure(Gitsune) and told her that I was going to be bringing this up for discussion. If anyone can provide evidence that clears any of the allegations that I made, then I will gladly drop this case. The only thing I ask of everyone is we keep the passive-aggressive statements to a minimal and try to work this out as professionally as we can. Please no outbursts or trailing off from the subject of the topic. :oops:   

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: That dusty ol' Sword of Totsuka (Discussion)
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 02:00:30 AM »

Dang it you have no idea how excited I was to see this topic.

I also spoke with Mioku about the Totsuka sword recently, since I've been trying to get him to fight me for it for years. He said he was planning to give it to someone else in Kiri soon though he would not say who, which was smart, since I'd have tried to get them assassinated.

Anyway I suggested to him hey, instead of just giving it to someone in Kiri who will maybe use it one time as you have, you could put it up for a grabs in an rp event for anyone who is interested (many I am sure) to have a shot at it. He seemed pretty into the idea and actually said he would talk to YOU, Kamui, about doing that.

So as you can imagine when I saw the topic title and your name I thought he had actually went and pulled the trigger on it, but alas, no.

As for your question no you cannot strip them of it. You do not need to have evidence that you used the item IC, normally, as that is not part of the activity rule. The only reason that happened recently with Kiri was they had the swords claimed by "Sealed" on the claims list, and as there was no one by that name on the site, the swords were up for grabs. They claimed Gitsune was the owner of them during the time in question which is why proof was requested. Under normal circumstances that is not required, the person who owns the item merely has to log on within the period of time. Mioku has been doing that (trust me I've checked).

I'd suggest looking for other avenues of attack in regards to getting the blade, feel free to pm me if  you want to hash out ideas.

GooshGoosh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 02:04:15 AM »

As far as I am aware, the tool has not been used in any observable fashion in a huge amount of time. I was talking with other people about it as well, and they have never seen it used either. Once again, the tools should not be sat on; they need to be presented to the public to add flavor to the role plays and fighting scene. Tobias was just about to start investigating the tools usage as well after I made my comment in the claims list thread. I still called dibs too >.> You bastard. (Jokes, people. Jokes.) 

Though as Bocc said, a strip can't happen. I am also available for collaboration if you so desire. Hit me up on Nanashi. 
"This is the way the world ends, not with a whimper but with a bang..."
― T.S. Eliot

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 09:44:47 PM »

Honestly, I wasn't suggesting a strip of the item in question. I was just pointing out that is some inactivity that comes along with that said item. I've seen the usage of Yata Mirror more than I have with the Totuska Sword, which I am sure some of you have noticed this already and really can't do anything much about it; the loopholes are obvious. That is what this discussion was for originally, the inactivity of a lot of items these days are not just rooted with the Sword of Totsuka and if any collaboration were to occur as what Bocchiere implied, than I was not aware of it until this thread started.

I'll convene with Gitsune about it and see where we progress from there, until then I will keep this topic unlocked and will only lock it if no replies are made to this topic within two days.

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 10:10:49 PM »

Yeah as Gooshy said, I was trying to figure out who was in possession of the Sword of Totsuka. Gitsune is listed as its owner on the claimed list, but I've heard that Mioku is the one who actually had it? I don't know.

I even considered extending a challenge to Gitsune, but I was informed that my challenge would likely be ignored.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 10:20:49 PM »

Yeah as Gooshy said, I was trying to figure out who was in possession of the Sword of Totsuka. Gitsune is listed as its owner on the claimed list, but I've heard that Mioku is the one who actually had it? I don't know.

I even considered extending a challenge to Gitsune, but I was informed that my challenge would likely be ignored.

Well that depends on your definition of likely. Is it likely the sun will rise in the morning?

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 01:21:41 AM »

Well that depends on your definition of likely. Is it likely the sun will rise in the morning?

Oh that's a certainty. I see your point. :)

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 19 queries.