Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: Scavengers  (Read 2409 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Scavengers
« on: September 19, 2016, 04:30:24 AM »

It hasn't even been 10 minutes since I said good bye to Bocchiere after his perma band and already people are making their claims...

here is mine.

I am holding the Gedo Mazo hostage and will not discuss it with anyone until at least October.

Why?

Because I need time to adjust and some respect for the man.

and that is all I have to say about that.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
Re: Scavengers
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 05:25:09 AM »

Claim what you want. I won't stop you from hoarding something that was actually in the process of being distributed to active players.

Needless to say, this won't stop other players from being outraged by the fact that you still hold onto whatever shred of respect that Bocchiere even had and will not work with anyone until this moment of reprieve has passed.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 06:09:00 AM by Camel »

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 06:07:56 AM »

I have made my intentions clear here. And for those who do not wish to respect my need to take a small breather, I have nothing to say.

Kamui, to you I will attempt to clarify my actions so you may not have further concerns...there are people who still do not acknowledge the new status of the Gedo Mazo as being a bijuu. I have taken action to covered up that loop hole and until such time as the feeding frenzy goes on for the 9 bijuu, this one item and myself, shall be taking time to readjust to things as they are now before engaging in the world at large.

I had this huge rp crafted for the Gedo Mazo event. And at such time as the council decides on how to handle it, if it is their will, I will continue THAT event for those who wish to vie for its possession. Altering things to fit the new situation as they occur. Events that have already taken place within the RP are going to affect my characters. And as such, I am protecting the legitimacy of storyline.

I hope this explains my actions better and alleviates whatever anxiety they have caused in the minds of the community at large.

UNTIL THEN:

I hold it in reserve. and protect it from potential hoo-ha that will no doubt spring forth and reserve my right to conclude my rp to permit the evolution of my rp.

Call that hording if you will, but it was not being distributed to the community, it was already Bocchiere's to claim and me his RP partner in the event. Now that he has taken his final bow upon the stage of Shinobi Legends, I shall take time to roll the credits to conclusion.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 07:15:37 AM »

It's kinda disgusting and scavengers is the right word. But I would propose maybe we set up a GM event for the chance to truly scavenge the loot, I doubt anyone would actually want to work to gain what he had. Regardless, I doubt they could use it as well as Bocchi-chan in the first place so them having his stuff won't truly matter.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 07:34:43 AM »

Just enacting a grace period on this one piece of the universe. I need a pause. I have some important family issues that will be occupying my mind and time. I guess you could call it a family emergency. So...being as this here...*waves hands around to the gaming world*...is my fun time, I believe a bit of a breather will not kill anyone in order for it to remain...fun time.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 10:17:27 AM »

I'm not going to challenge Kayenta holding onto it some more. Kayenta did put in the effort to GM the Gedo when nobody else chomped at the bit to do it. Just don't decide who to give it out to by October and give it out to said chosen individual.

"Scavengers" is not really the right word in my opinion; Bocchiere had a lot of RP items pretty pertinent, the biju being the most prominent of them. No need for them to be in RP limbo too long, so of course folks are going to hurry to claim some of the stuff. Need I say anything on hiraishin and Edo Tensei?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2016, 10:54:51 AM »

I'm not going to challenge Kayenta holding onto it some more. Kayenta did put in the effort to GM the Gedo when nobody else chomped at the bit to do it. Just don't decide who to give it out to by October and give it out to said chosen individual.

What happens to the Gedo was discussed at the beginning of the Council thread. The current plan is to wait until 1) The Bijuu are distributed and 2) Kay's family emergencies end. Once those happen, she's going to RP the GM event she had planned for Bocc, but for any and all who wish to participate. It was agreed upon by both the 3 active Council members at the time and her.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 11:11:55 AM »

What happens to the Gedo was discussed at the beginning of the Council thread. The current plan is to wait until 1) The Bijuu are distributed and 2) Kay's family emergencies end. Once those happen, she's going to RP the GM event she had planned for Bocc, but for any and all who wish to participate. It was agreed upon by both the 3 active Council members at the time and her.

Ah, right, did not note the time of the original thread being made. My mistake.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 11:12:17 AM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2016, 08:50:04 PM »

It hasn't even been 10 minutes since I said good bye to Bocchiere after his perma band and already people are making their claims...

Here is a clue to the timeliness of my post. In this instance scavengers is quite appropriate, limbo was hardly a threat.

I feel like this 'event' needs to be a free for all. Despite the perceived difficulties in keeping up.  A little pressure to commit certainly will not hurt anyone. Being that rounds occupy a length of time that is so very finite, I would wave turns in favor of just having everyone post once each round in whatever order is convenient for them with my posts wrapping up events as though they are all occurring at the same instance in time.

I would move each round along once all contestants have posted, or skip the slacker at precisely 7 days from the beginning of the round...to the hour and minute of my last post.

of course, if someone posted a place holder to the thread at like, for instance, five minutes prior to the deadline...this would hold my hand from moving forward and skipping them. Should some crazy thing like that happen. I find it unlikely but there is the safeguard. I too may use the placeholder post to end the round while composing the actual post.

I believe that this not need kick a person from the event. But do expect auto hits to occur if you opt to stay in the match. You get one pass before being CC'd out of the event.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2016, 10:58:50 PM »

I feel like this 'event' needs to be a free for all.
It is. That's the only stipulation I've said about it. The rest, well. I trust you. You'll get it done however you see fit, and I know it'll be done fairly.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2016, 11:29:35 PM »

Here is a clue to the timeliness of my post. In this instance scavengers is quite appropriate, limbo was hardly a threat.

I feel like this 'event' needs to be a free for all. Despite the perceived difficulties in keeping up.  A little pressure to commit certainly will not hurt anyone. Being that rounds occupy a length of time that is so very finite, I would wave turns in favor of just having everyone post once each round in whatever order is convenient for them with my posts wrapping up events as though they are all occurring at the same instance in time.

I would move each round along once all contestants have posted, or skip the slacker at precisely 7 days from the beginning of the round...to the hour and minute of my last post.

of course, if someone posted a place holder to the thread at like, for instance, five minutes prior to the deadline...this would hold my hand from moving forward and skipping them. Should some crazy thing like that happen. I find it unlikely but there is the safeguard. I too may use the placeholder post to end the round while composing the actual post.

I believe that this not need kick a person from the event. But do expect auto hits to occur if you opt to stay in the match. You get one pass before being CC'd out of the event.

I imagine you'll pick up with the rumors of Bocchiere's disappearance attracting people to one of the last places he was last spotted or something? Or maybe start a fresh start and keep the rest of what you had planned but not unveiled yet the same?

Well, whatever the way you intend on doing it, I say thanks for doing it.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2016, 02:01:06 AM »

A free for all brawl for what is essentially another beast? >.>

Oh yeah, I don't see how that could go wrong at all.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2016, 05:39:26 AM »

Consider it an audition. What are you going to do with the Gedo? Have a 1v1 with someone? Please...crawl back under the porch with the pups.

Or maybe you are going to use it in a public event one day?

Well, I say prove you can handle it. You not only have to be a strong warrior to have the Gedo but a damned good GM.

So welcome to the big time.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2016, 03:13:49 PM »

Consider it an audition. What are you going to do with the Gedo? Have a 1v1 with someone? Please...crawl back under the porch with the pups.

Or maybe you are going to use it in a public event one day?

Well, I say prove you can handle it. You not only have to be a strong warrior to have the Gedo but a damned good GM.

So welcome to the big time.

Oh please, don't give me that after you have already done a 1 v 1 for it xD maybe that statement would have some ground if it wasn't hypocritical... Unless that was a special thing that was done solely for Bocchiere... Which may be even worse

Anyway, I'm sure you'll easily be able to decide the winner for such a large scaled battle, yeah? You can't expect a fight where a handful of people are challenging for a beast and want it for themselves to even make sense. "Oh yeah, possibly random person who wants the Mazo like me, let us team up to beat it so only one of us can get it!"

Yeah, right. This is SL.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2016, 03:17:06 AM »

fine.
i'll just let eric handle it.

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 19 queries.