Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: [Bijuu Council] Agenda #3 - All of the things  (Read 17362 times)

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
Re: [Bijuu Council] Agenda #3 - All of the things
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2016, 01:57:27 AM »

Alright....hear me out. No one is going to like this and you can kill me after. It's gonna sound like total madness... probably the worst idea I came up with.

Bijuu tournament? :D

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2016, 02:09:12 AM »

I can't read.

Genesis, Chinote, and Hades. 3/5 members have voted yes to having GMs and challengers rp for bijuu.
Even if the remaining 2 say no they are still outnumbered. Also this is the most popular option for the community.

My list has current stats on it. I've asked a good number of people if they would GM a bijuu. The people who are willing to GM are: Actual GMs, a mod, and a few council members. All worthy to GM such a thing.

The only issue of current is two people want the 9 tailed fox. So how do you deal with that? Just have it be a classic OOC bijuu battle to fight for it?
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2016, 02:12:47 AM »

I was once taught something that I've yet to see proven wrong in the 4 sites I've RP'd on;
Tournaments.
Never.
Work.

But let's assume this one does. What are the rules? How are the prizes given out? We need something that's going to work.

I can't read.

Genesis, Chinote, and Hades. 3/5 members have voted yes to having GMs and challengers rp for bijuu.

Genesis hasn't voted for or against anything, but as you said;

I can't read.

Please refrain from posting in this thread. This is for Council members and those who have valid claims to any of the Bijuu in question. A public thread exists already.

Genesis

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2016, 02:32:31 AM »

I honestly want a unanimous vote since the council members are usually on the same page. If not, we usually get to the same page. I'll wait for the other 2 before we make a choice.

Who are the other 2 again? xD

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2016, 02:38:41 AM »

Eric and Silver.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2016, 02:47:43 AM »

"This is for Council members and those who have valid claims to any of the Bijuu in question."

Madara and Athos as far as Bocc told me were not in line to fight him. They never issued a challenge to him. So currently there are no valid claims.

I wrote a lot more, but here since it's pertinent to the topic.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2016, 02:54:12 AM »

I said they were the first to post on the subject, challenging the Council before the session began, thus there is a possibility their challenges may take precedence. Not that they have pending challenges with Bocc.
It has yet to be determined by the Council if those challenges are to be honored or not.

Genesis

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2016, 05:37:09 PM »

I'm not a fan of someone challenging the bijuu council. Props to Athos for beating people to the gun, but the fact he challenged for all 8 since a bit excessive. Maybe a torne is a bad idea, but having a torne structure for distributing the bijuu might be a good idea. Right now I'm throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks. I'll be brainstorming all day.

Also, adding onto the Athos "challenging the council". In the event the precedent is set that the bijuu council can be challenged, that means all the other rules must be applied, in my opinion. That means, since we have recently obtained all the bijuu, that means we have a 2 week grace period. (I think Kay brought this up)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 05:54:54 PM by Genesis »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2016, 06:31:33 PM »

I've thought it over and decided to post in the same topic as the council. Limiting members to speak in a topic of their own seems wrong. We'll sit at the grown ups table and you can all sit at the little kids table. No thanks.

I understand the reason for separation is to keep useless comments from cluttering up the current discussion, but the community members feel they have a right to share their thoughts on the matter and they do. On the same level as the council. Us posting comments does not keep you all from voting. Does it seem like we're trying to swing the vote our way? Yes. That's what people do. Even in real politics.

Like right now Genesis brought up giving the council a two week grace period. You expect me to post in the other topic about something mentioned in this topic? It would be out of context since no posts were made in that topic. Adding new rules like this should be open to all to discuss. Same with the tailed beasts. They concern the community yet you want to banish them to talk amongst themselves.

---------------------------------------

What's the reason for giving the council a two week grace period? The reason for giving hosts a two week period is so they can situate themselves with the beast and not get challenged for it right after they get it.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2016, 06:52:32 PM »

Just my two cents, but as Shadow said it is wrong to eliminate the communities voice on the matter, but on the same hand the final decision still comes down to the Council because that's why it exists. IMO, this topic -- since it's already two pages in -- should be for public use and discussion for Shadow and other non-Council members to voice their opinions. A second topic should be created for the Council members to go over the communities opinions as well as their own and come to a decision. The latter topic would, obviously, only be for Council Members to post in.

As for the Grace Period, you just said it yourself, Shadow: "The reason for giving hosts a two week period is so they can situate themselves with the beast and not get challenged for it right after they get it."

The Council was just handed all the Tailed Beast on SL and, before they can even discuss it, people are challenging them for them. Just like any player, they should be able to 'situate' themselves and decide how they're going to go about doing things before a bunch of people challenge them for the beasts.

Edit: Apparently, that other thread has already been made:

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,9041.0.html
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 07:06:25 PM by Nathan »

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2016, 07:17:15 PM »

Shadow....you may make a thread in the council rules section to discuss changes to how the council works and then after the discussion has run its course, make a vote thread to get something implemented...This thread is supposed to be for the council members to discuss what they are going to do with the bijuu. These threads usually take on a title as such:

topic [discussion]
topic [vote]

over here: http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/board,57.0.html

However, if you are going to make a discussion thread for the community to create guidelines for how the council works, then leave it unlocked.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2016, 07:27:32 PM »

However, if you are going to make a discussion thread for the community to create guidelines for how the council works, then leave it unlocked.

It's not a thread for discussion? It's just my opinion that some sort of template should be used. They can ignore it and I'm not trying to get that implemented. At least I think you're talking about that template thread.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2016, 07:31:39 PM »

As for the Grace Period, you just said it yourself, Shadow: "The reason for giving hosts a two week period is so they can situate themselves with the beast and not get challenged for it right after they get it."

The Council was just handed all the Tailed Beast on SL and, before they can even discuss it, people are challenging them for them. Just like any player, they should be able to 'situate' themselves and decide how they're going to go about doing things before a bunch of people challenge them for the beasts.

I'll give it a few days unless something else occurs before posting anymore. Right now it seems Hades and Chinote are for the proposed plan. Genesis is maybe for it too, but waiting for some reason to vote. Eric and Moonfire have yet to get on SL.

The reason I don't like the idea of a grace period is because it usually takes one week to even decide what to do. Even though currently they have majority rule to go ahead and do the plan. 3/5 (counting that Genesis does vote yes) They're still waiting on the others. Which is fine it's only been barely 2 days. I'm in no rush as long as it's under a week.

Genesis

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2016, 08:12:38 PM »

Shadow, we're just getting situated with the situation, and I'm not gonna vote when I get the situation straight.

Also, if you remember the last time we had a council, we opened the floor to everyone and closed it when all points were made. No one is gonna get screwed, that's the whole reason why the council was made. We have some faith in us lol

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2016, 12:55:30 AM »

I don't even care anymore who posts in here. Last time non-Council members continued to post after being told not to there was staff intervention, but the only staff communication I've gotten in the last 24 hours is "The Council doing good, but I'm giving you the axe."

I just want to get through this issue and move on already.

I agree with both sides of the 'grace period' debate. There's no real rule for it. At the same time, we should be allowed to reach a decision on what's to happen to the Bijuu before the community eats our heads. Should my plan be implemented, our grace period will end the moment the gavel sounds to close this agenda.

Until then, we wait for Silver and Eric. If they don't vote by Monday, then it's a 3 person Council and what the three of us decide is what's going to happen.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 19 queries.