Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Future Council Structure [Discussion]  (Read 9641 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Future Council Structure [Discussion]
« on: September 21, 2016, 03:16:00 AM »

So as per Trev's suggestion, here is a thread to discuss offical judges.

And as per Ace's suggestion, I think having it associated with the council would be a cool thing to do.

this would give a bit of official status to the group of judges, a bit of a stamp of approval, if you will, that these judges will judge a match based on the rules defined in the bijuu section and those of standard rp practice. that these are a collection of people knowledgeable about Naruto and RP battle. But also, if they were made a minor part of the council, a sub section...what was the word Ace used...a lower chamber with a defined set of responsibilities...then there would be a set standard of duties and competence that is expected. to unify the judging of matches for everyone.

So...does this seem like something people would support? Perhaps if so, people could post a volunteer post with qualifications...brag yourself up some. as well as nominating people who we think would make good official judges for matches.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 04:28:34 AM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Ace

• View Profile
Re: Judges
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 03:38:34 AM »

Speaking frank, we don't even need to do that.
I have spoken to so many members, and some council members. Most were highly receptive of simply improving the Council itself, not the members.

One or two were simply not receptive, and I know the reason why. It's disappointing, but life goes on.

I would simply advocate for improving the current Council. Those are the discussions that may possibly should be had. Why? Because I and 99.99% who have messaged me think  there is room for improvement. People should discuss where the current problems are, and the solutions to fix those problems-- in my opinion. ;)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 03:40:52 AM »

Council fix after the bijuu issue is dealt with, yes?
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 03:44:38 AM »

Council fix after the bijuu issue is dealt with, yes?

Oh, I think so. Best to let the dust settle a bit.
Let's hope though it happens soon-- history have proven otherwise, but hope is always alive. ^^

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 03:51:43 AM »

People should discuss where the current problems are, and the solutions to fix those problems-- in my opinion.

The only problem I see is with expectations. The Council was formed to mediate Bijuu arguments and provide fast, fair rulings that others were to adhere to. It has very little structure, no rules, and no set responsibilities. Some, like you, have expressed your disappointment that we don't do more. That we don't create rules, only judge based on the rules in play. Other, such as Shadow and Bocc have been more than open with their desire to not see the Council create rules where none exist. It's a "damned if we do, damned if we don't." If we were instructed from the get-go that between cases we are to do this or that, then maybe things would have happened your way. Instead, all we got was "We need a Council. We don't know what it's going to do, and we can't decide on rules for it, but here it is, we just voted you in as members. Please do your jobs."

That's my 2 cents, I'm out.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 04:00:49 AM »

Ok. a thread for council fixing. my apologies for not having it outlined better. I failed in my duties as one of the members who participated in creating the bijuu rules and the rules for the council.

I know this created much stress on the council members and made some feel as though their job duties were not defined at all.

Well, because, they were not. The council was unfinished and has been crippling along without a set of duties and guidelines from which to act.

But again, the past is over. We can improve the future.

So...

Who would make good judges of matches?

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 04:15:23 AM »

Hey, I'm all for all that stuff, but lets deal with what's in front of us.

We want the community to elect a panel of judges for the great distribution...so if y'all can make a thread on the main forum, that would be dope. Or I can do it, I don't care. Or if Ace wants to handle that, I'm cool with it.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 04:16:49 AM by Genesis »

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 04:16:03 AM »

I have shared numerous compliments of the Council Members, the discussion is about both the Council Members and the *Council* itself. You must not take that aspect personally. Again, two distinct features that some of us want to address. The significant issue is not the members occupying the council, it is the council itself (i.e. the structure, passive-aggressive posts and result, etc.). The goal is to have everyone working towards solutions.

That can only be done, if *once* acceptance of the fact that improvements can be made is acknowledged.. If a person has not said it once, or even believes that, everyone is truly wasting their time with endless discussions. Let's be real with ourselves now. :/

Ok. a thread for council fixing. my apologies for not having it outlined better. I failed in my duties as one of the members who participated in creating the bijuu rules and the rules for the council.

I know this created much stress on the council members and made some feel as though their job duties were not defined at all.

Well, because, they were not. The council was unfinished and has been crippling along without a set of duties and guidelines from which to act.

But again, the past is over. We can improve the future.

So...

Who would make good judges of matches?

Kay, you  and numerous others volunteered your time and spent countless hours at that. Thank you for being humble actually. We all make mistakes, but it gets quite tiresome when no suggestions are made, but only complaining. I look in the mirror and accept mistakes I've made, or short-comings I have as well. ^^

But, first part is acceptance. If someone doesn't care, well...please, stay out of it then. =)

My previous posts did show that I stayed out of the specific council process that we have now. Why? Because there was no structure, and people wanted to quickly move forward. Read my posts...repeating myself becomes such a bore-- trust me. ;)

On another note, I do think you have made excellent points Chinote! As a Council Member, do you have suggestions to help all to move forward? You have pointed out some of the issues, to which I agree with.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 04:17:53 AM »

This is a topic about picking judges. >>

Maybe a GM or two will want to be one? Keito and Bec?
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 04:19:42 AM »

Isn't Keito going for the three tails or something (according to your list)?

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Re: Judges [Future Discussion]
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 04:22:46 AM »

He's willing to GM the 3 tails

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2016, 04:22:59 AM »

After speaking with Kay, I think this topic was meant for a larger picture.
I hope she changes the topic name, if she can. <_<;
Or if I am mistaken, well...I'm done. xD

And judges for what? The members haven't even accepted the proposal of grouping judges together or not. I think we are running again, before walking. *senses future problems* Surprise surprise! :P

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: Future Council Structure [Discussion]
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2016, 04:29:09 AM »

Ok...du-hyuck!

Let's talk about a future structure for the council. From the top!

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2016, 04:39:02 AM »

I'm so glad I copied this. I really don't feel like typing it again.

Honestly, you (Ace) kept saying "The council doesn't do it's job" while I said "We did the job we were given." I'm not saying the Council isn't flawed, that it doesn't need to be reworked, or that we couldn't have done more. All I've been saying is that we did the best with what we were given, which was as close to nothing as we can get. But let's not just keep doing that song and dance.

Do it over. Instead of just making a Council and letting loose, give it defined roles, responsibilities, and rules. Just saying "Oh, we're electing you to be a Council." can't cut it. There's always going to be stuff that no sees coming that we can't plan for, but to at least have a clear job description and rules for things like activity, seeking cases vs having to have them brought, making rules, etc.

If there's already a thread made, please move this there instead of continuing to clutter this one.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2016, 04:40:50 AM »

No thank you. The last time I had to judge a fight was really just a terrible experience for me. I don't think I'm fit to judge fights like the ones we've previously had for the bijuu, they're way to crazy for me lol Maybe if things were different, I'd be willing to do it.

But, I am willing to try out for a bijuu <_< I had fun when I was the 10 tailed host back before the whole SLS thingy happened.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 04:44:33 AM by Teostra »

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 17 queries.