Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: Summon Questions!!  (Read 1796 times)

Iburi Ray

• View Profile
Summon Questions!!
« on: September 23, 2016, 02:43:07 AM »

So I have a two questions.
1) How many summons can one person actually have?
2) Is there summons that are legit and total crap ie: summoning a snake compared to summoning a beast from a fantastical world like a Buddhist god/demon?
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
Re: Summon Questions!!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 02:58:39 AM »

I'm feeling some heat here. xD Did it have to be Buddhist?

1) I think there was a thing that said you can only have 1 or maybe 2, who gives a rip.
2) As long as whoever you are Rp'ing with it accepts it, there are technically no limits to how crazy you can go. We Uzumaki have Death Knights and the Shinigami. Suna has them Sand worms.

Don't you already summon dinosaurs? In a universe relatively devoid of science (Yes I know Boruto introduced some advances) summoning a species extinct by several million years to fight at your side is quite 'fantastical', which is to say, I think you've already answered your own question.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Iburi Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 03:03:30 AM »

Good point on the dinosaur part, and no it was the first thing I thought up of. I respect all religions, and considered possibly converting to Buddhism but that is a different story XD

I figured it may be up to the person in general but I also don't wanna try and use a summon NOBODY would wanna rp with. Cause I was considering forming a contract with the Leviathan mentioned in literature. Biblical or Fantastical.
But I think a limit should be established, because someone could technically, with no limits in place, could summon twenty different things.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 03:04:32 AM by Iburi Ray »

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 03:07:56 AM »

To be fair, a lot of stuff on this site is not really 'true to canon'. We've kind of just created our own canons as a whole. And, as it is right now, there's a chain of islands full of dinosaurs and prehistoric creatures! :)

1) I think the rule is that you can only be contract holder of a max of two summons, but I don't think there's any limit to how many contracts you can sign.

2) I agree with Riku. As long as you and the people you're RPing with think it's acceptable, then anything should be fine. If you are fine with me summoning sentient mushrooms, then why not summon them?
I think the issue just comes from people summoning things that are supposed to be super god+++ saiyan things. Basically, summoning something that's much, much more powerful than you are. Or if you are summoning something like that, then you should be at risk too because why would something like that obey you? lol
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Iburi Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 03:11:08 AM »

True. I mean I saw someone summon Zapdos as in the pokemon and thought it was quite cool and yet would it be taken serious?

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 03:14:30 AM »

I used to summon funky jellyfish back in the day >_> I might just bring that back.

As long as you don't do something crazy, it should be fine. Basically, if you wanna be super powered, you gotta walk a fine line between god mode and pic related

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 03:42:56 AM »

True. I mean I saw someone summon Zapdos as in the pokemon and thought it was quite cool and yet would it be taken serious?

We as RP characters have no point of reference when it comes to stuff like that, so if you stayed true to the IC nature that this site provides, as far as Iburi Ray would know, it's just a big yellow bird that shoots lightning, nothing legendary about it in our history books.

And to use him as an example, if the bird could shoot lightning at the same speed as natural lightning, and just spam that because it's some god of the element, then it'd likely not be accepted.

I used to summon funky jellyfish back in the day >_> I might just bring that back.

As long as you don't do something crazy, it should be fine. Basically, if you wanna be super powered, you gotta walk a fine line between god mode and pic related

Basically what he said. ^
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 02:03:07 PM »

I am not currently aware of a hard cap on the number of summons. The kind of summon, particular if custom, falls under the same concept as many custom jutsu: is it "fair" in that excessive power has drawbacks, has it seen some history of buildup, does it have Naruto-esque connections, and how does the beast work in practice when the summoner uses it.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

GooshGoosh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 12:54:44 AM »

I used the name and likeness for Zapdos, but his standing in Naruto is not really legendary. He uses lighting, and can fuse with me like Samehada. That's really it.

Nothing I can add that hasn't already been said. Go ham friend.
"This is the way the world ends, not with a whimper but with a bang..."
― T.S. Eliot

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.