Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: People are getting stupid (Wikia talk)  (Read 5489 times)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
People are getting stupid (Wikia talk)
« on: September 27, 2016, 09:45:29 PM »

I've been watching the Naruto Profile added pages for the last month or two now and it's stupid. Plain and simple. You guys are adding DBZ, Fairy Tail, Sailor Moon and so on type stuff. That's all fine to you yet when someone claims they're a vampire or something you laugh at them. Talk about hypocrisy.

But seriously you guys are getting ridiculous. Adding guns, armor from the Marvel universe, and then OP as hell techniques. I'm not sure what's going on here.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
Re: People are getting stupid (Wikia talk)
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 10:21:19 PM »

Quote from: Shadow
I'm not sure what's going on here.

That's Shinobi Legends for you. I mean sure, the hypocrisy is there but you have to admit that it's really a double-standard considering that you, me and every other powerhouse on this site has some sort of technique that is considered OP. Takemikazuchi is one prime example, since there is no description stating a weakness nor strengths; just a brief description of what the technique does.

When I create techniques, I at least try to give it a form of weakness, otherwise I would be just like you; shaking my head every time a new ridiculous technique is made on the wikipedia.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 10:27:14 PM by Camel »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 10:27:07 PM »

I'm not sure what's going on here.

That's Shinobi Legends for you. I mean sure, the hypocrisy is there but you have to admit that it's really a double-standard considering that you, me and every other powerhouse on this site has some sort of technique that is considered OP. Takemikazuchi is one prime example, since there is no description stating a weakness nor strengths; just a brief description of the technique does.

When I create techniques, I at least try to give it a form of weakness, otherwise I would be just like you; shaking my head every time a new ridiculous technique is made on the wikipedia.

And all these new techs don't really have a weakness stated. Cause with how OP they are.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 10:46:21 PM »

Many of the players receive inspiration from somewhere. Even I'm guilty of doing it. But, I believe in the end, it falls back on the player controlling that character. I mentioned it before in the chakra topic, so I'll mention it again
Basically, YOU should judge how strong your character should be based on the situation at hand. Self-regulation.
For example, Becquerel is actually really OP if I sit back and think about it (though, not as OP as some players). But, I know this and try to do my best to not let that power get in the way of me playing with other people. Because playing with others is the whole reason I'm here anyway.

But, yes, I agree with you that some techniques and people are just stupidly powerful. To put an example out there, that Deadzone Creation ability that was just added to the wiki made me scratch my head and wonder just why someone would do that.

I'm guessing as competition gets more and more silly, if you want to stay competitive, you have to get just as silly.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 10:58:32 PM »

There needs to be a limit though. At what point is the limit on what we can accept?

I like keeping everything based in Naruto. Sure having some things a little outside of the Naruverse is fine. Also those things created within the Naruverse are sometimes too much. Reason we (Bocc mostly) went and banned most things past chapter 600.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 11:06:52 PM »

And all these new techs don't really have a weakness stated. Cause with how OP they are.

Some don't, some do.

Ridiculous as it is, I don't think we should implement restrictions to what and what cannot be created. I mean as long as I don't see moves from Beerus on the wikipedia or someone claiming all five pieces of Exodia, we are good.

Funny thing is these "banned techniques" are still used by small player base on here, so like I said before restriction isn't going to really cut it here, when you already have users of Hamura's Chakras, Six Path Yin Chakras, Tenseigan, and etc.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 11:12:35 PM »

I know we can't stop it. But when it comes to mainstream rp can we limit it?

If people use them in a group rp or something of that nature I don't mind one bit.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 11:26:00 PM »

What classifies as "mainstream RP"? And isn't all RP group RP unless you're literally posting something all by yourself for your character's benefits?  <_<

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2016, 11:52:26 PM »

I know we can't stop it. But when it comes to mainstream rp can we limit it?

If people use them in a group rp or something of that nature I don't mind one bit.

Like every other technique, small and large you just don't accept it. Like you said if it's a private rp, nothing to talk about. If it's an IC players match, or village attack, go to a judge. That's it.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 12:05:43 AM »

Once again Trev you're right. Still people need to chill a bit. :/ Stop trying to be Goku/madara

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2016, 12:23:14 AM »

vampire 

Adding guns... and then OP as hell techniques. I'm not sure what's going on here.

Obviously, this is about me >.> I look towards Naruto and connect through any sort of way I can. I say vampire through Kabuto.

The guns are like a kunai launcher, except its hollow and only uses chakra, more specifically natural energy. I'm keeping the speed of the "shots" at the same speed of an arrow, which is pretty fast. Yall allow arrows, and you have no problems with that.

you already have users of Hamura's Chakras, Six Path Yin Chakras, Tenseigan, and etc.

When I first started getting active, I read somewhere that stuff past a certain chapter was banned.

Also those things created within the Naruverse are sometimes too much. Reason we (Bocc mostly) went and banned most things past chapter 600.

Here it goes, yet they're being used.

Deadzone Creation

That is rather simple as its multiple sealing formulas linked together into one. Separately, I'm pretty sure nobody would have a problem with it, but together there's a problem? I understood it perfectly when I read it and didn't have a problem with it, considering it's pretty solid and thoroughly. This isn't coming from anybody that doesn't have any knowledge in Fuinjutsu, this is the product of an Uzumaki Master, peeps known for that skill... it being why they had been canonically wiped out in the first place.

Like every other technique, small and large you just don't accept it. Like you said if it's a private rp, nothing to talk about. If it's an IC players match, or village attack, go to a judge. That's it.

That as well.

I understand this is a Naruto site, but it's also a fanon site. If it can be connected, it should be allowed.

All I have to say, as long as none of us could beat someone like... Superman, nothing is really overpowered. :P I'm not even sure any of us can be Goku... Dust Release probably can, since it disintegrates everything caught inside! Yet, nobody has a problem with this. Scorch Release evaporates every trace of moisture in the vicinity, yet nobody has a problem with that.

Me, as an RPer, I have no problems with anybody else's abilities. Oh, you're an angel? Cool, let me think of a way to clip your wings. Vampire? Awesome, let me keep my blood away from you. Immortal? Shoot, let me try to think of a way to distract you so I can at least seal. Awesome regenerative abilities, same thing. Edo, same thing. Five hearts, turn around so I can stab em... please? We have to use our minds to find the weakness instead of whining about it not being shown. The weakness is the man/woman behind the screen. Each fight is a game of chess and I suck at chess. I can't strategize to save my life. But Jay lives in the ninja world, if he notices something he'll pounce on it.

Attempting to be the best should be embedded in a character's DNA, for a sense of security alone. If you're not, you're going to be killed by somebody else. Everybody should be attempting to be Madara, because we never know when Madara is going to knock on your door and smack your wife on the butt... what are you gonna do? Fight... or let him have your wife? Lmao, best believe I'm gonna fight.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2016, 12:49:59 AM »

I don't want to be part of this debate, but.

I say vampire through Kabuto.

Literally how?

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2016, 01:20:27 AM »

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Kabuto#Physical_Skills

From his extensive study of Orochimaru's various human test subjects, Kabuto alters his body to replicate certain others' trademark skills: he creates a version of Suigetsu Hōzuki's Hydrification Technique to escape capture by liquefying his body; he can reproduce Karin's natural Uzumaki-based rejuvenation to heal injuries he suffers; he can use Jūgo's kekkei genkai to passively absorb natural energy, allowing him to continuously use Sage Mode without assistance.[12] While in Sage Mode, he can make further use of others' abilities through his "DNA" ability, granting him all the skill-sets of whoever he has genetic samples of. He does this with all of the Sound Five, giving him access to abilities such as Kimimaro's accelerated bone production and Kidōmaru's spiderweb-based bindings. By combining this "DNA" with Sakon and Ukon's body merging ability, he can manifest mindless clones of others from his navel snake, such as Orochimaru, whose own snake-like body Kabuto can use very similarly to his own.[23]

Straight from the canon wiki. Through the transfusion of other people's remains or genetic samples, Kabuto gained access to their abilities. Seeing as most of the stuff he put inside of him was blood, seeing as it contains DNA, that's how I explained mine. Seeing as how there's also implications of souls canonically being manipulated in Naruto, and aliens/immortals/demons in SL, I simply made that leap with the abilities I found myself with.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2016, 01:26:06 AM »

No, I get the whole DNA-splicing thing. I just don't get the jump from medical genius/mad scientist to vampire. But whatever. Ya'll keep doing whatever you want.

Yomi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Agony's Embrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2016, 01:47:13 AM »

I have been tracking the new pages and edits that have been done in the wikia and yes, some of the custom techs and lore seem a bit... off and they divert from the usual things in the Narutoverse. Reading them made me question a few things here and there, but I, for one, cannot hold back the users from putting in what they want. But then again, while SL encourages creativity and uniqueness, people should still know when to put the brakes on so we can avoid OP-ness.

I'm not sure what term should be used (pardon me since English isn't my primary language), but maybe a "manual of style" can be followed to make sure things don't go too far (e.g. Techs should be stated with a weakness/limit, details should be clear in explaining certain abilities, etc.). Again, I am not limiting anyone's imagination, but it's just a way to keep things reasonable and workable when it is being used in RP.

I'm a straight up villain.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 19 queries.