Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: People are getting stupid (Wikia talk)  (Read 5492 times)

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
Re: People are getting stupid (Wikia talk)
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2016, 01:49:02 AM »

Hitler-Chan approves~
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 01:53:28 AM by Hitler-Chan »
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2016, 02:00:16 AM »

Hitler-Chan approves~

I'm offended. Ugh.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2016, 02:21:04 AM »

I know Teo doesn't really fit into the Naruto canon, but I have fun RPING with him and his backstory. I hope that the people I played with have fun too, because that's what i try for. I don't want to be a generic uzumaki or Uchiha (which end up being so powerful it's crazy anyway) or just another cookie cutter build.

Then again, the link in my description is how I feel people are sometimes these day. But, if it ain't bothering you, then there shouldn't be any trouble. You can always choose who you play with.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

GooshGoosh

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2016, 03:10:16 AM »

Not everyone can be the most creative writer out there. Just because they are drawing inspiration from other anime does not make the technique any more or less valid so long as they properly convert the technique into Naruto appropriate lore. You also have to understand that if someone is going to try and create something entirely custom, they are going to want it to be on par with the outrageous techniques used by their fellow role players. That in of itself is a difficult feat. 
"This is the way the world ends, not with a whimper but with a bang..."
― T.S. Eliot

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2016, 03:43:33 AM »

I've played with people who weren't very creative and heir stuff didn't make any sense if you compared it to naruto, but I still played with them. We both had fun, so isn't that all that matters?

Iburi Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2016, 06:51:31 AM »

I've played with people who weren't very creative and heir stuff didn't make any sense if you compared it to naruto, but I still played with them. We both had fun, so isn't that all that matters?
That is usually the goal for some and they rp together and when done they look the other way having had fun. Others who take it seriously would like explanation on why the move is so op and why it has no downfall. Take a custom bakuton move I made for example.
I made it based off of a supernova explosion. The explosion radius is not nearly as big or as powerful as a real explosion but could still do some mega damage ie blowing away half a small village with a single punch. Pretty bad ass right? Well in repercussion of that my arm that was used can no longer function for up to 4 turns. Now I took a potentially op move and knocked it down a peg or two by adding a downside or potential weakness to it. It's not about limiting the creative mindset, after all rping is all about being creative, it's about balancing everything.
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2016, 01:43:33 PM »

Its one thing to make OP shit, cause that can always be altered/nerfed or just countered as is with equally OP whatever.

However its another matter altogether when you claim to be able to break common sense just because you're 'good at it', or better yet break logic so hard whatever you're attempting isn't possible even on a conceptual level.

Nevermind stuff like Bocchi's infinite corridor, I've legit seen several people do jutsus etc. that would nullify themselves out of existence, or weapons/tools that indiscriminately destroy the very thing they're made of ._.

Iburi Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2016, 02:06:02 PM »

I've legit seen several people do jutsus etc. that would nullify themselves out of existence, or weapons/tools that indiscriminately destroy the very thing they're made of ._.
Lol what?
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2016, 04:15:50 PM »

Yep, self-contradictions pretty much, because their intended function would just make them self-destruct or never be able to be made to begin with.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2016, 09:55:26 PM »

Yep, self-contradictions pretty much, because their intended function would just make them self-destruct or never be able to be made to begin with.

To grab an example for those of you who don't get this..

Kage has a pendant or something that grants resistance against any ethereal, spiritual, other-worldly or divine powers and effects. The pendant in itself due to granting such resistance would classify itself as a divine effect thus negating itself.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2016, 04:38:57 AM »

Yeah?

Well Warren has a Hollow mask just like Ichigo from Bleach.

I think I have seen enough.

Pot meet Kettle.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2016, 05:22:04 AM »

Oh yeah? Well, Kayenta has orange clothes...Orange is a citrus fruit...And Kayenta hates grapefruit...Grapefruit is also a citrus...Therefore, Kayenta wears grapefruit clothes. Clearly this is something that should be impossible.

Ball's in your court, sis >_>

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2016, 05:44:31 AM »

I Would counter that color blindness occurs more often in men than in women in the red spectrum of colors, dear brother.

Grapefruit come in yellow and blush rose, which people affectionately term red. They do not, however, come in orange...which is the purity of life and perfection. Orange is the fire that burns away the darkness and brings light and it is symbolic of burning away ignorance.

And thus it now will make sense to you why I wear and eat orange, for nothing less is fitting for She Who Doth Cause The Sun to Shine Without Whom All Would Dwell in Darkness.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2016, 05:49:45 AM »

Oh yeah? Well, I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Orange = citrus
Citrus = grapefruit
Therefore, orange = grapefruit

So whatever helps you sleep at night, grapefruit lady =P

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2016, 05:52:29 AM »

I Would counter that color blindness occurs more often in men than in women in the red spectrum of colors, dear brother.

Grapefruit come in yellow and blush rose, which people affectionately term red. They do not, however, come in orange...which is the purity of life and perfection. Orange is the fire that burns away the darkness and brings light and it is symbolic of burning away ignorance.

And thus it now will make sense to you why I wear and eat orange, for nothing less is fitting for She Who Doth Cause The Sun to Shine Without Whom All Would Dwell in Darkness.

Liberal propaganda 😝
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.