Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Are all Kamui Dimensions connected?  (Read 4495 times)

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
Are all Kamui Dimensions connected?
« on: September 30, 2016, 08:24:57 AM »

As the topic asks, are all Kamui Dimensions connected? Or does each individual have their own separate dimension?

Reasons why for either explanation. Andddddddddd.......GO!

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
Re: Are all Kamui Dimensions connected?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 08:37:22 AM »

Kamui's Dimension[1] (神威の時空間, Kamui no Jikūkan, Literally meaning: Kamui's time–space dimension) is an alternate space that was created by Obito Uchiha's Mangekyō Sharingan.[2] Kakashi Hatake's and Obito's Kamui share this same dimension when teleporting objects, due to the fact that each has one of Obito's eyes.[3]

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Kamui%27s_Dimension

Literally no effort.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 08:41:14 AM »

Each set of MS have their own dimension. Not all are connected.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 08:46:26 AM »

Kamui's Dimension[1] (神威の時空間, Kamui no Jikūkan, Literally meaning: Kamui's time–space dimension) is an alternate space that was created by Obito Uchiha's Mangekyō Sharingan.[2] Kakashi Hatake's and Obito's Kamui share this same dimension when teleporting objects, due to the fact that each has one of Obito's eyes.[3]

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Kamui%27s_Dimension

Literally no effort.

So different eyes make different dimensions?

Each set of MS have their own dimension. Not all are connected.

So in order to travel to one another's Kamui Dimension, one would have to synchronize to it first?

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 08:56:07 AM »

As far as I know, yes. Came across the issue when I trapped Ichirou inside mine and he wanted to teleport out of it via FTG or his own kamui.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Hitler-Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 08:58:09 AM »

Yes.
SPOILER ALERT

Theoretically, but when Obito synchronized his Kamui with Kaguya's Dimension it took an immense amount of chakra. Naruto's KCM clone, plus Sakura's Strength of a Hundred Technique reserve, plus obito's chakra achieved the 'bare minimum'. You would die, hard.

Naruto Shippuden: Season 17 Episode 470 – Connecting Thoughts

4 minutes in, if you have premium crunchy.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 09:05:29 AM by Hitler-Chan »

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 09:13:38 AM »

Yes.
SPOILER ALERT

Theoretically, but when Obito synchronized his Kamui with Kaguya's Dimension it took an immense amount of chakra. Naruto's KCM clone, plus Sakura's Strength of a Hundred Technique reserve, plus obito's chakra achieved the 'bare minimum'. You would die, hard.

Naruto Shippuden: Season 17 Episode 470 – Connecting Thoughts

4 minutes in, if you have premium crunchy.

Obito was already severely weakened and dying from having the Jūbi extracted from him by Kaguya. That's why it required so much effort from the other two.

Now, I'm not saying that it wouldn't be a hefty toll on one's chakra, but I suspect that it could be done to synchronize without dying.

Hitler-Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 09:30:37 AM »

Obito was already severely weakened and dying from having the Jūbi extracted from him by Kaguya. That's why it required so much effort from the other two.

Now, I'm not saying that it wouldn't be a hefty toll on one's chakra, but I suspect that it could be done to synchronize without dying.

Pretty sure Naruto healed his whole "Dying to the Juubi extraction thing", with his new Sage powers. How else would one just survive that long after having the 10 tails ripped out of you. :D You can do what you want, but unless you have a tailed beast, I think it's insta-death to try.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 10:27:12 AM »

I'm against the insta-death to sync it up. That's a bit much to claim.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 02:09:12 PM »

Thing is, he said himself Kaguya's dimensions were incredibly far, so naturally that'd have been the primary reason of the massive chakra requirement to get in there.

As for whether they're linked, imo no. If you want to take the wiki literally then sure, every kamui type mangekyo would have its own 'kamui' dimension...but to be frank, the thought of entire bloody dimensions winking in and out of existence as a pair of eyes does is kinda dumb, no offense intended.

This line of thought is further supported mainly by three facts. First off if kamui was some kinda pocket dimension or whatever with the link being your eyes, then while intangibility might in some weird twisted way work, teleporting wouldn't, you'd be able to enter and come out only at the exact same spot, kinda like jumping into your own pant pocket and coming out. You might be gone, but your pants wouldn't be going anywhere, so you'd come back out right where you went in. Obito being able to go in at one point and exit at another kills this possibility.

The other one is the intangibility. Going by the thought of dimensions having tangible 'distance' of some sort between each other, then the fact that kamui intangibility works by temporarily kind of phasing out an overlapped part of you, so enough of it is in 'kamui' not to get hit yet it isn't completely there not to just get torn off your body and kill you...would mean the 'kamui' dimension would have to be close, very close. Otherwise even if you could still somehow phase out a piece without tearing it off the chakra drain would be stupendous, or then the piece would just get torn off and you'd have effectively committed suicide.

Last detail is the aforementioned ability to "synchro" with other space time stuff, such as Kaguya's portal thing. Quite a simple one here; If kamui was just your own pocket dimension or whatever, then the ability to synchro (or make a wormhole at range at that) would make no sense because the ability you have isn't a space-time portal, its just the ability to go in and out of your own pocket. However, if you drop that, leave the dimension just some nameless largely empty barren place closest to the planet naruto happens on....and instead, consider 'kamui' to be the wormhole like technique to bridge the gap between dimensions, then it suddenly starts making an awful lot more of sense.

Ultimately that's just my own, largely logic based opinion though. If ya'll want to keep taking wiki literally and having your own endlessly spawning pockets, then feel free, you do you and I'll do myself.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 07:09:37 PM »

Thing is, he said himself Kaguya's dimensions were incredibly far, so naturally that'd have been the primary reason of the massive chakra requirement to get in there.

As for whether they're linked, imo no. If you want to take the wiki literally then sure, every kamui type mangekyo would have its own 'kamui' dimension...but to be frank, the thought of entire bloody dimensions winking in and out of existence as a pair of eyes does is kinda dumb, no offense intended.

This line of thought is further supported mainly by three facts. First off if kamui was some kinda pocket dimension or whatever with the link being your eyes, then while intangibility might in some weird twisted way work, teleporting wouldn't, you'd be able to enter and come out only at the exact same spot, kinda like jumping into your own pant pocket and coming out. You might be gone, but your pants wouldn't be going anywhere, so you'd come back out right where you went in. Obito being able to go in at one point and exit at another kills this possibility.

The other one is the intangibility. Going by the thought of dimensions having tangible 'distance' of some sort between each other, then the fact that kamui intangibility works by temporarily kind of phasing out an overlapped part of you, so enough of it is in 'kamui' not to get hit yet it isn't completely there not to just get torn off your body and kill you...would mean the 'kamui' dimension would have to be close, very close. Otherwise even if you could still somehow phase out a piece without tearing it off the chakra drain would be stupendous, or then the piece would just get torn off and you'd have effectively committed suicide.

Last detail is the aforementioned ability to "synchro" with other space time stuff, such as Kaguya's portal thing. Quite a simple one here; If kamui was just your own pocket dimension or whatever, then the ability to synchro (or make a wormhole at range at that) would make no sense because the ability you have isn't a space-time portal, its just the ability to go in and out of your own pocket. However, if you drop that, leave the dimension just some nameless largely empty barren place closest to the planet naruto happens on....and instead, consider 'kamui' to be the wormhole like technique to bridge the gap between dimensions, then it suddenly starts making an awful lot more of sense.

Ultimately that's just my own, largely logic based opinion though. If ya'll want to keep taking wiki literally and having your own endlessly spawning pockets, then feel free, you do you and I'll do myself.

Or you can do me and I'll do you~ sounds like a win-win ;p

But really, I don't disagree with your logic, for the most part. There is a lot of abilities that, when delved into, make absolutely no sense logically and Kamui may be in the top five of those abilities. But I also usually don't mix my RP and RL Logic to try and stay fun and lighthearted but sometimes shit happens.

The way that I, and a group of friends of mine, use to talk about Kamui is that everyone has their own dimension, which is why trying to use Kamui to escape Kamui never really made sense. And even if you could, you would only be able to enter your dimension and enter in the other person's >>

But there was only one Kamui user(Two, I know but only one set of eyes) in the cannon world of Naruto o.o So it makes it so much harder to say.

But a question that I've been thinking about is synchronizing Kamui and stuff o.o Like, I've read the manga and I know what it is and how it is used... But here on SL, what does it mean?

For example, when Bocch and Trev fought, Trev used Kamui and Bocch used his own to synchronise with Trev's but obviously the fight didn't get much farther than that. Now using these guys' names...

Does that mean, at any time now, Bocchiere can choose whether he wants to enter Trev's dimension or his own? Or can he now only enter Trev's dimension while losing his own, if only temporarily? And when you sync two Kamui, is there a time limit on how long you can stay synced with someone else's realm or, like, does that person forever have a master key to that other person's realm?
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 08:39:40 PM »

If the databook says the dimension was created by Obito's Mangekyo Sharingan, then there isn't much against that unless the series shows a contradiction otherwise. For each user of Kamui to have their own dimension isn't far fetched considering we're talking about magic ninjas who can bend the fabric of reality to their liking, many things in this series only make sense using their logic lol (transporting a toad across the boundaries of Space-Time simply because we sign a piece of paper in blood makes all the sense in the world).

Reading the chapter when Obito synchronizes Kaguya's dimensions, he did it once by himself and the second time with Sakura's help (no KCM Naruto's help. All Obito said was for both him and Sakura to grab on him while he teleported to Kaguya's dimension) Considering he was weak and the first jump probably took alot of chakra out of him,  it doesn't seem implausible for an Obito at 100% to do multiple jumps before getting too drained.

Using Kamui to escape Kamui is possible (if they are separate dimensions, otherwise the "intangibility" aspect of the jutsu wouldn't work) but the user can still teleport basically anywhere else they wanted. In regards to if the user can gain access to another's Kamui Dimension via Kamui, I don't see why not. I do see there being some compensation for it though, Sasuke's eyes severely weakened when accessing Kaguya's Dimensions.

So I dunno, maybe once you forcefully access someone's dimension, you lose the ability to use Kamui for a certain amount of time? The manga and anime seems to allow permanent access (Obito and Sasuke), but I can just guess the number of problems that will rise from that here.
_________________________________________________________________________________

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2016, 09:00:29 PM »

It annoys me when people use the word fact to mean the same thing as opinion, especially when speaking about theoretical/fantasy issues that have no basis in fact whatsoever. And just so everyone knows... it annoys me when the word theory is used when hypothesis is  the appropriate term. a theory has been tested to death by the scientific community and nothing has been able to disprove it...eventually it is then upgraded to Law.

But whatever...here are my thoughts on the matter.

Think of an elevator being my Kamui ability. Think of a building being the totality of the Universe. Think of the floors in the building as being a specific dimension.

I can get out on any floor, or even between them.

So why is it stupid to think that someone else can do the same thing in a different elevator.

I suppose it would be better to use the Wonkavator...cause of going in every direction rather than just up and down.

Dimensions are infinite. So it is no more dumb to have them winking in and out of existence than to say there is only one dimension that a Kamui can tap into. Actually, why would it wink in and out of existence? my elevator does not create the floor in the building, it merely accesses it. the floor still exists after I go someplace else.

Actually...that is what is dumb. I have numerous people with their own special keys to opening one dimension...or are they instead accessing one of the infinite possible destinations with their one special key? I think it is the latter.

So...can you sync with another's dimension? And are you cut off from your own once you do? Have you changed the shape of your key forever or can you revert it back to its original configuration? That is an interesting quandary, Athos.

I would tend toward making something, like what Madara said...a tax upon the system. I don't like the notion of the personal dimension being so easily circumvented. It is a peak ability and should not just get a hand wave to defeat without some serious drawbacks involved.

Regardless of what proofs...*roflmfao*...proofs....*wipes tears away*...that we can provide here, it needs to make RP sense at the end of the day in a way that does not cripple this peak ability nor make it unbeatable.

I have seen people 'put it away', as the fairy god mother in Cinderella did with her magic wand... Everyone does it. I am going to stick this item in my pocket dimension, like a great big shopping bag that is carried around when going bargain hunting. Now how screwed up would it be if it was just one great big shopping bag that anyone could stick their hand into?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 09:07:55 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Hitler-Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2016, 09:01:00 PM »

This application of Kamui is so rarely going to become relevant, as most people know not to jump into your Kamui dimension mid fight, since I thought it counted as a retreat resulting in forfeit, aside from that, the amount of shenanigans that could happen as a result of it being allowed at all is astronomical. For instance:

Guy A ports in to ANY LOCATION that isn't a 2x2 box.
Guy B smells this.
Guy B proceeds to sync his Kamui to Guy A's.
Guy B leaves a sealing of some sort, be it explosion, or whatever, inside Guy A's dimension.
Guy A dies, and in the afterlife is summoned by a Gypsy hired by Guy B to answer a simple question.
"How that dick taste?"

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2016, 09:43:12 PM »

However Madara, due to Obito being only kamui person in canon at least so far we don't know if it'd repeat with others, or go otherwise. Plus well, we already don't follow canon to 100% anyway.

Indra and Ashura either didn't exist or didn't reincarnate on SL, thus rinnegan'd be impossible to get, yet they're plentiful since we changed that to just needing uchiha and senju material instead. Just the same sages are rampant despite how high lethality rate attempting even an incomplete version of mode is, and a rinnegan holder can't be a sage despite that being shown to be possible too. Just to name a few of the more major differing points.

With that said, considering there's logic behind the possibility it could work (arguably better at that) otherwise than just Obito's way too, there's no reason to prevent people from doing so if they so desire.

And since I know 'but competitive stuff' is gonna come up, simple really. If either or both parties have kamui, just have them agree beforehand if they want their own unique pockets or a shared dimension before the fight. If they can't agree on one or the other, have an impartial third party/judge flip a coin to see which they'll go with.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 17 queries.