Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Sage Mode  (Read 6682 times)

Miyamoto Omoikane

• View Profile
Sage Mode
« on: October 04, 2016, 07:45:30 PM »

I'm not sure if this topic has been discussed before but here's what i must say. Entering sage mode in one turn shouldn't be allowed at all. I'm not a fan in the least. Even in the most recent Naruto vs Sasuke fight, Naruto needed time to enter into sage mode. Jiraiya needed time to enter sage mode during his fight with Pain.

I mean really, everyone is a perfect sage? everyone? everyone has mastered the skill so completely that they can go into sage mode in one turn and cast ninjutsu in that same turn. Is that where we're at? I wonder how this became a thing. Must we be so unrestrained? Must we allow our standards of reason and decorum to be left by the wayside? smh. :|
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 07:46:56 PM by Miyamoto Omoikane »

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
Re: Sage Mode
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 08:03:18 PM »

Just follow my simple philosophy and never again will you have issue with this. :) Cheers~

They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 10:36:12 PM »

I actually agree with Ume on this despite having a broken sage mode account. It's dumb that in one turn you can enter perfect sage mode and then stay in it all day long. Even Deva path has cooldowns.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Hitler-Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 11:20:38 PM »

I actually agree with Ume on this despite having a broken sage mode account. It's dumb that in one turn you can enter perfect sage mode and then stay in it all day long. Even Deva path has cooldowns.

Aww, your control of gravity can't be used every turn ;_;

It's a good thing you also have 5 other powers without cooldown that can be used simultaneously.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 11:51:47 PM »

It's a good thing you also have 5 other powers without cooldown that can be used simultaneously.

Don't make me eat you.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Hitler-Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 12:09:02 AM »

Don't make me eat you.

What a tease~

Miyamoto Omoikane

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 12:48:24 AM »

So let's not have that be a thing. We need to reign in Sage Mode. We need consensus. If someone disagrees please explain why.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2016, 01:13:00 AM »

Whoops. Wrong topic >_> Disregard.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 01:16:09 AM by Teostra »

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2016, 01:16:17 AM »

You could always try out the Otogakure Synthetic Sage Mode. Allows you to enter sage mode in one turn, gets you buffs similar to sage mode, and looks cool too. Sure, there's some things it can't do, but it still works well ;)
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2016, 01:20:08 AM »

I disagree. Unlike Rinnegan which gives you a whole host of abilities, Sage Mode just enhances what you already have. A cooldown for Rinnegan moves is understandable, Sage Mode doesn't give you the ability control one of the fundamental forces of the universe. Aside from that, of course we know the manga and anime have shown Sage users becoming adept enough to enter almost instantaneously (Naruto, Hashirama, Minato). So I think the more important question is why not?

_________________________________________________________________________________

Hitler-Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2016, 01:24:26 AM »

I disagree. Unlike Rinnegan which gives you a whole host of abilities, Sage Mode just enhances what you already have. A cooldown for Rinnegan moves is understandable, Sage Mode doesn't give you the ability control one of the fundamental forces of the universe. Aside from that, of course we know the manga and anime have shown Sage users becoming adept enough to enter almost instantaneously (Naruto, Hashirama, Minato). So I think the more important question is why not?

Because we are supposed to have 'honor'. When someone is trying to kill you, or take something you care for, then you come talk about decorum and restraint, then we can have a conversation.

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2016, 02:04:50 AM »

Although I prefer the challenge it presents, I think that having it be a two post minimum requirement would be more reasonable. That way if someone has clones stashed somewhere that have been gathering natural energy, they can summon the clones, then enter sage mode next turn.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2016, 02:39:49 AM »

People are complaining about Rinnegan like it's more powerful than Sage Mode, but it's not. Most people only accept the base Rinnegan powers. Since we banned most of the BS Rinnegan gives you in later chapters years ago. (Was a whole topic)

Sage Mode however hasn't been nerfed in the slightest. It gives an enormous power boost to everything. Jutsu, taijutsu, anything without the slightest drawback. Sage Mode was made to combat Rinnegan.

If anything I think there needs to be a talk on how much of a boost Sage Mode gives the user 'cause I've seen it from 2x power to 10x which is just retarded.

Hitler-Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2016, 02:42:16 AM »

People are complaining about Rinnegan like it's more powerful than Sage Mode, but it's not. Most people only accept the base Rinnegan powers. Since we banned most of the BS Rinnegan gives you in later chapters years ago. (Was a whole topic)

Sage Mode however hasn't been nerfed in the slightest. It gives an enormous power boost to everything. Jutsu, taijutsu, anything without the slightest drawback. Sage Mode was made to combat Rinnegan.

If anything I think there needs to be a talk on how much of a boost Sage Mode gives the user 'cause I've seen it from 2x power to 10x which is just retarded.

It's a 3x, anyone who doesn't know this is foolish. >>

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2016, 02:43:04 AM »

It's a 3x, anyone who doesn't know this is foolish. >>

Forgetting you're on SL? >.>

Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 17 queries.