Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: Biju Match Question  (Read 2961 times)

Vail

• View Profile
Biju Match Question
« on: October 08, 2016, 06:51:35 PM »

I'm aware that if you don't post within 7 days of the last post, you forfeit, but do you have to post an actual reply? I ask because although Zera requested a judge ruling, we're nearing the 7 day mark and she has yet to reply to (or read)  any of my messages on the subject.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
Re: Biju Match Question
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 07:45:22 PM »

You MUST physically reply in the thread. Like, literally click reply and post in the thread. Not be active on SL, but actually post in the thread you're fighting in.

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 08:46:14 PM »

So it doesn't necessarily have to be a response to the fight itself, so long as you post in it?

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 09:13:33 PM »

So it doesn't necessarily have to be a response to the fight itself, so long as you post in it?

Well, it depends, honestly. If their seven days is about to be up and they just post 'Hey, I'm here' or some shit, that doesn't count. It needs to be their response to your action, or they lose. Simple as that.

UNLESS! You are talking something over with a judge. If you both are talking to the judge, or even one party(Always ask the judge to make sure the other person isn't lying), then you can't blame the person because talks with the judge are going on. Of course, if these talks FAR exceed the seven day limit, or fourteen, then yeah, it'd be a forfeit. And I'd say if the person takes long than a day, maybe two, after the judge makes a ruling and you are already over the seven day limit, then it is also a forfeit.

Otherwise, no, you have to post an actual response to the fight.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 09:27:09 PM »

What about if she requests a judge and she hasn't been on for us to settle on a judge in the first place, and then she goes over the post limit?

Zera Yuki

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 11:06:49 PM »

This is a super low and dishonorable way of attempting to win a bijū match. Jinchūriki are suppose to be shinobi of the highest caliber and honor.

You literally just messaged me yesterday about your argument instead of stating whom you'd like for a judge.

I already gave my suggestions and am currentky awaiting for you to accept or voice one of uour own. In which case, you have done neither.

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2016, 11:23:51 PM »

I was asking this question out of curiosity. I don't need to resort to underhanded tactics to win a match against you. No offense, but I'm not worried about you that much.

I presented my arguments to you first with the hope of you understanding that my move was legitimate while I looked for a judge.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2016, 01:34:26 AM »

The search for the holy grail continues!

There's Keito, Trev, Bec, and others that probably wouldn't mind judging. Trev for a fact I know couldn't care which of you wins so he's sure to neutral no matter what.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 01:46:24 AM by Madara (Shadow) »
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2016, 02:36:54 AM »

I thought it was supposed to be found before the match even began. I suppose there isn't really a rule in place for a lack of judge agreement between the two parties before starting a match?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2016, 05:20:59 AM »

I thought it was supposed to be found before the match even began. I suppose there isn't really a rule in place for a lack of judge agreement between the two parties before starting a match?

There has never been a rule to where you need to pick a judge before the match starts. Should keep it that way.

I'm sure they'll sort it out. Never been a huge problem.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2016, 08:00:21 PM »

There has never been a rule to where you need to pick a judge before the match starts. Should keep it that way.

I'm sure they'll sort it out. Never been a huge problem.

3] ºDetermine the Details of the Matchº
The host and challenger, and only the host and challenger, must decide if the battle is to the death. They decide if others are permitted to participate [3v3 max] or if the match is 1v1. Will there be exclusions concerning what powers are to be used? Who will be the judge? Is a time limit proposed in which to complete the challenge?

While no longer the case, once upon another time picking the judge was settled before the match began, not once it had begun. Not picking a judge before a match, in my opinion, is silly, since not having someone agreed upon to mediate the match before it starts has led to issues in the past, especially if things got heated between the combatants.

Establishing that there is a judge for the match and who that judge, under the old rules, would have never been expected to be done after the match had begun.

Speaking of the old guidelines, I should probably look to update the stickied thread here in biju arena. Was nice to reference them in this case but at least a link to the current draft of the rules is in order.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2016, 12:37:49 AM »

Yeah I definitely should have settled on a judge before beginning the match. Hindsight is 20/20 as they say. I guess I thought that I would have won without having any issues, but I thought wrong.

It's been nearly 9 days since my last post and she hasn't even been online to agree or disagree to my judge suggestion.

While I understand that I should wait for a judge to be agreed upon and a decision to be made, it doesn't seem fair for me to be at her behest, especially when she doesn't seem to be making an effort to speed this long, nor has she informed me of anything that may prevent her from being active.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2016, 12:50:23 AM »

From what I can see of her accounts, last time she was on was the 8th, 3 days. Also her last post on your fight was the 8th. Where are you getting 9 days from?

Truthfully it shouldn't take you this long to agree on a judge unless one of you two are hellbent on picking someone specific, which in some cases could be seen as sketchy.

There have been suggestions given to look at. So there has to be some issue here. Are one of you trying to pick someone who seems overwhelming biased or has no clue how SL rp works?

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2016, 12:59:01 AM »

From what I can see of her accounts, last time she was on was the 8th, 3 days. Also her last post on your fight was the 8th. Where are you getting 9 days from?

Truthfully it shouldn't take you this long to agree on a judge unless one of you two are hellbent on picking someone specific, which in some cases could be seen as sketchy.

There have been suggestions given to look at. So there has to be some issue here. Are one of you trying to pick someone who seems overwhelming biased or has no clue how SL rp works?

I said my last post, as in the move that is in question, not hers.

We had agreed on Yujo, but Yujo declined, so I suggested Athos. The point is that she hasn't responded to any of my messages.

Zera Yuki

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2016, 07:10:58 AM »

Lock this thread. It is pointless.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 07:11:24 AM by Zera Yuki »

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 19 queries.