Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Alternate accounts and bijuu fights  (Read 9734 times)

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
Re: Alternate accounts and bijuu fights
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2016, 11:57:15 PM »

I have done nothing wrong and I firmly stand by that.

However, because this is such a heated topic and no one is having fun with any of these ideas, I will simply abdicate my claim to the Sanbi and am willingly giving it back to the council so they can do with what they will.

I am not going to sit here and have mud slung at my honor and integrity nor am I selfish enough to keep the beast when the decision is not unanimous by the members of this society.

If I want the beasts, ever, then I will come for them at a later date to the appropriate parties. They are just a RP generating tool in a game. They are not that important to be slandered and mocked.

So again, I reiterate, I deny any wrongdoing but still I relinquish the Sanbi back to the Council.

Good day and lock this damn thread already.

Look. I had a feeling that if I made this thread, one of two things would happen. One, is that someone would relinquish their beast for whatever reason. Two, is that we would get pass this issue and learn from our mistakes, no harm no foul.

No one is slandering anyone. Kayenta is the only one who is calling you a liar, which I previously stated in my posts to not start something. Shame on her for being passionate enough to voice her opinion, but blatantly miss where I said no fighting or slandering; never let emotions get in the way of your opinion. It could've been a mistake on her part, I don't know nor am I going to press the issue with her.

However if you feel that you're not responsible enough for Sanbi, then go ahead a say it rather than give it up due to 'slandering' and 'mocking' from the person who is mocking you. Would help if you point out all of this, rather than tell me to lock the thread.

At this point, I feel that if you gave up Sanbi due to these reason *you* stated. Then I will be under the impression, along with the others is that you were not responsible enough for that said bijuu.

I'll repeat myself for the fourth-fifth time. I am not calling for a strip nor has anyone called for strip on this thread. Athos and Eric suggested that the council tackle the issue, but I want to put all of this behind us and prevent something like this from occurring in the future.

Dato. If you're adamant on giving back the beast, so be it. That decision alone will set us back a week on the whole redistribution process, so you won't have to worry about burdening the weight; the council will have to burden this weight and go through the process of selecting another suitable host.

PS: I was going to lock this thread yesterday, but more commentary was added to the discussion.

PPS: If I sounded like a jerk in my statement, I sincerely apologize in advance for my serious demeanor.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 02:57:01 AM by Camel »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2016, 03:11:45 AM »

I really don't see why Dart is giving back the Sanbi. There's no reason for it.

Rusaku has openly admitted to having an alt in while Dart affirms Zera not being him. We can't prove otherwise so at the base are we really going with 'Guilty until proven innocent'? Thought it was the other way around. Dart is innocent. Even if he is lying it doesn't seem like anyone cares.

I still talk to Bocc and he knew/wanted this to happen. Have everyone be in a big hissy over the bijuu by giving them to the council. Even with him being gone Bocc is still fucking with you. Congrats.

I don't care, Tobias I doubt cares since he hasn't even replied to this topic at all except to +1 my comment about not caring. I'd say it's time to drop it.

To the suggestions made by others:
No.

In the future just IP check everyone. No duplicate IP. And yes I'm suggesting no punishment. "Oh but they broke the rules!" Tobias and I - The two affected DGAF. Move on.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2016, 03:23:02 AM »

It's a well known fact that Rusaku and I are friends (Or the same person depending on where you are standing xD) and even saying this I am so very confused as to why this topic was made and talked about at all if everyone is too afraid of the word punishment to even begin dealing with it's possibility.

Of course I don't want to see my friend punished but this whole thing is becoming a huge waste of time. Imagine the Salem witch hunts done exclusively by Ghandi. That image while hilarious is what I'm seeing here and to keep you all from going insane, make a god damned decision already and let these people rest. If you aren't going to punish anyone, lock it now, otherwise quit the pussyfooting and bring down the hammer.

Let me help you out.

LOCK THREAD

Cause I know you all ;P
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2016, 03:30:52 AM »

Disagree with some here, in fact, I agree with Kay. If it were up to me, I'd strip/ dq them.

Anyway, let the council make a thread and decide, not need for the peanut gallery too. However, I have some suggestions.

1. If the duo are stripped, Athos gets the Kyuubi or fights Madara for it. Dato's foe gets the Sanbi, a chance to fight it, or it gets redistributed with the Mazo.

2. All or nothing policy. If you punish Rus, you have to punish Dato. If you spare Dato, you have to spare Rus.

Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2016, 04:40:41 AM »

Look. I had a feeling that if I made this thread, one of two things would happen. One, is that someone would relinquish their beast for whatever reason. Two, is that we would get pass this issue and learn from our mistakes, no harm no foul...

What?

So let me get this straight. You made this thread to effectively accomplish nothing? To put it into perspective, you bring an issue regarding the alternate rules to the public and did not expect some sort of action to be taken if one or both parties were found to be guilty?

That doesn't make any sense, at least not to me. Let me explain why in brief:

... It had been stated countless times, and asked about then answered, that there were to be no double entries. And yet, here we are, where rules were broken and nothing is going to be done about it >> Not too shocked about that part...

I don't really see much of an uproar over what happened save for you and Kayenta...

Someone missed the fact that neither Kayenta nor I created this topic in the first place, and had the thread not been, we would have neither known or really cared too much about the fights. And I for one, being a member of the Biju Council, do not want a "lack of rule enforcement", our only real job for the time being, to be a predictable pattern. To my understanding, it was our job act on rule violations brought to our attention, regardless of the source. Which brings me to my next comment:

...I still talk to Bocc and he knew/wanted this to happen. Have everyone be in a big hissy over the bijuu by giving them to the council. Even with him being gone Bocc is still fucking with you. Congrats...

In the future just IP check everyone. No duplicate IP. And yes I'm suggesting no punishment. "Oh but they broke the rules!" Tobias and I - The two affected DGAF. Move on.

The main point was that the rule was broken, not the end result, which the opponents not caring upon finding out is a part of.

Oh, and for the record, you are real late on that "Bocc still screwing with yall" bit, since Bocc had his ha-ha the moment the Council decided to actually accept the accursed beasts in the first place and redistribute them. Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not recall you putting that bit of obvious manipulation in its place at all; now that the Council is practically duty-bound to do its job (redistribution was not in the job description) it's all "you played into his hands dummies"?

The way I see it, you should just leave the mic on the podium when you get done with it, as that gesture is just as much a matter of convenience as your position on the issue.

1. If the duo are stripped, Athos gets the Kyuubi or fights Madara for it. Dato's foe gets the Sanbi, a chance to fight it, or it gets redistributed with the Mazo.

Having Athos fight Madara would take a week or two. Just awarding it to him would be easier, but a proper disqualification would put Madara back in the running. x_x
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2016, 04:48:10 AM »

It's a well known fact that Rusaku and I are friends (Or the same person depending on where you are standing xD) and even saying this I am so very confused as to why this topic was made and talked about at all if everyone is too afraid of the word punishment to even begin dealing with it's possibility.

Of course I don't want to see my friend punished but this whole thing is becoming a huge waste of time. Imagine the Salem witch hunts done exclusively by Ghandi. That image while hilarious is what I'm seeing here and to keep you all from going insane, make a god damned decision already and let these people rest. If you aren't going to punish anyone, lock it now, otherwise quit the pussyfooting and bring down the hammer.

Let me help you out.

LOCK THREAD

Cause I know you all ;P

Square up homie, I'm sick of yo shit >.>;
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2016, 05:00:45 AM »

Let me help you out.

LOCK THREAD

Cause I know you all ;P

Square up homie, I'm sick of yo shit >.>;

I wanna watch that fight \(^_^)/

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2016, 05:09:23 AM »

Quote from: Eric
So let me get this straight. You made this thread to effectively accomplish nothing? To put it into perspective, you bring an issue regarding the alternate rules to the public and did not expect some sort of action to be taken if one or both parties were found to be guilty?

Look, this wouldn't have been an issue to begin with had I not coincidentally did the cross-checking of IPs. So the way I look at it, I brought up a potential issue that even eludes the eyes of the so called "council".

The rules state that one bijuu per character, but how would you know that some combatants would be true to their word? For me to get involved just proves that I attempted or at least tried to close up this loophole and let bygones be bygones.

Others don't feel comfortable about it or agree with everyone letting it slide. Some feel that Bocchiere is getting the "last laugh", when I couldn't disagree more. I am not trying to incite a witch hunt or anything, but just pointing out the potential to abuse unless IP cross checking is done like Shadow suggested. Which is something that is out of the council's power, unless you want to discuss how you go about this with either me or another staff member that has this power.

If Dato wants to give up Sanbi, that's his choice. I said that I didn't want a strip or anything, only wanted to put this issue up for discussion. But I guess no one listen to what I said here:
Quote from: No one listens to Camel these days
Now I ask only this, please no flaming or hate-mongering. I simply want a discussion and/or explanation about how this issue can be prevented and also spotted in the future.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 05:13:20 AM by Camel »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2016, 05:23:02 AM »

Look. This wouldn't have been an issue to begin with had I not coincidentally did the cross-checking of IPs. So the way I look at it, I brought up a potential issue that even eludes the eyes of the so called "council".

Yeah, and since you brought it up, it's the Council's job to act on it or at least discuss it, especially if there is sufficient cause to believe that rule violations occurred.

... I am not trying to incite a witch hunt or anything, but just pointing out the potential to abuse unless IP cross checking is done like Shadow suggested...

To my knowledge, here on the forum, Ace and You are the only one who can IP-cross check. Asking you two to scan every fight on the forum, in a situation like this, I feel, is overkill. Similar to the "cheating" bits in every iteration of the biju rules since they got formalized being mostly post-facto. On SL proper, to my knowledge (which is limited, I am not staff over there) there is no way to IP-crosscheck or anything of that sort.

Long paragraph short and with some extra, Kayenta talking about RP styles is another possible way, but again, is not 100% reliable.

Someone like you finding out about this and bringing it up is the only way the Council would be able to act on something like this, especially ince we can't go on witchhunts ourselves last I checked.

If Dato wants to give up Sanbi, that's his choice. I said that I didn't want a strip or anything, only wanted to put this issue up for discussion. But I guess no one listen to what I said...

We read it and, if there are those like me out there, didn't really understand it. Because you can ask about a discussion for preventing/explaining how the issue can be prevented and spotted without ousting certain individuals. Had you not done the latter part, I at least would have taken your "I don't want anything done but talk" bit more to heart.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2016, 05:25:27 AM »

Bocc' is def. getting the last laugh with the constant squabbles that go on over these mythical beasts. IMO, the only one who used an alt that we can confirm is Rusaku and he even withdrew it. He didn't really do anything wrong as it would have been a different thing had he used it to win two beasts. We cannot confirm if Dart is lying or not so we cannot say that he used an alt or not. In the end, it makes the most sense to continue on with the battles as they have been and for no stripping to take place. That will only further serve to complicate things and spark arguments and disagreements. As Camel said, had he or any other Mod chosen to kept quiet then this matter wouldn't have even been public knowledge.

Camel brought it up and he has called for no stripping. He was merely pointing it out so that this can be prevented in the future by the community.

tl;dr: no stirp; discussion only.

Iburi Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2016, 06:41:38 PM »

Lol wow this is getting crazy. I'm on Darts side however. If this wasn't a big deal in the first place, which it wasn't, thenwhy make a thread on it. Dart giving up the Sanbi to avoid being harassed and hated upon since all people from Kiri already are for some reason, does not indicate his ability to actually RP with the beast and handle it. So I don't see how that connects. Also this thread should have been locked years ago >_>
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2016, 06:49:37 PM »

Yeah well, now there is a member vote on the issue. I imagine it will within a few days put this to bed one way or another, as there haven't been too many undecided posting in this particular thread.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2016, 07:12:38 PM »

Yeah well, now there is a member vote on the issue. I imagine it will within a few days put this to bed one way or another, as there haven't been too many undecided posting in this particular thread.

That's what happens when you have an uncompleted roster of council members. No one to complete the tie-breaker, when you have only four members.

Also the only undecided or those are for punishment happen to be you, Chinote, Trev, Kayenta and I think Athos (Not sure on him.)

Everyone else is saying we should let bygones be bygones and move on, but from here on forth we need to watch for IPs that may match with another username. Conflicts in IPs is what brought us here in the first place. (The numbers here outnumber the ones that want punishment. So, yeah. Don't see why it is implied that there is a a lot of undecided votes, when it's only a few that haven't leaned towards punishment or forgiveness.)

I am suggesting what Ace said, and have every member vote by saying their thought in a small post. I know Ace suggested polls, but there option for abuse is out there so it would be best to count each vote individually in the other thread. <- There is a another thread that Eric made specifically for fixing this tie-breaker.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 07:13:50 PM by Camel »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2016, 09:25:44 PM »

That's what happens when you have an uncompleted roster of council members. No one to complete the tie-breaker, when you have only four members.

Also the only undecided or those are for punishment happen to be you, Chinote, Trev, Kayenta and I think Athos (Not sure on him.)

Everyone else is saying we should let bygones be bygones and move on, but from here on forth we need to watch for IPs that may match with another username. Conflicts in IPs is what brought us here in the first place. (The numbers here outnumber the ones that want punishment. So, yeah. Don't see why it is implied that there is a a lot of undecided votes, when it's only a few that haven't leaned towards punishment or forgiveness.)

I am suggesting what Ace said, and have every member vote by saying their thought in a small post. I know Ace suggested polls, but there option for abuse is out there so it would be best to count each vote individually in the other thread. <- There is a another thread that Eric made specifically for fixing this tie-breaker.

The implication was that there were few undecided among those who cared to post, so it was pretty clear where a member vote was going to go. Hence why I added in the overwhelming majority part and only had the poll run for 4 days; this won't take long to resolve, this I am fairly confident on based on what I've read in this thread.

The only ones who can watch for IP's are you and Ace. You guys actually want that job? Do guidelinse for when that kind of checking is necessary need to be made?

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2016, 11:33:40 PM »

You guys actually want that job? Do guidelines for when that kind of checking is necessary need to be made?

Excuse me for the late reply, had a part on my computer that I had to replaced but I am back to being active again until something else happens.

If it becomes necessary, me or Ace will be here to do any sort of checking in order to validate that no rules or if any rules were broken.

Question is, are you fine with either me or Ace actually using our powers when council requests information that cannot be normally acquired through social interaction?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 20 queries.