Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: MASTERY [Discussion]  (Read 4981 times)

Hazama

• View Profile
Re: MASTERY [Discussion]
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2016, 05:11:52 AM »

Two weeks per tails is an absolute joke. If only cause nobody should master the Ichibi in two weeks.
How, if you don't mind me asking? Besides the chakra of the beast, Shukaku don't really give you shit >> he don't have a proper V1 cloak and doesn't even possess a V2 cloak. And he doesn't even give you sand now, last I checked.

Pretty sure he still gives sand, he just wasn't the source of the sand being an automatic defense. He also gives some sealing jutsu and magnet release. And I'm pretty sure every biju can use a cloak. I just don't think Gaara ever had a chance to use it.

I guess that's possible. But I always believed that tail number determined strength, like Kurama does in the Manga, even if it may not be the case. It's just always been that way for so long, and it's worked for years on end, too.

So long as people did the RPs in public and it was legit, it would count, and it was awesome. And inspired actual RP between Jinchuuriki, their beasts, and other hosts o.o
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2016, 05:58:18 AM »

I guess that's possible. But I always believed that tail number determined strength, like Kurama does in the Manga, even if it may not be the case. It's just always been that way for so long, and it's worked for years on end, too.

So long as people did the RPs in public and it was legit, it would count, and it was awesome. And inspired actual RP between Jinchuuriki, their beasts, and other hosts o.o

I think that's how it works in the series. Though, for SL purposes, I don't see any reason why any one bijuu should be more powerful than another. Personally, I think they should all be on the same level as far as SL goes, with each one granting unique passive/active abilities. But, people have those abilities (or better ones) regardless if they have a bijuu or not. It's not a perfect system.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2016, 06:32:41 AM »

15 weeks? >> Nah, I'm good. You guys without beasts have fun with that. To make someone have to fight for a beast, then take 15 weeks to master it while likely dealing with challenges is idiotic. This whole thing exemplifies why those without beasts should not have reign over those who do.

You are just asking for people to stall fights for ages until they master tails. 2 weeks per tail with RP as a way to speed up maybe a tails worth of progress was fine. >> Ya'll just keep making it easier to disregard the council of non-hosts, cheers~!

Well there is a reason that hosts are not allowed to be on the biju Council, and I think your way of putting it pretty much exemplifies that, especially when a Council member disagreed wtih the timeframe for almost the same reason. Not to mention the rules are not made up excluesively by the biju council; the Community votes on the rules, all the Council does is enforce them at this current point in time, so the Council itself as a structure hardly has squat on whether this passes or not.

Hard to warm up to, sure, but I sorta agree. The new way of mastering a beast ain't bad and is more fair but if we get our choice preference.... Then I would go with this style of mastery.

Hitler-chan seemed adamantly against the new mastery system period, but you seem at least a little warm to it.

An IC system for mastering beasts would require hosts to RP and either take pictures or some other documentation to proveve that they did their RP. I'm not totally against that, but who is going to be checking behind these hosts? The Biju Council?

Two weeks per tails is an absolute joke. If only cause nobody should master the Ichibi in two weeks.

I agree that 2 weeks a tail is not the best way of going about it for the lower number tails, but as I said earlier, 15 weeks (that's nearly 4 months) is overkilling this; we already know at this stage of making the mastery rules that people are going to try to drag out biju matches, even Bocchiere as a force spirit would be scoffing at trying to psuh for something with a "please try to go around me" written all under it. Unless there is to be a penalty for obvious doing of this (and who makes the call on whether its obvious or not? The Biju Council? The judge for the match?) it's pointless making a rule that is begging to be loopholed.

I still propose to tuning it down to 2 weeks per stage. That's what, 10 weeks if I got my math right? Or maybe we need to rethink mastery altogether, because if short time constraints are seen as giveaways on power and RP verifications are unwanton bureacracy, then mastery should lean in the direction that encourages the most RP usage of the tailed beast, especially since IC hunts are still both WIP and potentially not even going to become a thing again.

Here is some food for thought. Mastering a tailed beast requires using its power, but not just using its power; training with that power in a setting that is appropiate for the power being trained. Each tailed beast perhaps can have a breakdown on what it takes to master the skills that each has (thus, the fewer canon perks, the easier to master).

For example, let's take say the 1-tails vs the 2-tails:

1-tails: tailed beast chakra, sand manipulation through magnet release, fuinjutsu, nightmare generation (not sure if anyone has actually tried to manipulate the 1-tails nightmare thing but I"m putting it on here in an attempt at completeness), and tailed beast transformations.

2-tails: tailed beast chakra, fire manipulation, and tailed beast transformations. And I think that is it.

It should be easier to master the 2-tails than the 1-tails then, by the logic of an abilities based system.

9-tails: tailed beast chakra, negative emotion sensing, rapid healing, and tailed beast transformations. Since the 9-tails chakra can't be split into Yin and Yang in SL, then I don't really count the enhanced mokuton growing property.

Would the 9-tails thus be easier to master than the 1-tails even though in the series the complete opposite seems to be the case? Well, the 9-tails' history is primarily what made it difficult to master, because who doesn't hate a master like Madara Uchiha? Gaara never utilized the sealing part of the 1-tails power, so arguably it could be said that he never mastered the beast; then again, that power probably was not added in until after Gaara lost the beast.

Anyways, the main trouble in mastering the 9-tails is that it has a significantly higher chakra capacity than the 1-tails, as demonstrated when its tailed beast ball visibly changed the trajectory of several other tailed beast balls. That takes more time to master than the 1-tails tailed beast chakra, by this system, but how much longer overall I admit is still a TBD kind of thing.

Eating some of my own food then,, what if rather than making a mastery system that blankets over all of the beasts, that we take the time to make a custom mastery for each and every single tailed beast? Would that not make tiering and such reasonable between the beasts?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Iburi Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2016, 06:41:27 PM »

I don't know if I can post in here but, what about tailed beasts who we actually don't know much about like 7 tails. Aside from wings, the powder, and silk there isn't much that we know about 7 tails so what then?
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2016, 10:19:04 PM »

I don't know if I can post in here but, what about tailed beasts who we actually don't know much about like 7 tails. Aside from wings, the powder, and silk there isn't much that we know about 7 tails so what then?

Yeah you can post in here, this is a rule discussion thread.

The wings, the powder, and the silk are three different things. That's still more than the 2-tails.

I am not 100% famaliar with SL add-ons to biju abilities, that my knowledge has a sizeable gap. However, as far a canon abilities go, whatever we know from the canon is what we would go with. Again, I"m not famaliar with the non-canon biju abilities, I do not recall that thread on the abilities of the tailed beasts ever formally being put up.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2016, 09:22:03 AM »

15 weeks? >> Nah, I'm good. You guys without beasts have fun with that. To make someone have to fight for a beast, then take 15 weeks to master it while likely dealing with challenges is idiotic. This whole thing exemplifies why those without beasts should not have reign over those who do.

You are just asking for people to stall fights for ages until they master tails. 2 weeks per tail with RP as a way to speed up maybe a tails worth of progress was fine. >> Ya'll just keep making it easier to disregard the council of non-hosts, cheers~!

Well there is a reason that hosts are not allowed to be on the biju Council, and I think your way of putting it pretty much exemplifies that, especially when a Council member disagreed wtih the timeframe for almost the same reason. Not to mention the rules are not made up excluesively by the biju council; the Community votes on the rules, all the Council does is enforce them at this current point in time, so the Council itself as a structure hardly has squat on whether this passes or not.

Hard to warm up to, sure, but I sorta agree. The new way of mastering a beast ain't bad and is more fair but if we get our choice preference.... Then I would go with this style of mastery.

Hitler-chan seemed adamantly against the new mastery system period, but you seem at least a little warm to it.

An IC system for mastering beasts would require hosts to RP and either take pictures or some other documentation to proveve that they did their RP. I'm not totally against that, but who is going to be checking behind these hosts? The Biju Council?

I agree that 2 weeks a tail is not the best way of going about it for the lower number tails, but as I said earlier, 15 weeks (that's nearly 4 months) is overkilling this; we already know at this stage of making the mastery rules that people are going to try to drag out biju matches, even Bocchiere as a force spirit would be scoffing at trying to psuh for something with a "please try to go around me" written all under it. Unless there is to be a penalty for obvious doing of this (and who makes the call on whether its obvious or not? The Biju Council? The judge for the match?) it's pointless making a rule that is begging to be loopholed.

I still propose to tuning it down to 2 weeks per stage. That's what, 10 weeks if I got my math right? Or maybe we need to rethink mastery altogether, because if short time constraints are seen as giveaways on power and RP verifications are unwanton bureacracy, then mastery should lean in the direction that encourages the most RP usage of the tailed beast, especially since IC hunts are still both WIP and potentially not even going to become a thing again.

Here is some food for thought. Mastering a tailed beast requires using its power, but not just using its power; training with that power in a setting that is appropiate for the power being trained. Each tailed beast perhaps can have a breakdown on what it takes to master the skills that each has (thus, the fewer canon perks, the easier to master).

For example, let's take say the 1-tails vs the 2-tails:

1-tails: tailed beast chakra, sand manipulation through magnet release, fuinjutsu, nightmare generation (not sure if anyone has actually tried to manipulate the 1-tails nightmare thing but I"m putting it on here in an attempt at completeness), and tailed beast transformations.

2-tails: tailed beast chakra, fire manipulation, and tailed beast transformations. And I think that is it.

It should be easier to master the 2-tails than the 1-tails then, by the logic of an abilities based system.

9-tails: tailed beast chakra, negative emotion sensing, rapid healing, and tailed beast transformations. Since the 9-tails chakra can't be split into Yin and Yang in SL, then I don't really count the enhanced mokuton growing property.

Would the 9-tails thus be easier to master than the 1-tails even though in the series the complete opposite seems to be the case? Well, the 9-tails' history is primarily what made it difficult to master, because who doesn't hate a master like Madara Uchiha? Gaara never utilized the sealing part of the 1-tails power, so arguably it could be said that he never mastered the beast; then again, that power probably was not added in until after Gaara lost the beast.

Anyways, the main trouble in mastering the 9-tails is that it has a significantly higher chakra capacity than the 1-tails, as demonstrated when its tailed beast ball visibly changed the trajectory of several other tailed beast balls. That takes more time to master than the 1-tails tailed beast chakra, by this system, but how much longer overall I admit is still a TBD kind of thing.

Eating some of my own food then,, what if rather than making a mastery system that blankets over all of the beasts, that we take the time to make a custom mastery for each and every single tailed beast? Would that not make tiering and such reasonable between the beasts?

I hate to admit it (I really do, nothing personal, just a combative soul) but I agree with a lot of what he suggested here. Mind you, the beast I own is already mastered so there is nothing for me to gain out of this >> I just hate the idea of people having to spend months mastering the 'lower' level beasts. The high level beasts are more sought after 'generally' and will be fought for more by higher level targets, where as the lower numbers more attainable. Trying real hard not to sound like an ass (for once), but if you look at the history of the Bijuu battles it's sorta shows. Even with me, started with the three tails and moved on up to the eight after several years.

Should seriously consider some of the stuff Eric suggested regarding custom requirements for each beast. Easy to document and verify (if needed) and should satiate all of the people who adamantly believe power should be incredibly hard to obtain. (Just can't help it >>)
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2016, 07:28:45 PM »

If the IC hunt is going to be banned then none of this mastery stuff matters either.

We are not going to make someone RP a hunt but we will make them RP training with their beast? Why? Because they can get along with themselves long enough to do it?

pft.

If you want mastery of a bijuu to exist, then have someone else role play the bijuu.

I foresee a day when the GMs don't get to do anything but bijuu stuff.
lol

seriously...none of this matters if you are not going to be IC all the way. The bijuu are not RP. They are a game of capture the flag and status, pure and simple.

Iburi Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2016, 09:19:42 PM »

If the IC hunt is going to be banned then none of this mastery stuff matters either.

We are not going to make someone RP a hunt but we will make them RP training with their beast? Why? Because they can get along with themselves long enough to do it?

pft.

If you want mastery of a bijuu to exist, then have someone else role play the bijuu.

lol

seriously...none of this matters if you are not going to be IC all the way. The bijuu are not RP. They are a game of capture the flag and status, pure and simple.
I quite agree with this, but I thought having hunts was a preference to the host?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 09:41:36 PM by Iburi Ray »
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2016, 09:37:49 PM »

pft.

lol

The IC hunt wasn't an option for awhile to stop bickering and the beast were still IC. The IC hunt has countless problems, ones I pointed out, and they need to be fixed before it can be an option.

I've done IC hunts and they've been fun, but not everyone likes fighting people by themselves to defend a beast. That is a choice. And if we take that choice away just to make IC hunts work, it is basically scripted for the host to give themselves up on a silver platter.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2016, 01:28:40 AM »

If the IC hunt is going to be banned then none of this mastery stuff matters either...

I mean if that's really the sentiment, we might as well let people master the biju day 7 instead of making 'em wait. What good is a trophy if it aint shiny when you show it off.   :P
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 17 queries.