Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Gedo Mazo FFA logistics (for participating members only)  (Read 22483 times)

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
Gedo Mazo FFA logistics (for participating members only)
« on: November 16, 2016, 05:53:26 PM »

Each of you 3 has been notified through mail of some sort, informing you of this thread. As the Council has failed to get anything done regarding this, I suppose it is up to us to take matters into our own hands. Their vote thread hasn't been touched in 8 days or so, so I will assume those who wished to vote, did, and it was unanimously set for a FFA.

I appreciate Eric's/Genesis' efforts for getting us this far, but their lack of presence as of late has required me to step back up. I expect the same attitude from the rest of you (Athos, Curse, Camel).

Now, I suggested a set of rules to be in place to govern this fight, so it ends as 'smoothly' as it has begun.

48 Hour post limit. ~40 Days. You miss, you get DQ'd.

To explain more clearly, you get two days to post, the fight will go on no longer than 40 days, and if you are absent for your posting date, you get DQ'd, otherwise we'd have to skip you, and what happens if you are in a position where you are being bombarded with attacks, and it is your defense? You can just 'get busy' and be placed in Limbo, free and null from damage? Seems exploitable and unfair to the other participants. I am willing to raise the post time limit to 2.5 days or 60 hours if we can agree to an insta DQ in the case someone doesn't post during their required time.

Any and all suggestions are welcomed from the each of you, and I do hope the rest of the community understands that we appreciate their help in forming this structured environment, and stays out. :D Cheers~
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
Re: Gedo Mazo FFA logistics (for participating members only)
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 07:19:29 PM »

So this fight will last the entirety of forty days or do we have a post limit before we have to quit? I was thinking maybe ten posts per player, including the entrance post which leaves us at forty posts total and ten posts per player within the span of forty days. That way we can get through this quick and smoothly as possible, without squabble from either side.

Also, we need to find a judge before all of this goes down. Me, personally? I would rather someone that is willing and patient enough to go through the entirety of the fight and give an unbiased ruling; not too mention someone that isn't connected to us in any way of form. (ie: Not a friend of ours.)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 07:20:30 PM by Camel »

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 07:59:24 PM »

So this fight will last the entirety of forty days or do we have a post limit before we have to quit? I was thinking maybe ten posts per player, including the entrance post which leaves us at forty posts total and ten posts per player within the span of forty days. That way we can get through this quick and smoothly as possible, without squabble from either side.

Also, we need to find a judge before all of this goes down. Me, personally? I would rather someone that is willing and patient enough to go through the entirety of the fight and give an unbiased ruling; not too mention someone that isn't connected to us in any way of form. (ie: Not a friend of ours.)

I like the idea Camel has, about also putting a posting limit in place, and ten sounds good. I mean, that should be fifty posts total(including the Mazo, 40 player only posts), so I have to agree to that. But at the same time, with so much stuff going on in one fight, it may be easy to crank out ten posts per person. Especially with the time limit in place.

As for the Judge(replying to Kamui's post first), I will always suggest Trev, the most unbias person when it comes to this sort of thing. I can understand him not wanting to get involved in something like this, but that will always be my vote. Honestly, I was thinking of suggesting having more than one judge, considering how big of an even this is going to be, but the last thing we need is for a disagreement between judges. Then what, we get a judge to judge our judges over their judging of us? Gonna have to pass.
And having a judge that isn't connected to, at least, one of us is impossible with everyone on SL essentially knowing everyone else at this point o.o Aren't many people left not to know, ya know?

Now as for what Yujo suggested, I like the idea of a two day post limit. Nice, quick, clean. The only reason it should be extended is if, for example, work gets hectic and they need more time to post. But only then should it expand over the 48hr limit, and only by a day. And each person only gets, let's say, two of those on their posts. The reason I say two is because of the 40 overall limit, and things do tend to pop up. I know how that can be. That's my suggestion when it comes to a time limit, at least.

But yeah, I also agree with Yujo on how being skipped instead of DQ'd could be used in a person's advantage, hence my different suggestions on how to extend the time limit. I don't think we should skip anyone, seeing as if they are serious about getting the Mazo, they need to take this serious o.o Myself included.

As for one of the things I want to bring up is Edo Tensei, seeing as half the participants have the technique. Now, I have been assuming that the Mazo fight will follow Bijuu rules, which states that there is no more than one Zombie per Bijuu fight, per user of Edo Tensei. Of course, the Edo rules allow up to three Edo Tensei zombie, one per extra person on the fight. So there is a faint conflict in the rules and conditions, but like I've said, I figured it would be following the Bijuu Ruleset. Or, well, simply be just a void for this fight overall o.o I don't really care which but this is just one thing I've wondered about.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 10:02:15 PM »

As for the Judge(replying to Kamui's post first), I will always suggest Trev, the most unbias person when it comes to this sort of thing. I can understand him not wanting to get involved in something like this, but that will always be my vote. Honestly, I was thinking of suggesting having more than one judge, considering how big of an event that this is going to be, but the last thing we need is for a disagreement between judges. Then what, we get a judge to judge our judges over their judging of us? Gonna have to pass.

And having a judge that isn't connected to, at least, one of us is impossible with everyone on SL essentially knowing everyone else at this point o.o Aren't many people left not to know, ya know?

I also like to mention that this judge wold have to make some free time in order to keep up with the flow of battle and judge it accordingly. Reason why I say someone that isn't connect and affiliated to us, ie: someone that we haven't Skype with in layman's terms--is because no one can say that decision was based off the friendship that person had with the chosen winner. It would be truly unbiased, if we selected Eric, since all of us can say that we never had a group chat with Eric in the party.

As for one of the things I want to bring up is Edo Tensei, seeing as half the participants have the technique. Now, I have been assuming that the Mazo fight will follow Bijuu rules, which states that there is no more than one Zombie per Bijuu fight, per user of Edo Tensei. Of course, the Edo rules allow up to three Edo Tensei zombie, one per extra person on the fight. So there is a faint conflict in the rules and conditions, but like I've said, I figured it would be following the Bijuu Rule set. Or, well, simply be just a void for this fight overall o.o I don't really care which but this is just one thing I've wondered about.

I figured that these rules will stand, since this is of course, a bijuu fight in a sense. One zombie per user and up to three can be used at a time, but only one can be out during the battle. The only downside is that person will be forced to forgo their initial steps of following their initial attack patter and can only use defensive moves; this moves cannot be made in the form of a supplementary or attack move.

Quote from: What we have so far
- You have forty days to complete the match.
- Participants must post every forty-eight hours.
- Failure to post within the allotted time-slot is an automatic disqualification. (No skips, if you fail to post. You should've made the time to post and that is that.)
- In a rare event that the match doesn't complete itself within forty-days and it will fall upon the *decided* judge to decide the winner based on kept the flow of battle consistently in their favor, dealt the most damage and was the most counter-productive competitor.

Is everything correct here? Any more suggestions to add or more commentary to interject?

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 11:38:14 AM »

I'm on daily and have no bias towards anyone involved.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 12:31:17 AM »

What are the guidelines for judging? The same as the Biju match conditions? I wouldn't mind judging but as a council member I am not allowed to do so.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2016, 01:04:01 AM »

Picking a judge that no one is a friend with between the lot of you would be next to impossible. As said by Addy there's not many of us left. ~ You could always go the alternate route and pick someone you're all a friend to, but that's probably just as hard. (that's what she said)

I'm with Trev as a judge if he wants to be subjected to that kind of 'torture'. I don't think he cares if any of you lose much less about the subject overall. Good choice.

The last option I feel is if someone is willing to connect a qualifying person who no longer plays SL for a one time judge call. I know Darkshinobi and a few others were preferred judges at one point.

--

I understand this says participating members only. In the end you guys do get to pick how everything goes down...but when did it get to the point where it's okay to try and essentially 'mute' those not involved? The first time I've ever seen (select group of people only allowed to add input) was with the council ordeals which even then I didn't fully agree to at first. I hate the idea of making those who wish to speak about something unable to by saying they can't. Once one starts that way it's like a domino effect. This is actually a perfect example of it in itself.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 12:21:17 AM »

I don't really care who wins this fight, and I've never been particularly biased in a fight before. Heck, one of the guys advocating for me (Athos) was told by me that he lost a fight a few weeks ago, and he still wants me >.>

I've always been fair, and if you guys want me to be there, just make it unanimous and ask.

I also wouldn't be opposed to sharing judging duties as Athos suggested. I can see how it would cause problems, but having multiple judges on to settle this fight might make it easier. Heck, you guys could utilize Eric, Dato, and myself. I judge fights like a boxing match anyway, mine as well have three scorecards.

So yeah, if you want, I'm around.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2016, 10:55:15 PM »

Can more people join? I know it's late and all, but nothing has started yet.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2016, 01:05:15 AM »

I don't see why not, it's not like I have a quarrel with more people joining. I'm guessing you want in on the FFA?

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2016, 02:02:43 AM »

I don't see why not, it's not like I have a quarrel with more people joining. I'm guessing you want in on the FFA?

Yee

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2016, 03:15:56 AM »

Yee

Oooh, its a party now. If Shadow in, I'll join. And senpai better notice me <3

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2016, 02:39:10 PM »

Yee

I always notice you <3

But with these people joining now, we should probably really get things started and rolling.

So long as all parties are interested still. I know I am, obviously the two new guys are interested, but what about the silent parties?

Discussion on this needs to get rolling and taken serious.

Don't make me head these talks myself.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 02:40:47 PM by Athos »
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2016, 07:00:58 PM »

Yee

I always notice you <3

But with these people joining now, we should probably really get things started and rolling.

So long as all parties are interested still. I know I am, obviously the two new guys are interested, but what about the silent parties?

Discussion on this needs to get rolling and taken serious.

Don't make me head these talks myself.

Before we go through this entire fight, I would like to do an activity check to see who is still down for the FFA. I am active, but what about everyone else involved?

PS: I would like to start this FFA by either this week or next week.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2016, 07:02:10 PM »

I've seen Alicia and Ashley both on like yesterday so I assume they are.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 01:29:52 AM by Shadow, the template guy »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.