Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Gedo Mazo FFA logistics (for participating members only)  (Read 22341 times)

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
Re: Gedo Mazo FFA logistics (for participating members only)
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2016, 06:31:37 PM »

I don't understand why nearly two weeks after this post was made, these crawlers came out of nowhere and are being allowed to create a clusterfuck. There have been multiple topics at this point regarding the gedo, and if you did not display your interest at that time, I do not think you should be allowed to join, this means: Shadow, Jay, and Dato. If you wanted a shot, you should have stepped up. Now you should wait your turn after the tourney ends and challenge the winner. Not only will it make the tourney smoother, but allowing these people to join only slows down the completion of the tourney and the distribution of the mazo (which was meant to happen at the end of October), but it makes it so much more difficult to setup the entire thing, once again slowing the whole process down.

It's my two cents.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2016, 06:50:08 PM »

You said it right there...

No one had posted in nearly TWO weeks, including you, even though  you were the one trying to fast-track it through everyone.

That's ample enough to add more people into the brawl and get details actually hashed out instead of you and the others reported interested who posted nothing to move it forward.

So, no. We want in, we're joining in.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2016, 06:57:58 PM »

I don't understand why nearly two weeks after this post was made, these crawlers came out of nowhere and are being allowed to create a clusterfuck. There have been multiple topics at this point regarding the gedo, and if you did not display your interest at that time, I do not think you should be allowed to join, this means: Shadow, Jay, and Dato. If you wanted a shot, you should have stepped up. Now you should wait your turn after the tourney ends and challenge the winner. Not only will it make the tourney smoother, but allowing these people to join only slows down the completion of the tourney and the distribution of the mazo (which was meant to happen at the end of October), but it makes it so much more difficult to setup the entire thing, once again slowing the whole process down.

It's my two cents.

Well,

No one had posted in nearly TWO weeks, including you, even though  you were the one trying to fast-track it through everyone.

That's ample enough to add more people into the brawl and get details actually hashed out instead of you and the others reported interested who posted nothing to move it forward.

Essentially that, sorta. I mean, I'm guilty like Yujo for this topic having died and not posting, hell Shadow posting about if people can join is what brought this topic back to life.

Plus, as far as I see it, you are the only one of the 'original' competitors that is against more people joining o.o
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2016, 07:15:13 PM »

It's my two cents.

Well,

Essentially that, sorta. I mean, I'm guilty like Yujo for this topic having died and not posting, hell Shadow posting about if people can join is what brought this topic back to life.

Plus, as far as I see it, you are the only one of the 'original' competitors that is against more people joining o.o

Ehhh, I wasn't sure of the full nature of my joining this fray, but since it was met with such a vehement response, I'll most definitely throw my name in this hat... or whatever analogy better suits me joining this.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2016, 02:19:21 AM »

I said I was cool with more people joining, but I should've made it clear that I don't speak for everyone else that is participating. I am not going to step over anyone toes in this and generally say that Yujo is fine with all of this, which according to his response, he isn't cool with anyone else joining, except the original participants. 

A more better resolution would be to have a vote on it between the original four participants and go from there. (One vote is already for yes and one is for no.)

Either way, If three more players happen to enter the fray of battle or not, I'll still have to revise the time limit, no matter what; this way it can accommodate us all and also the judge.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2016, 03:17:09 AM »

Not exactly, AJ. Curse hasn't made a single post referring to anything Mazo related since his random post about wanting to join the Mazo fight, so I think it is more than safe to assume he is no longer interested.

And you are okay with it, I'm okay with it, Yujo is the only one that isn't. Pretty sure that tallies up 2-1, not 1-1.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2016, 07:41:27 PM »

Not exactly, AJ. Curse hasn't made a single post referring to anything Mazo related since his random post about wanting to join the Mazo fight, so I think it is more than safe to assume he is no longer interested.

And you are okay with it, I'm okay with it, Yujo is the only one that isn't. Pretty sure that tallies up 2-1, not 1-1.

I spoke to Curse today and he said that he's too busy to participate anyway, so that leaves me, you and Yujo as the only competitors. And with that note, the votes so far are for "Yes, you can join in on this FFA."

Either way, it's six of us participating in this FFA. I figured upon the judge's request that I should go ahead and axe the date limit of twenty-days. So this what we will have so far:
- The Mazou will not take place in the fighting. It will be awarded to the winner.
- The stage that this FFA will take place will be at the Mountain's Graveyard.
- You have twenty days to complete the match.
- There will be a limit of seven posts per combatant and this will include the entry posts made by each participant.
- Participants must post every forty-eight hours.
- Failure to post within the allotted time-slot is an automatic disqualification. (No skips, if you fail to post. You should've made the time to post and that is that.)
- In a rare event that the match doesn't complete itself within the twenty-day limit, it will fall upon the *decided* judge to decide the winner based on kept the flow of battle consistently in their favor, dealt the most damage and was the most counter-productive competitor.

Any problems? Or suggestions that anyone would like to add?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2016, 10:45:56 PM »

I spoke to Curse today and he said that he's too busy to participate anyway, so that leaves me, you and Yujo as the only competitors. And with that note, the votes so far are for "Yes, you can join in on this FFA."

Either way, it's six of us participating in this FFA. I figured upon the judge's request that I should go ahead and axe the date limit of twenty-days. So this what we will have so far:
- The Mazou will not take place in the fighting. It will be awarded to the winner.
- You have twenty days to complete the match.
- There will be a limit of seven posts per combatant and this will include the entry posts made by each participant.
- Failure to post within the allotted time-slot is an automatic disqualification. (No skips, if you fail to post. You should've made the time to post and that is that.)
- In a rare event that the match doesn't complete itself within the twenty-day limit, it will fall upon the *decided* judge to decide the winner based on kept the flow of battle consistently in their favor, dealt the most damage and was the most counter-productive competitor.

Any problems? Or suggestions that anyone would like to add?

So, the maximum day limit (if everyone stays in and takes 2 days to post) is 14 x 6 = 54 days total from the first entry post? That's a month and some change, but I guess it is unlikely that such a drawl will happen.

Regarding the number of participants, I had assumed that it had been set in stone some time ago, but I'm not going to oppose more people getting in, especially if the majority of the original participants are fine with that.

Add weather conditions (be it clear or whatever), an explicit ban list (if Kirisame is generally voided,  for example, make that clear upfront so nobody gets water happy), and of course, criteria for judging a match like this other than "who aint dead".

Random idea, with 6 people, make teams of 2, have the 3 teams face off, and then the winning team members square off with each other for the ultimate prize. A random idea since, after all, I don't think a balanced set of teams is really feasible with who has joined up.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2016, 09:53:09 AM »

Don't feel like editing quotes.

Kamui's idea sounds pretty good with the time limit and post limits. Personally, I think 7 posts is way too few to actually get any meat into the brawl. I'm more inclined to say that we allow the match to continue until there is literally one indidviual standing as overall victor. Shouldn't matter how long that takes especially if imposing the 48hr post restriction.

Weather conditions would obviously be clear skied and noonish.
As for a "bans" list, that would take entirely too long in limiting  each individual involved of their skills and abilities. It's an OOC FFA. Let it alllllllll hang loose!

Oooooooo, the team idea would certainly be interesting and fun to play. But then again, it wouldn't be a FFA. That'd be a team deathmatch.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2016, 04:37:12 PM »

I'm kinda thinking Dart might be right about taking the fight to the end. With this many people in it the judge is going to have a hell of a time picking the winner. And it's not like we're fighting based on a rubric or something it's just going to be one persons opinion. What are you graded on? Whatever that particular judge feels like.

I think it would be much more decisive in this case to have the fight be to the last man standing, like Dart said if we have a 48 hour restriction it's going to be over quickly regardless several people will probably be eliminated by failing to post.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2016, 08:57:56 PM »

- Weather conditions for this FFA will be sunny clear skies with an average temperature of 72°
- There will be no limit of posts per combatant, but the entry posts must be made by each participant before the combat actually starts. (No attacking on the first post.)

I went ahead and made some revisions to include weather conditions. Honestly, I can see this battle ending before we even reach the posting cap, due to the time limit that will hopefully keep us in check. However I went ahead and did some modifications to the post limit, it should be accommodating to all of us by now.

Quote from: Eric
Random idea, with 6 people, make teams of 2, have the 3 teams face off, and then the winning team members square off with each other for the ultimate prize. A random idea since, after all, I don't think a balanced set of teams is really feasible with who has joined up.

Good idea, but there is one problem. This fight is supposed to be a FFA, your idea isn't exactly FFA. It's team death match with free-for-all at the end. I mean, your heart was in the right place, but our situation here is different. If I compared both, your idea will even more time consuming than this FFA, which is something that we are trying to avoid here.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2016, 09:12:56 PM »

I was gonna suggest a posting order, but I figured something like that would be drawn up after everything was finalized.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2016, 09:20:43 PM »

I was gonna suggest a posting order, but I figured something like that would be drawn up after everything was finalized.

I think it'll be easier to draw up the posting order, after we make our entrance posts. Sounds simple, no?

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2016, 01:58:44 AM »

If I end up being the judge, I can tell you what you'll be graded on >> I've imposed a boxing Esque scorecard system that I've used for about 3 fights now.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2016, 02:11:04 AM »

If I end up being the judge, I can tell you what you'll be graded on >> I've imposed a boxing Esque scorecard system that I've used for about 3 fights now.

I'd still prefer to have it just be to the death at this point, but if we must do it this way then yeah I'd love to know your grading system.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 18 queries.