Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Chakra Edible Creation  (Read 4077 times)

Iburi Ray

• View Profile
Chakra Edible Creation
« on: December 06, 2016, 01:09:24 AM »

Chakra Edible Creation, is this a viable thing? Or since its after the war and the like, it is banned? For those who don't know what this is, is basically using Rinnegan, you turn the subject into a chakra fruit in which upon consumption grants you their abilities.
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
Re: Chakra Edible Creation
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 02:25:21 AM »

Viable? I don't think so...at least this what I think. I can't say for OOC RP, but I haven't seen anyone use that technique in a manner that is IC. It could be banned, I don't know. (I know I wouldn't allow it, considering how OP it is.)

Iburi Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 02:29:15 AM »

I don't think you could really use it in battle, I mean I could be wrong, but I see that as you have defeated someone, and well you eat them. People do that on here and gain their powers through blood and what not so I was wondering if this could be a possible alternative.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 03:03:16 AM »

I don't think you could really use it in battle, I mean I could be wrong, but I see that as you have defeated someone, and well you eat them. People do that on here and gain their powers through blood and what not so I was wondering if this could be a possible alternative.

People don't always see it the way that you see it. Another problem that I have with this technique is the range of it, I mean it's classified as short-medium range which is pretty OP in my opinion.

Think about it. All I have to do is implant Rinnegan in my palm and aim then turn that unsuspecting person into a chakra fruit. It's basically Majin Buu's food-making ray, but with a much greater range.

Iburi Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 03:05:45 AM »

People don't always see it the way that you see it. Another problem that I have with this technique is the range of it, I mean it's classified as short-medium range which is pretty OP in my opinion.

Think about it. All I have to do is implant Rinnegan in my palm and aim then turn that unsuspecting person into a chakra fruit. It's basically Majin Buu's food-making ray, but with a much greater range.
I overlooked that entirely.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 03:22:51 AM »

Well obviously it does not work on just anyone. Naruto was giving them a hell of a time when it came to absorbing his chakra, but he's the nine tails and main character, so he has special hax. Kinshiki was willing to give up his body, plus he was already weak as hell, and the only other person we saw get turned edible was Killer Bee. Even then they just turned his chakra into the food, and not him as a person.

I figure it could be brought in under the right circumstances. It can only be used on the defeated or the willing. The boost in chakra isn't permanent much in the same way as a steroid. Eat too much and your body gives in on itself(?). There are a number of ways to make it "fair".   
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 12:18:43 PM »

That's only until someone not such a fair sport runs away with it and BS's all kinds of ways to get around the downsides of it, which you know just as well that I do that someone will.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 07:50:58 PM »

I just don't see any point in introducing this technique into competitive role-play, I mean under the right circumstances you could introduce it, but as Warren was quick to point out. You can have someone that is willing to play along with your charades, but they easily can change their mind at the last second.

Another thing that i forgot to point out was that Momoshiki used this technique to keep himself alive and somewhat immortal. Now what I saw from the movies is that once a person has ran out of the cinnabar panacea to sustain themselves, the son of the main protagonist was easily able to dispatch him with a combined technique.

If we are going to go this route and generally start accepting this technique, we might as well just start revising our void list and start accepting other techniques such as Uchihgaeshi, Izanami, Swift-Release, Hijutsu: Kirisame, Limbo and etc.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 10:36:18 PM »

... Hijutsu: Kirisame...

When was this technique generally voided? I thought it was pretty much the only thing that made Mist ANBU special once upon a time.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 10:41:58 PM »

When was this technique generally voided? I thought it was pretty much the only thing that made Mist ANBU special once upon a time.

I advise you to go take a look at the void list that the jinchuuriki uses. Ninety percent of them void the above technique, but it's perfectly fine to use a variation of the technique that is basically the same thing. It's confusing really, so much that I don't know why one technique is voided but another that is the same concept is perfectly fine.

Which is why I said if that we're going to accept these sort of OP techniques, a reevaluation of the void list will be needed.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 10:48:12 PM »

I advise you to go take a look at the void list that the jinchuuriki uses. Ninety percent of them void the above technique, but it's perfectly fine to use a variation of the technique that is basically the same thing. It's confusing really, so much that I don't know why one technique is voided but another that is the same concept is perfectly fine.

Which is why I said if that we're going to accept these sort of OP techniques, a reevaluation of the void list will be needed.

The current jinchurikii is not what I go by when I say "generally voided". My experiences in SL RP in general is what I go by, though to be fair I haven't actually fought someone IC in a long time. Banning things from a biju fight and universal bans are different as far as I"m concerned.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2016, 10:54:00 PM »

Quote from: Eric
The current jinchurikiiis not what I go by when I say "generally voided". My experiences in SL RP in general is what I go by, though to be fair I haven't actually fought someone IC in a long time. Banning things from a biju fight and universal bans are different as far as I"m concerned.

Let me introduce you the competitive world of role-playing, these voids were reached by a censuses of players that agreed that some techniques past chapter 600 were too OP. The Kirisame technique was added to the list, after some players experienced some drama with that village in question that the technique originates form.

Even though that there is completely sets of rules that generally void techniques, the concept of voiding is still the same. And this is all coming from an IC role-playing perspective, OOC role-playing really isn't relevant but the void list still applies in a bijuu battle nonetheless.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2016, 11:03:08 PM »

Just leave this banned and call it a day. You people reeeeally do not want to start counting the days til someone claims they can do this just with mangekyo, and instakill someone at full strength from a mile away just because "senjutsu".

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2016, 02:43:06 AM »

Just leave this banned and call it a day. You people reeeeally do not want to start counting the days til someone claims they can do this just with mangekyo, and instakill someone at full strength from a mile away just because "senjutsu".
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2016, 03:45:39 AM »

Agreed
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 16 queries.