Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bijuu Council Decision: Nine Tails Challengers  (Read 3597 times)

Hazama

• View Profile
Bijuu Council Decision: Nine Tails Challengers
« on: December 07, 2016, 05:15:29 AM »

So Genesis and I have an issue we need the council to decide on.

He made his "official challenge" for the 9 Tails and it was so silly that everyone, including the challengee and a moderator thought it was a joke and it was moved to spam.

Meanwhile I made a deal with Ryoji that I would get to fight him sooner than the challenge cooldown allowed for if I won another bijuu in a fight. I won the 7 Tails today and this evening Ryoji and I started our pre-fight discussions as per our agreement.

Then Genesis comes back insisting his challenge was legitimate and that he should get to fight Ryoji before me.

So we need a call on who gets to go first.

My logic of course is that I should go first because if your challenge is so ridiculous that everyone thinks it's a joke and the host starts another fight, that's the challengers fault, and he should be held responsible for it, not get to cut ahead of me.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
Re: Bijuu Council Decision: Nine Tails Challengers
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 05:34:18 AM »

Hi and hello. Before I let the council talk it out, let me make my point and then I'll leave it up to the council.

Since a new council was coming in, I thought to myself "Hey...I can have a bijuu now!". Because of the new council and the old council essentially being null, a certain thought filled my head. And you see, that thought filled my head with glee. I wanted to get a bijuu! So why not going after the biggest one?

It was on that Saturday night that I threw down my request.

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,9160.0.html

The initial post was a simple word, "Title". There was nothing parodying about that first post as it was self-explanatory. Then my good ol' chap Rusaku came in and replied. You see, Rusaku and I go back and I consider him a good friend. What do good friends do? They jest! And jest we did.

Eventually, he says "you can set up a topic" and I aptly respond with "S-ssure thing....B-B-baka!" as most of us would obviously say. I took that as my "Alright, the fight is set up". If I'm at fault for anything, it wasn't for setting up a fight early enough. I blame that on finals, but last time I checked, there's no rules to setting up the thread almost immediately.

Then Tuesday happened and here we are. Now I understand Bijuu challenges are super serious business to some. I too know how serious it gets...I literally just served on the council. So I made a challenge and me and Rusaku had a good time out of it. There was no way in hell did I think something like this would happen. I'm sorry for being a guy who likes to have fun, but that was a serious challenge at the end of the day.

Also I seriously can't believe this is an issue.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 05:37:40 AM by Genesis »

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 05:44:47 AM »

This is a pretty...interesting situation to be in.

Indeed Gen's challenge was comedic, and the masses initially believed that it was a joke. Though the title does say "Official challenge" and I did agree to it. At the time of Athos' challenge, he was on cool down, which I agreed could be lifted if he were to put up two beasts, which he went about doing. Though during the time he was getting that second beast, Gen made his topic. So technically Gen's challenge is more legitimate than Athos' due to the latter being on cool down.

That is my two cents on this, but I would prefer if other people chimed in. There don't seem to be any rules on a challenge needing to be serious in nature so I don't think Gen violated anything. He even went so far as to reiterate that it was in fact a serious challenge after the topic was sent to spam. My current opinion is that Genesis is an official challenger for the Nine tailed beast. 
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 09:58:51 AM »

*Not a council member.....yet.*

I'm inclined to believe that, despite the comedic effect of Genesis's post, he still did issue the challenge first, Genesis's challenge comes first.

However, to appease Athos, he should be allowed to be first challenger of whoever wins the match between Gene and Ryoji since Ryoji made that silly promise and stipulation in order to even get the challenge.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 01:54:08 PM »

I'm kind of confused about the whole agreement to the cool down being lifted. It doesn't need to be agreed on. The cool down is there to keep others from challenging a new host once they get their bijuu. As far as I'm aware the host can fight whenever they want to and ignore the cool down altogether.

Onto the point, Genesis made his challenge official before your plans with each other came to fruition. Japan doesn't stop their attack on Australia today just because Germany had plans to attack them in 2 weeks. If in the time that Australia becomes controlled by Japan then Germany can decide to either attack as planned or hold off.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 03:10:15 PM »

Yeah why would we want him to take responsibility for his mistake? Obviously the fact that he couldn't be bothered to make a legitimate looking challenge, to the point where not even Ryoji thought it was real,

---Original Message from Ten'nō Ryoji(2016-12-07 02:47:47)---
OK so this throws a kink in the system. I thought this was a joke, but Gen is actually hitting me up for a challenge, and he even made a thread.

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,9160.15.html

It was even moved to spam for how stupid it was, but he seems legit. I might actually have to fight Gen first >.>

Should be rewarded.

Have fun, but when you start an industrial fire because you were juggling lit blowtorches and lose your job you don't go, "Oh I'm sorry I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to have any fun."

Ryoji and I had already started our fight we were discussing the judge and voids and such. I shouldn't have to get booted to the back of the line because of someone's else's mistake. Gen screwed up his challenge and he should have to take responsibility for it not be rewarded.

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 05:27:40 PM »

As others have pointed out, Genesis' challenge was issued first, and the topic name of his thread and first post were adequate. Nothing about it initially seemed like a joke.

I get joking with friends, and I will say that I think it's dumb that a challenge post turned into a unnecessarily long thread that did not deal with the topic material. There's certainly a better ways to do things, but Genesis' initial challenge was still valid.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 05:48:39 PM »

How was it initially valid? All he did was post a topic that said challenge with no content and then immediately started talking about memes.

Genesis made a mistake and so I get punished for it? How does that make any sense? My fight had already started because he was too incompetent to make a challenge that was taken seriously.

I could understand if he had only said I could go next and then went oh hey I made a mistake Genesis actually challenged me first but our fight had ALREADY STARTED.

So the decision we want to make is that my fight gets cancelled and pushed back because Genesis screwed up the easiest part of a bijuu battle?

Thats complete bull. He messed up so make him be responsible for it don't reward him it's pretty simple.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 08:29:27 PM »

The way it stands now is that Genesis made his challenge in a public forum before Athos did, at least that what it looks like for now.

The way that I see it is like this. If you can present a mail that shows your declaration of challenge, time-stamp and all. This will basically prove that you made the declaration of challenge first and accordingly to the bijuu rules, your fight will come first instead of Genesis's. I mean, this is the only way I can see this can changing to your favor, Athos. 

Quote from: Athos
Meanwhile I made a deal with Ryoji that I would get to fight him sooner than the challenge cooldown allowed for if I won another bijuu in a fight.

I didn't know that it was "cool" to bend bijuu rules like that. If I actually take this information into consideration, the honour of the fight should be Genesis's. Give an inch and they'll take a mile. I mean what's next? We start bending more rules and will only stop when it doesn't have any benefit to that character? I feel like I am treading on slippery slope from here on forth and I don't think it'll end well with regulations, but no rules.

PS: Spamming is spamming. I am not going to sugarcoat it for you, since I've dealt all forms of spam and I know spam when I see it. All seriousness aside, you a commitment when you took on the role of a jinchuuriki and besides. We can all agree that this thread could've been avoided, had the challenge/fight thread didn't consist of spamming. I mean, how hard is it to start a thread without rubbing elbows with each other? I had fights with friends before on the forum and even I didn't spam like you guys did.  :roll:

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2016, 01:17:42 AM »

The way it stands now is that Genesis made his challenge in a public forum before Athos did, at least that what it looks like for now.

The way that I see it is like this. If you can present a mail that shows your declaration of challenge, time-stamp and all. This will basically prove that you made the declaration of challenge first and accordingly to the bijuu rules, your fight will come first instead of Genesis's. I mean, this is the only way I can see this can changing to your favor, Athos. 

Quote from: Athos
Meanwhile I made a deal with Ryoji that I would get to fight him sooner than the challenge cooldown allowed for if I won another bijuu in a fight.

I didn't know that it was "cool" to bend bijuu rules like that. If I actually take this information into consideration, the honour of the fight should be Genesis's. Give an inch and they'll take a mile. I mean what's next? We start bending more rules and will only stop when it doesn't have any benefit to that character? I feel like I am treading on slippery slope from here on forth and I don't think it'll end well with regulations, but no rules.

PS: Spamming is spamming. I am not going to sugarcoat it for you, since I've dealt all forms of spam and I know spam when I see it. All seriousness aside, you a commitment when you took on the role of a jinchuuriki and besides. We can all agree that this thread could've been avoided, had the challenge/fight thread didn't consist of spamming. I mean, how hard is it to start a thread without rubbing elbows with each other? I had fights with friends before on the forum and even I didn't spam like you guys did.  :roll:

I'm sorry, are you the fun police?  :roll:

Athos was basically begging me to lift the three month cool down before he can challenge again, and offered a trade in order to do so. Instead of offering up one tailed beast, he would go out and win a second one to sweeten the deal. I was under the impression he lacked the ability to actually go out and get a second one, so I agreed to participate in a fight only once he had collected the second beast. Time goes on and Gen places his challenge. Neither I, nor Genesis, are bound by any rules that I am aware of that require the thread to be serious or professional. He made a thread that said official challenge, and that's the end of it. His challenge was in place before Athos' could be considered legitimate, so he will be the first in line. Though if it turns out that I'm not allowed to make an exception and lift the cool down for an earlier fight, then I find that hilarious. No skin off my teeth not to fight someone like...the challenger(s)

And the only obligation that I have is to remain active and defend the beast. I am doing both, so I don't see how me trying to enjoy this soul crushing husk of a Naruto game is something to get on my shit about. How about you kids take a seat while the big boys discuss how this fight is going to go down. I'll be messaging Gen to go over the actual details now.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2016, 02:16:07 AM »

https://s24.postimg.org/kv5sfojpx/Challenge.jpg

I initially asked for the challenge in lieu of the cooldown period on December 1st, which is before Genesis fielded his "challenge".

Of course as Alek already said he doesn't count that as the date the challenge was made since now that I actually completed our deal he's going to back out on it. Was pretty foolish of me to expect anything better of him honestly.

So I'll wait for a council member to make a decision on the matter now that I have provided my evidence.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2016, 02:32:28 AM »

I mean, I don't think this honestly needs council vote. Genesis made his challenge public and you made a deal behind the scenes. One is legit and the other isn't. It's like complaining you didn't become President because you made a deal with the previous President that he'd give you the spot, but the other guy actually won the legitimate way through vote.

Analogies aside, pretty much everyone here is in agreement that Genesis gets first pickings and some of those people include those who are likely to be on the next council. IMO, this matter has been dealt with, but I'll leave that for you all to decide.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2016, 03:00:28 AM »

I mean, I don't think this honestly needs council vote. Genesis made his challenge public and you made a deal behind the scenes. One is legit and the other isn't. It's like complaining you didn't become President because you made a deal with the previous President that he'd give you the spot, but the other guy actually won the legitimate way through vote.

Analogies aside, pretty much everyone here is in agreement that Genesis gets first pickings and some of those people include those who are likely to be on the next council. IMO, this matter has been dealt with, but I'll leave that for you all to decide.

And thank you for your expert opinion Nathan.

If we want to pretend that asking someone to forgo their cooldown and have a fight, which has been done many times before, is some sort of dastardly deal to make me seem bad, when I'm the only one involved who didn't do anything wrong, that's fine. I don't know why I would expect this community to do anything else besides delude themselves into thinking that what they're doing isn't as cowardly as it is dishonest.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2016, 03:23:43 AM »

To be fair to Genesis, Kamui asked if the thread was spam and Yujo said yes, for it to be moved there.

If Kamui had waited to Genny to respond, it would have been made clear there. I don't blame Kamui for moving it though, so don't interpret this as an attack on him.

I personally thought the challenge was serious, even with the spam as it was just two friends having fun.

So I'd say Genny gets first crack. Of course, you could request that it be a triple threat match, but that's up to the other two. Just my opinion on the matter.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2016, 03:40:40 AM »

Wait, the question was asked if that topic in question was "spam?"
And the answer was, yes?
Guess we all can have our cake and eat it too! =)

I'll reserve my opinions until I join the new council-- I must say though, I'm fairly impressed with the names that will be on the council. Let alone, impressed by this topic. People are making some great points!
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 19 queries.