Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: General Discussion regarding Biju Council  (Read 1299 times)

Eric

• View Profile
General Discussion regarding Biju Council
« on: December 14, 2016, 04:35:05 AM »

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,9118.msg232145.html#msg232145

As of tonight, I finally got around to formally adding the updated biju Council rules to the updated rules.

As was raised by the recent election, had Athos decided not to step down there would have been a run-off round between the jinchs regarding who would get to stay on the Council, due to the need to keep the 2:7 ratio. Now that it is clearly established the total number of members and the ratio of jinchs to non-jinchs, it may be necessary to talk about stuff like:

- What if the number of jinchurikii candidates is too high to maintain the 2:7 ratio? 

- What are formal procedures for maintaining the 2:7 ratio?

- Should there be separate elections for jinchurikii candidates and non-jinchurikii candidates?

As an icebreaker (because there will be ice, Winter Break is upon us!) I think by necessity we need to formalize the candidancy process. Right now, candidates are selected by volunteers who step up some undetermined amount of time before the election. But the possibility of there being 7 candidates and 3 of them being jinchurikii remains under the current rules; it would be easier during the voting process if there were only 2 jinch candidates to begin with, especially since a situation where there are 7 candidates leads directly to all 7 being appointed.

A prelimary election to weed out jinchs (if necessary) should be held.

More a aesthetic thing than anything else, I think it would also be advisable to have different icons for different topics here in the Council thread. If calls to Council action, vote threads, discussion threads, and Council decision threads are all in the same sub-board, then other than titles, it can be kind of confusing picking through them.

To be honest, not many of us go through the trouble of picking through the sub-boards to find stuff, but for those of us who do, it would be nice if the icons were more varied than they are now. Just a thought there.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
Re: General Discussion regarding Biju Council
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 06:33:56 AM »

If the jincs become too high in number as a candidacy, then I suppose a preliminary vote could be taken to determine which jincs should be up for election?

I would be ok with amending it so the jincs could be a 3:7 ratio. Just as long as they are a minority in the cohort. I erroneously believed that, when voting in the other thread, I was choosing the 3:7 ratio, not the 2:7.

And it's definitley got my vote to have different icons!

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 16 queries.