Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Author Topic: 2nd Bijū Cohort Call-to-Arms! (Council Member Discussion ONLY, please)  (Read 4078 times)

Dart Terumī

• View Profile

I can already tell that this topic will need to be created so I'm going to nip it in the bud.

Calling the 2nd Bijū Cohort into action!

Matters to be discussed:
1) Can an individual player challenge with multiple characters simultaneously?
1a) If so, does that player then inherit the entire challenge list that comprises of their alts?

2) Does a "loss" automatically initiate the cooldown of the other player's characters if allowed to simultaneously challenge?

3) Can a single character mass challenge for all the Bijū?
3a) If so, can that indidivual have more than one Bijū challenge happening at the same time?

If I think of other matters, then I'll edit this first post to add in the questions. Please be advised that this is discussion meant for the Council to discuss first and foremost before getting the popular opinion.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
Re: 2nd Bijū Cohort Call-to-Arms! (Council Member Discussion ONLY, please)
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 09:18:11 AM »

1) My opinion is that only 1 character per player can challenge for 1 beast at a time. No multi-accounts challenging for the same beast, back-to-back.

1a) Clearly, if one would inherit a list that comprises of their own accounts, then that's abusing the challenge system.

2) If a player is allowed to challenge for one beast with all his/her accounts at the same time, then yes, I say a loss initiates the cooldown period for all the characters in order to give other people a shot at the beast.

3) My very firm belief that only 1 character can challenge for 1 beast at any given time.

3a) 1 challenge at a time eliminates one player from stealing away the opportunity of fair challenge to other players.

In my mind, I believe that we need to amend the clause that allows for 1 person to hold more than one Bijū. I very, very firmly believe that it should be 1 Bijū per PLAYER, not character.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 10:37:18 AM »

1a) If so, does that player then inherit the entire challenge list that comprises of their alts?

2) Does a "loss" automatically initiate the cooldown of the other player's characters if allowed to simultaneously challenge?

3a) If so, can that indidivual have more than one Bijū challenge happening at the same time?

1: You can challenge a host with multiple bijuu for all of their bijuu with different accounts at the same time.
1A: This doesn't have a defined rule that I'm aware of.

2: No, the 3 month cooldown is based on bijuu, not character.

3: Yes. I could (and anyone else) challenge everyone at once if I wanted to.
3A: Yes. Most matches are OOC.

--------------------------------

So as it is the only issue I see is the 1a question. Ryoji can technically challenge Athos on all of his alts for a specific bijuu.

I don't like the idea of someone flooding a challenger's list with alts though. We should add a rule for that.

--------------------------------

Even though Ryoji is doing this out of pure spite there isn't a rule he's breaking.

After losing a challenge, you may not challenge the same host for the same beast for three (3) months. However, you may challenge this same host for a different beast in his possession without waiting.

-----------------------------

Regardless of what happens Ryoji can only fight Athos 4 times. After that he has 3 months to wait.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 12:40:48 PM by Shadow, the template guy »
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 09:25:16 PM »

I can already tell that this topic will need to be created so I'm going to nip it in the bud.

Calling the 2nd Bijū Cohort into action!

Matters to be discussed:

If I think of other matters, then I'll edit this first post to add in the questions. Please be advised that this is discussion meant for the Council to discuss first and foremost before getting the popular opinion.

1. Yes, but I believe with one character each. Example is your main challenges for the 3 tails, an alt for the five, and another alt for the 8. Not I challenge you with 10 characters, making it so no one else can fight you, have fun running the gauntlet.
1a. Above solutions solves problems.

2. As Shadow said, it does per beast. But if you can challenge a beast with one character at a time, the cooldown will work as intended.

3. Sure, unless multiple fights are IC, than no.
3A: As Shadow said. Hence why my biju fights are IC. Prevents a lot of confusing things.

So basically my opinion is you get one challenge per biju, with whatever character you want. But you may not challenge a host with like 10 alts and prevent anyone else from making a challenge for like a year.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 09:24:54 AM »

first of all...
--> The Rule: A host must create a thread with the name of his or her bijuu in the title to the Bijuu Arena board, and use this thread to: state his or her preference for battle, keep a list of challengers, indicate if he or she is a new host and when his or her grace period will be over, and post any notices of absence.

--> The Answer: he couldn't make a valid challenge if he wanted to cause not even one host has made their personal tracker thread...as is stated in the rules.

I feel this is a huge issue. All hosts need to get on that right now.

Then only challenges made to those threads ever be honored.

like it says in the rules.

And shadow is right, he can challenge for other beasts.

================================
Now let me bring something to your attention....

Matters to be discussed:
---> The rule: There is no limit to the number of bijuu one person can own.
---> The Answer: Yes, an individual player can challenge with multiple characters simultaneously.
--> The Rule: The challenger list of the former host/owner is inherited by the new host/owner of a bijuu. You may still take the 14 day grace period before beginning discussions on setting up your first match even though your new bijuu comes with challengers.
--> The Answer: Yes, the challenge list is inherited if the challenger beats the existing host.

--> The Rule: After losing a challenge, the defeated challenger may not challenge the same host for the same beast for 3 months. However, he or she may challenge this same host for a different beast in his or her possession without waiting.
--> The Answer: Yes, each alt is subject to the cool down rule for the specific beast it was used to challege in the event of a loss.

--> The Rule: There is no limit to the number of bijuu one person can own.
--> The Answer: Yes, a single character can mass challenge for all the Bijuu.

--> The Rule: The challenger and the host have 1 week to set up and begin their biju match.
--> The Rule: During a match, hosts and challengers must make a post to the match once every 7 days.
--> The Rule: A Host or Challenger who fails to make a post to the RP match once every 7 days, without posting a notice of absence to the forum host thread in question, will forfeit the match. During this forfeit, the bijuu will either remain with the host, in the event of challenger inactivity, or be transferred to the challenger, in the event of host inactivity.

--> The Answer: The individual MUST run all the challenges at the same time due to the activity clause or forfeit the match.

All of these things do not need to be discussed. A rule already exists for each of them. the council looks at the rules, were they broken? Then we do something about it. We do not sit here and make up rules.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 07:42:35 PM »

They do need discussed because I'm asking, specifically, between the difference between a player and the player's characters.

All the rules' wordings say is "challenger". But it does not specify who the "challenger" is.

Is the "challenger" the individual character? Or is the "challenger" the writer behind the text?

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 04:42:46 AM »

Call for an edit of the rule then, because as per the discussions held when the rule was created....challenger meant the character, not the player.

As it stands, he can make challenges for other bijuu. He can host more than one beast. If he couldn't it kind of makes collection them pointless.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 11:14:56 PM »

Quote from: My Answer
1. Yes, surprisingly it is allowed. No rule states that I can't challenge with multi-chars or using one single character to accomplish the task. How do you think some players managed to gather the bijuu?
1a. This is in reality a defined rule. Kayenta even pointed it out to those that forgot to read the rules on the wikipedia.

2. As Shadow said, it does per beast. But if you can challenge a beast with one character at a time, the cool-down will work as intended.

3. Sure, if the fights are OOC. However if the multiple fights are IC, than no.
3A: Sure, but it will be a slippery slope to climb in hopes of winning in your endeavors. This is why some players have IC fights in oppose to OOC fights.

They do need discussed because I'm asking, specifically, between the difference between a player and the player's characters.

All the rules' wordings say is "challenger". But it does not specify who the "challenger" is.

Is the "challenger" the individual character? Or is the "challenger" the writer behind the text?

The rules that each character list is their own preference and the rules on the wikipedia are just general rules that are to be followed by the jinchuuriki.

The challenger is the one invoking the right to challenge for that specific beast, usually this is done ahead of time and the character for the challenge is stated in a forum thread. But it can go either way, since last minute changes can change the line-up of each character vs character and the jinchuuriki can either allow it or not.

But like Kayenta said, the discussion that were held in regarding the rule, meant the character, not the player. If anything, it will be up to you if you want to call for an edit of the rule or not.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2016, 12:16:24 AM »

Well, Kay seems to echo my thoughts.

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 19 queries.