Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: FYI: ALL Host and Challengers MUST comply with the RULES [MOD ATTENTION!!!]  (Read 12540 times)

Hazama

• View Profile

If you do not see your preferences/challenger list thing posted within a day or two of this edit, PLEASE add yours yourself.

I'm faintly inpatient but I did mine for you, Eric <3 Try and make things a little easier for you.

Thanks.

Now I just have to see if this deals with the challenge thread issue once and for all.

PS

Make sure each thread's challenge list is only for that biju's challengers, not a compilation of all of your challengers overall.

Oh I wish I was just compiling all my challengers, but that is my challenger list for each of my beasts, as it stands until the council makes it decision.

Oh. Right.

I know, right? >>
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile

What in the world are you doing Eric?

Each HOST is to make their own thread. So that they are the owner of the thread and can edit it. So that you do not have to link to another thread to find out what their preferences are but can find all that information in one place.

I feel this is ridiculous. What was so hard to understand about this rule?

A host must create a thread with the name of his or her bijuu in the title to the Bijuu Arena board, and use this thread to: state his or her preference for battle, keep a list of challengers, indicate if he or she is a new host and when his or her grace period will be over, and post any notices of absence.

Hazama

• View Profile

What in the world are you doing Eric?

Each HOST is to make their own thread. So that they are the owner of the thread and can edit it. So that you do not have to link to another thread to find out what their preferences are but can find all that information in one place.

I feel this is ridiculous. What was so hard to understand about this rule?

A host must create a thread with the name of his or her bijuu in the title to the Bijuu Arena board, and use this thread to: state his or her preference for battle, keep a list of challengers, indicate if he or she is a new host and when his or her grace period will be over, and post any notices of absence.

Which is exactly what happened only Eric broke his back to do something to try and help you and your OCD, especially since everyone else was fine with Kamu fixing up the outdated list (another thing you called and demanded) just for BOTH things you demanded to be done so you could spam the forum and tell them how they did wrong and essentially crap on what they did? :\

I fail to see what the problem is right now. I can edit my post at any time to update my challengers or rules, and all the beasts now have fancy titles, numbers, names and everything... Also like you wanted o.o

I fail to see why you've got to be hostile towards people only trying to do what you said >>
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile

I see.

The rule stated that each host has to create a thread. People voted on that.

I am not the only person who commented that individual threads would be best, after I brought the matter to their attention.

And it was not until your issues over continued problems with Bijuu challenges, keeping them straight and without contention among the participants, That I even broached the subject to begin with.

sometimes a little OCD is just what is required in order to organize things in a proper manner so that they work smoothly.

I have removed my numerous posts to all the threads created by Eric because that was excessive and uncalled for.

However, despite my own momentary triggered response, the initial complaint remains valid.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile

Everybody needs to take a chill pill and just give your beasts to me >.> I love you long time. That's all I can offer... I'm pretty broke. :D

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Eric

• View Profile

What in the world are you doing Eric...

Kayenta,

I made a thread for each of the beasts so that each of the hosts can post their preferences and claim that thread space whenever their turn is up. That is to make the transition between hosts simpler, so that we do not have to keep having this drama whenever a new host comes up. Plus I said that I would get on splitting up the threads and felt bad for Kamui putting in the effort and stuff...

More objectively, the only alternative was to threaten to strip most if not all of the hosts for non-compliance and see if they make the threads exactly as the rules dictate. It was less work just making those biju threads for them and then telling them how to use them properly in the first post.

If the Council rules that the hosts must make their own threads or be stripped. Then I will go forth, tear down those threads, and admit that I went from one silly mistake to another. Otherwise, I am going to not be the rules stringent one this go around.

Everybody needs to take a chill pill and just give your beasts to me >.> I love you long time. That's all I can offer... I'm pretty broke. :D

Your character is pretty sweet too...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 04:04:48 AM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Teostra

• View Profile

More objectively, the only alternative was to threaten to strip most if not all of the hosts for non-compliance and see if they make the threads exactly as the rules dictate. It was less work just making those biju threads for them and then telling them how to use them properly in the first post.

It's their responsibility if they want the beasts, they should do it themselves. Plus, a new topic can easily be made when a host loses their beast and another gains it.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Eric

• View Profile

It's their responsibility if they want the beasts, they should do it themselves. Plus, a new topic can easily be made when a host loses their beast and another gains it.

When, as a mod, I read this:

I have added a tag to the title for MOD ATTENTION

this is something they will have to correct.

It went from a "let the Council handle it" to a "ok mods are coming in to do something".

We were called in to split the compilation threads so that each host has their own thread. Kamui went in and cleaned up the compilation thread, but did not decompile them. I started to decompile them, got frustrated when some of the posts were for hosts and not for individual biju, and then realized that making biju challenge threads would nip it in the bud once and for all.

If Kayenta wanted the hosts to correct their own issue, then she would not have asked us to fix it is the way I see it. If the hosts were supposed to make their own threads (make new ones I mean) then we should not have been called in, "mod attention" should not have been in all caps in the title, and Kayenta should have gotten the Biju Council to do its job of enforcing the biju rules.

Because that's not in the moderator job description. Enforcing the biju rules is the Biju Council's job.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

JayJay

• View Profile

What in the world are you doing Eric...

Kayenta,

I made a thread for each of the beasts so that each of the hosts can post their preferences and claim that thread space whenever their turn is up. That is to make the transition between hosts simpler, so that we do not have to keep having this drama whenever a new host comes up. Plus I said that I would get on splitting up the threads and felt bad for Kamui putting in the effort and stuff...

If the Council rules that the hosts must make their own threads or be stripped. Then I will go forth, tear down those threads, and admit that I went from one silly mistake to another. Otherwise, I am going to not be the rules stringent one this go around.

Your character is pretty sweet too...

Awww :oops:

Would the old topic (old host) have to delete theirs in the act of losing their beasts, with the new host creating this new topic?

Otherwise, I believe we should just keep the topics as they are and new hosts can create their preferences below the old host, so that we can also have a history of the containers as well. Also with a level of mastery when/if they were to lose said beast. Just so those that didn't master the beast have to start over, while those that did master the beast can continue with that complete mastery. Cause, it shouldn't simply leave the character's mind on how training went with the beast.

When, as a mod, I read this:

I have added a tag to the title for MOD ATTENTION

this is something they will have to correct.

It went from a "let the Council handle it" to a "ok mods are coming in to do something".

We were called in to split the compilation threads so that each host has their own thread. Kamui went in and cleaned up the compilation thread, but did not decompile them. I started to decompile them, got frustrated when some of the posts were for hosts and not for individual biju, and then realized that making biju challenge threads would nip it in the bud once and for all.

If Kayenta wanted the hosts to correct their own issue, then she would not have asked us to fix it is the way I see it. If the hosts were supposed to make their own threads (make new ones I mean) then we should not have been called in, "mod attention" should not have been in all caps in the title, and Kayenta should have gotten the Biju Council to do its job of enforcing the biju rules.

Because that's not in the moderator job description. Enforcing the biju rules is the Biju Council's job.

Yes, calling the Mods attention to something the Hosts should do, doesn't seem fair when you get mad at the mods for fixing the problem. Though, that's my last say on the matter and will go back to being the peacemaker.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile

I called in a mod to get rid of the multi-thread and to sticky the personal threads that each host would make. I had to call for a mod to do that part because people who are not mods cannot do this for themselves.

I did not call for a mod to make a decision on if the RULE THE COMMUNITY VOTED UPON should be used as written or not.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile

What this has done Eric is taken the responsibility of activity away from the host and placed more work upon your shoulders and those of the other mods. As it is now, constant editing will have to be performed by a mod every time a new host is born for each bijuu. The threads are to be HOST specific, not BIJUU specific.

It was also proposed that a player could use one thread to use for all his beast. And I was fine with that. NOW a player will not have that option either.

And I fail to see anywhere in the words that I have written, that THAT is what I was asking for when I called in for a mod to do the board functions mentioned in my last post.

JayJay

• View Profile

Just do what I did >.> Easy peasy, Eric deletes preference part of the topic and we go from there. The host gets their editing rights back and the topic stays Biju focused instead of player focused. That way it's easier, in my eyes. Either way, I like how Eric set things up and I like how Kay forced a clean up. Got everybody involved, because nobody wasn't really worried about any of that.

Eric

• View Profile

What this has done Eric is taken the responsibility of activity away from the host and placed more work upon your shoulders and those of the other mods. As it is now, constant editing will have to be performed by a mod every time a new host is born for each bijuu. The threads are to be HOST specific, not BIJUU specific...

I'm sure you read the first post on each of those threads. No mod will have to constantly edit. The rules state that the host must make a thread with the biju name in it listing their information. Well, the title is the name of the biju, and subsequent posts are updates to that challenge thread. No mod edit required.

Honestly Kay, I am sorry for misunderstanding you. I am not going to touch anything else on this matter, unless the Biju Council does its job and makes a move on this, just to be sure I am not laboring in vain.

From the get-go the only ones who had to do anything were the hosts. If they fail to do so yet still, then call a Council hearing to have them all stripped of their beasts for failing to comply.

*PS

It was also proposed that a player could use one thread to use for all his beast. And I was fine with that. NOW a player will not have that option either.

That's still against the rules. Each thread for each beast owned.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 04:46:44 AM by Eric »

JayJay

• View Profile

From the get-go the only ones who had to do anything were the hosts. If they fail to do so yet still, then call a Council hearing to have them all stripped of their beasts for failing to comply.

Hey, come on, there's no need to go that far... I just got this beasty T.T

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile

no one is stripping anyone of anything Jay. You did what you needed. It is hardly your fault that no one seems to be able to agree what to do with that once you did.

However, I will point out one final time...editing by mods will have to be done if the thread is BIJUU specific and not HOST specific.

Jay has the two tails. Jay loses. OMG, I know, right?

Now Jay's preferences have to be removed. All the challenges and stuff that were made to JAY now are trash for the new host to have to weed through...in order to find the posts that are directed to him.

The new host is Shadow. Then OMG Shadow loses...

Now the Shadow Preferences have to be edited out. And there are even more trash challenger posts and activity announcements and void discussions to wade through for the  new host...KAYENTA to wade through...

and here we are on page 12 of an activity thread that is supposed to make things easier for me and my challengers to use... WHILE WAITING TO HAVE A MOD COME IN A EDIT MY LOGS FOR ME>>>>
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 16 queries.