Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: HOW TO BRING ISSUES BEFORE THE COUNCIL  (Read 4520 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
HOW TO BRING ISSUES BEFORE THE COUNCIL
« on: January 02, 2017, 05:15:04 AM »

I know this has been explained several times. But i must do it again.

If you have a complaint, make a thread, title it Attention Council: [topic]
Make an opening post in the thread laying out your complete concern. then go away and shut up.

Whoever you are bringing a complaint against must then make a post defending/explaining his/her side of the story. then go away and shut up.

Then the council members begin discussing the issue and gathering facts.

WHEN AND ONLY WHEN YOU ARE CALLED UPON TO ANSWER QUESTIONS OR PRESENT EVIDENCE NOT INCLUDED IN YOUR INITIAL POSTS...and yes I mean you mister complaint bringer and you mister defending party....

THEN YOU CAN POST IN A POLITE MANNER AND GO AWAY ONCE YOU HAVE ANSWERED THE QUESTION AND PROVIDED ANY CALLED FOR DOCUMENTATION.

I will not make quotes of the bad behavior in the current topic, you know who you are, we all know. I am only on post # whatever it is on the first page and could already care less because there is bickering going on.

And you know what is stupid about it? You are in the right. It is obvious. You are going to get a good ruling here. So can it already. Sheesh.

Respect the process and it will respect you!

Eric

• View Profile
Re: HOW TO BRING ISSUES BEFORE THE COUNCIL
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 05:45:15 AM »

Maybe there should be a public discussion before a formal presentation to the Council as a sort of middle ground on this issue, and then the presentation to the Council can come after a little bit of public discussion on the matter.

The point of this extra step? Well, first of all, it is inevitable that people are going to want to discuss the topics. It is also inevitable that, in some cases, some public chatting about the matter can lead to a resolution, even one done in spite. After the public chatter a Council member can formally bring the matter to the Council (similar to what the previous cohort did, especially near the end) and the Council goes from there with necessary discussion and moving forward.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 05:50:30 AM »

I would not object to this...

only....

I think that ti will just be a forum for personal attacks and creating of bad feelings between the parties involved.

I think we need to move away from this way of communication. It is more important than anything or anyone that we behave and play nice.

The prevalence of sniping at each other just cause you get triggered...it's a personal problem and really no one need to see that shit.

This is not 4chan /b/.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 06:47:44 AM »

I would not object to this...

only....

I think that ti will just be a forum for personal attacks and creating of bad feelings between the parties involved...

For all practical reasons, if people want to personally attack each other on the forum, then outside of stricter moderation (I.E, The Aces and Kamuis' are coming! With an Eric riding along in the red wagon!) there is no way to stop that if they really desire it. If the sniping in any form is considered a red letter offense warranting moderation, then that would in theory put a stop to it for good.

But then, limiting speech except for purely espousing the facts will be protested against. Even in village square, I don't tend to moderate folks unless they curse, post something obscene, or start getting Real Life stuff involved.

I admit it, my proposal is not really the fixing the problem of people hating on each other in the middle of what is supposed to be a civil discussion. But I'm of the pessimistic sort, and I do not feel that requests/orders without punitive consequences will make much headway in the heat of the moment.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 08:12:06 PM »

My issue is that it is anxiety-inducing to watch people talking about you and potentially making ill-formed opinions about things you know are wrong. Like Dart bringing up ex post facto laws, that's great and all but has no relevance outside of a court of law, so  I don't want to sit here for days and potentially watch everyone form an opinion around that inherently wrong idea and then have to talk everyone out of it.

If it is that big of a deal to the council that they have privacy I think you should make a sub-forum like Kiri has for the SSM. The person will bring the problem forth, you guys can take it to your chambers to discuss it while the general public talks about it here on this forum and then you can come back and join us when you're done. What about that?
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 09:33:55 PM »

My issue is that it is anxiety-inducing to watch people talking about you and potentially making ill-formed opinions about things you know are wrong. Like Dart bringing up ex post facto laws, that's great and all but has no relevance outside of a court of law, so  I don't want to sit here for days and potentially watch everyone form an opinion around that inherently wrong idea and then have to talk everyone out of it.

If it is that big of a deal to the council that they have privacy I think you should make a sub-forum like Kiri has for the SSM. The person will bring the problem forth, you guys can take it to your chambers to discuss it while the general public talks about it here on this forum and then you can come back and join us when you're done. What about that?

The issue here isn't privacy. The council is supposed to operate with transparency. The issue in fact is those involved with the topic. Arguments start and clog the topic with useless posts. Usually it's the accuser and the accused. It makes since that the council would only want 1 statement and then 1 rebuttal from each to display their cases. After that the council takes over and debates on it.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 09:48:00 PM »

Well my issue is I have every right to post in any topic made here. All I imagine in doing it the way you are saying is we each make one post and then the first council member to responds misunderstands something and then you guys spend a couple days talking about something based on a faulty understanding of an issue or whatever is happening and then I go, "Ok good discussion, it was all pointless because X is actually Y, but that was fun to watch I guess."

Is it possible to change the permissions of one of these boards so that everyone can see it but only the council can post there? But that's the only way I see it working. The council can make their own discussion topic for just them there.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 10:13:37 PM »

Well my issue is I have every right to post in any topic made here. All I imagine in doing it the way you are saying is we each make one post and then the first council member to responds misunderstands something and then you guys spend a couple days talking about something based on a faulty understanding of an issue or whatever is happening and then I go, "Ok good discussion, it was all pointless because X is actually Y, but that was fun to watch I guess."

Is it possible to change the permissions of one of these boards so that everyone can see it but only the council can post there? But that's the only way I see it working. The council can make their own discussion topic for just them there.

I don't have a problem with those involved in the topic to post. I seem to be in the minority though....so long as it doesn't turn into what you and Dart did with the back and forth debating.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 10:40:07 PM »

I don't have a problem with those involved in the topic to post. I seem to be in the minority though....so long as it doesn't turn into what you and Dart did with the back and forth debating.

I wouldn't call two messages exchanged a particularly intense back and forth but ok.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2017, 11:40:04 PM »

Well my issue is I have every right to post in any topic made here. All I imagine in doing it the way you are saying is we each make one post and then the first council member to responds misunderstands something...

Maybe if the accused and accuser clearly and fully explain the situation from the get go council members wouldn't misunderstand the situation so easily.

Half the time the accuser and accuser withhold something or another because neither bothered to think about the important information to both make a decision and to understand the situation.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 11:52:35 PM »

Well my issue is I have every right to post in any topic made here. All I imagine in doing it the way you are saying is we each make one post and then the first council member to responds misunderstands something...

Maybe if the accused and accuser clearly and fully explain the situation from the get go council members wouldn't misunderstand the situation so easily.

Half the time the accuser and accuser withhold something or another because neither bothered to think about the important information to both make a decision and to understand the situation.

Can you give some specifics because I have no idea what you're talking about.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2017, 12:14:12 AM »

What do you mean by "specifics"? If a Council member misunderstands the situation, it is usually because of the way that it is presented by the presenters, I.E, the accuser and the accused.

When you say "specifics", are you asking for examples or something?

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2017, 12:21:54 AM »

What do you mean by "specifics"? If a Council member misunderstands the situation, it is usually because of the way that it is presented by the presenters, I.E, the accuser and the accused.

Yes.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2017, 01:36:38 AM »

Yes.

I'll admit, after some digging (particularly searching some strip threads and, I have come up with no specific example to give. Some more searching might yield something, but I think I'm just going to say that my memory on this topic is different than what I can find by searching the first 7 to appear "strip" threads.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2017, 02:44:24 AM »

I know this has been explained several times. But i must do it again.

If you have a complaint, make a thread, title it Attention Council: [topic]
Make an opening post in the thread laying out your complete concern. then go away and shut up.

Whoever you are bringing a complaint against must then make a post defending/explaining his/her side of the story. then go away and shut up.

Then the council members begin discussing the issue and gathering facts.

WHEN AND ONLY WHEN YOU ARE CALLED UPON TO ANSWER QUESTIONS OR PRESENT EVIDENCE NOT INCLUDED IN YOUR INITIAL POSTS...and yes I mean you mister complaint bringer and you mister defending party....

THEN YOU CAN POST IN A POLITE MANNER AND GO AWAY ONCE YOU HAVE ANSWERED THE QUESTION AND PROVIDED ANY CALLED FOR DOCUMENTATION.

I will not make quotes of the bad behavior in the current topic, you know who you are, we all know. I am only on post # whatever it is on the first page and could already care less because there is bickering going on.

And you know what is stupid about it? You are in the right. It is obvious. You are going to get a good ruling here. So can it already. Sheesh.

Respect the process and it will respect you!

+1

The issue here isn't privacy. The council is supposed to operate with transparency. The issue in fact is those involved with the topic. Arguments start and clog the topic with useless posts. Usually it's the accuser and the accused. It makes since that the council would only want 1 statement and then 1 rebuttal from each to display their cases. After that the council takes over and debates on it.

+1

That is the whole concept of the council. They are a 3rd party, non-neutral entity that you are willingly subjecting yourself by bringing a topic up for them to debate.

The plaintiff explains their entire side.
The defendant explains their entire side.

The council debates on it.
A decision is made by the council.

The council then brings that decision to both parties where further deliberation has a potential to be had.

But if one party or the other consistently keeps posting and arguing with either the opposite party or with a council member, then that only further lengthens the entire ordeal, clutters the thread so the actually meat of the conversation is lost, all around just annoys everyone involved, and has a strong chance of creating a negative reply for the arguer.

Like...how do you not see that at all, Athos? It is not a hard process at all, it's even less hard to simply sit back and wait for the outcome to unravel. That is why we have the council. That is what it was made for. Well, bijū-related only topics.

Other threads, feel free to post away whenever you feel like.

The council thread is different. We are a jury. You came to us with problem, you explained your side. Now let us discuss amongst ourselves.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.