Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: Time limits  (Read 2197 times)

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Time limits
« on: January 12, 2017, 02:18:12 PM »

I'm sure we're all tired of things like this, so I just wanted to ask a quick question / make a quick suggestion.

Since time limits are a concern, why don't the bijuu holders put dates besides names when they add someone onto their challenge list? That way there's no question about going over time or whatever.

Is there also a time limit between when someone's added to the list and when they have to fight as well? That might alleviate some issues. I know it's 7 days to post per fight, but is there a time limit to when one starts?
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
Re: Time limits
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 06:41:00 PM »

I'm sure we're all tired of things like this, so I just wanted to ask a quick question / make a quick suggestion.

Since time limits are a concern, why don't the bijuu holders put dates besides names when they add someone onto their challenge list? That way there's no question about going over time or whatever.

Is there also a time limit between when someone's added to the list and when they have to fight as well? That might alleviate some issues. I know it's 7 days to post per fight, but is there a time limit to when one starts?

I was hoping that someone would bring this up or I would've done it.

I never had a need to put dates next to my challengers due to me keeping the bickering down to a minim and keeping contact with that individual. I mean, it could work for those that are eager to get their chance at that specific beast and that person could use it to keep track of who is next in line for a shot.

Time limit for the start of a match or adding someone to their list? No, there isn't any sort of universal rules besides that both must agree to the match before it starts. Do you want to impose a time limit for the starting of matches?

I would suggest that jinchuuriki and bijuu holders also start using a countdown ticker for their matches, cool-down periods and vice-versa. (I might start using this format that you suggested to keep evidence of activity and all that jazz.)

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 06:47:11 PM »

The challenger and the host have 1 week to set up and begin their biju match.

When a challenger posts onto the beast thread of the host/summoner, their challenge has an automatic timestamp on it. 7 days after that is the time limit. I mean, making more work for the hosts/summoners is always an idea, but I don't think it's entirely necessary at this point to have another time limit location.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 10:59:21 PM »

Okay, so there is a policy in place for that. I was just wondering if people could just sit on challengers who aren't proactive instead of kicking them to the back of the line if they don't act fast enough. And listing times could keep any time-related complaints to a minimum, considering there seem to be lots of them.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 11:15:53 PM »

Okay, so there is a policy in place for that. I was just wondering if people could just sit on challengers who aren't proactive instead of kicking them to the back of the line if they don't act fast enough. And listing times could keep any time-related complaints to a minimum, considering there seem to be lots of them.

Kicking from the challenge queue is something that was done in the past. I imagine if the next in line were to complain and the host go, "Dude, I got no response from the other person-" and it went to Biju Council, said challenger would get the boot.

Other than that, proving fault on the part of the challenger or the challenged when it comes to hashing the details of the fight is the hard part.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 07:10:45 PM »

I always figured that the order of challenges would go right down the list.

If you keep track of these things in the official activity/preference thread...then there is a legit record of them.

when a match is over, post the result and announce you are ready to begin setting up the next match. pm that person on SL too. though it is their responsibility to be checking your thread.

but if you do not hear from that person in the 7 days...as stated is the time limit to set up a  match, certainly put that person at the bottom of the list, announce you are now moving to the next in line.

my thoughts on the matter...such as they are. I think that unless there is some question that needs council attention...then why go to them for everything if a rule already covers the issue at hand?

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.