Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: When does the Council Strip?  (Read 2794 times)

Eric

• View Profile
When does the Council Strip?
« on: January 12, 2017, 07:04:41 PM »

Okay, so while I was tempted to post in the thread that prompted this question, it seemed that that matter was already done. I just want to be entirely clear though for future reference (everybody's) and maybe even propose an official rule or two.

Does a warning/notice have to be "official" before the Council takes action? Because I don't remember voting for that at any point, and don't recall acting that way during my time in the 1st Cohort. If anything, "any" public notice that the rule was being broken was enough to constitute a warning, especially if from a council member.

And also, last I checked, breaking any rule willfully was grounds for stripping because following the rules is part of the host's job description. The point of the Biju Council was to enforce the rules; whether it be strip or otherwise, there should indeed be a punishment for not making a preferences thread. If you have a character with a beast, there needs to be a post about your preferences and stuff in the biju challenge thread.

I do not agree with Athos' handling of the situation either, but I am far more concerned about what the current Council members' opinions on the matter are towards their situation.

You shouldn't be stripped for not having a challenge thread. That's stupid. Not that big of a deal IMO...

All of this +1000.

I couldn't have said it better or more civilized.

Then what rule is that big of a deal? Is it a on a basis of whim? Only the ones that are explicitly stated to be strippable offenses, any other case after that is entirely up to the Council? If this current Council is going to enforce the rules unevenly, then obviously the punishment for breaking each and every rule needs to be explicitly written into the new rules, because THIS is untenable in the long run.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 07:05:20 PM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hazama

• View Profile
Re: When does the Council Strip?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 07:20:08 PM »

The rule just says, "and for everything else a warning then a strip." So technically everything is covered.

The process for getting a warning meted out needs to be more clear. Does a topic need to be made and brought to the councils attention? Can any council member give a warning does it require a vote?

We'd also need a time period limit for things like what Genesis is doing because he should get a warning for not making his topic, if the council decides to enforce the rules today, but then after that's it's not like he's going to not make his topic a second time, it would be like he gets a warning and has a week to fix it or something, you following?
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 07:53:24 PM »

The rule just says, "and for everything else a warning then a strip." So technically everything is covered.

The process for getting a warning meted out needs to be more clear. Does a topic need to be made and brought to the councils attention? Can any council member give a warning does it require a vote?

We'd also need a time period limit for things like what Genesis is doing because he should get a warning for not making his topic, if the council decides to enforce the rules today, but then after that's it's not like he's going to not make his topic a second time, it would be like he gets a warning and has a week to fix it or something, you following?

You're right, a warning is warranted if the consequence is going to be stripped. If the consequence is going to be anything but a strip though then the rules don't really specify that a warning has to be given from what I read.

Still, that's probably be a little too technical, a warning for every offense is indeed warranted with the current set of rules regardless of how things may have went before. The nature of this warning though, should be as general as a confirmed violation being brought to the public's (including the offender's) attention by a Council member. I don't think a vote should be required for a mere warning.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 07:05:10 PM »

If/when a warning is given out...either individually or by council consensus...as is to be decided...

It should be stated that it is an official warning. Perhaps as a reply post to the Host's official activity/preference thread. Stating explicitly why one is issued.

why? well to avoid assumptions and misunderstandings and the failings of memory should the number of warnings ever become an issue.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 02:01:57 AM »

Council members should be competent enough to issue a warning when there is a rule being broken without having the council as a whole vote on it.

When the warning is issued it needs to be outlined as such. Maybe a......get ready for it......template? :P

I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 01:54:35 AM »

Council members should be competent enough to issue a warning when there is a rule being broken without having the council as a whole vote on it.

When the warning is issued it needs to be outlined as such. Maybe a......get ready for it......template? :P

Agreed to the first part.

We are stilling for a template here, Shadow!

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 02:14:06 AM »

To repeat from my previous post, *IF* we decide official warnings can be issued by any individual council member, a PM must be sent to all other council members about the warning that was issued.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 03:23:36 AM »

To repeat from my previous post, *IF* we decide official warnings can be issued by any individual council member, a PM must be sent to all other council members about the warning that was issued.

I already sent out the PMs.
Convening a meeting to issue a warning seems silly considering we all can't be active as the others.

And a warning can only be issued when a rule is being blatantly ignored and violated, which in this scenario, it is. I'm not standing by while we continue to allow it to happen.

I issued a warning to Genesis for refusing to comply to the bijū rules that we were elected to enforce.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 01:06:15 AM »

If/when a warning is given out...either individually or by council consensus...as is to be decided...

It should be stated that it is an official warning. Perhaps as a reply post to the Host's official activity/preference thread. Stating explicitly why one is issued.

why? well to avoid assumptions and misunderstandings and the failings of memory should the number of warnings ever become an issue.

I like the idea of issuing the warning to the individual preference thread, because it can allow people to see the record of how... obedient that particular host is to the biju rules as a whole. The more times one has to be warned, the greater the punishment could be. I'm not going to name drop anybody, because none of us are perfect, but damn, each and every one of us can read. The rules state that this must be done, that must be done, make sure you do this  and that. If we (the royal we, meaning the hosts) cant comply by the rules and continue to do things in spite, then strips are in the near future. The amount of warnings should also strongly persuade the council that this particular host doesn't like to follow the rules. And God forbid it's one of the Council Hosts that's not following the rules and being disobedient. They're supposed to be role models, for the most part, a group that we hold in a bit of a higher standard, to be the epitome of rule followers. Now, I saw somewhere about three strikes and one's out, but lets make it four. If a host ever got to four, they're put on probation for three months. Now, granted, I don't know each and every rule there is to anything on the site, but that's just because I had never needed to really pay attention to what was and what wasn't possible for one to do. I only cared about RP and having fun with my little group of friends... and I mean little.. like, damn....  :smt089 I don't remember what I was talking about now

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2017, 02:22:35 PM »

I never received a Pm. Did any other council member?

Anyway...I think the warning being in recorded in the activity thread is a good idea too. As Jay says, it might be necessary to have a log of how many times the council has had to step in a deal with rule breaking.

I already sent out the PMs.
Convening a meeting to issue a warning seems silly considering we all can't be active as the others.

And a warning can only be issued when a rule is being blatantly ignored and violated, which in this scenario, it is. I'm not standing by while we continue to allow it to happen.

I issued a warning to Genesis for refusing to comply to the bijū rules that we were elected to enforce.

----------------->
Imma edit this in...I did find the PM that was sent, to Kayenta on SL. it is faster to reach me with PMs on the forum as I get email notification straight to my phone. But thank you for keeping me informed!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 04:36:02 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 19 queries.