Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Re: Attention Participants in SWF, the Battle Royal for the Gedo  (Read 15833 times)

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
Re: Attention Participants in SWF, the Battle Royal for the Gedo
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2017, 07:54:04 AM »

I don't understand your explanation for why there would not be any behind him. A good way to visualize the attack would be if you drew 25 dots on a piece of paper and they formed the shape of a circle. That is descending on Dart with him in the middle so there are some on all sides of him. 

If Dart wants to claim that not all of the spheres are coming to his position at the same time because of Jay's post that's fine with me. I would like to hear him say that though.

Also as far as Sharingan mastery is concerned Dart's own bio says this.

Kekkei Genkai:
├溶 Yōton
├沸 Futton
└写輪眼 Sharingan

So he is not at the absolute maximum level for Sharingan, if that is relevant.

He explained it perfectly?

They have to travel from Point A (which is your hands) to Point B (my last known locale). In doing such, they would have to spread out in their formation *first* before wrapping around towards my back.

They literally have to come at me head-on and spread out in order to get behind me.

And yet my wikia explicitly  states otherwise:

http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Dart

They go up and out from my hands which are extended above my head and arc down on you from above. Was that not clear?

"That only left Dart, who was airborne but the closest to Athos and the attacks, which aimed to come down and around the man so to close off his escape and almost chase him towards the ground like a falling cage before he would meet a gruesome death like the lot of them."

I'm above you and you are below me and they travel in an arc from my hands down on top of you.

Ok. Update your bio.

Edit: And are you claiming they don't all approach you simultaneously because of Jay's post?

I already answered this post in the edit. Please check.

And no, I don't have to "fix my bio" because there is nothing wrong with it. An Eternal  Mangekyō Sharingan is still a Sharingan. Just the most advance stage of it.

Besides, updating the bio makes it look ugly with all the kanji in its place and my bios are set up to be easy to read and aethisically pleasing to the eye.

EDIT: I didn't see the paragraph talking about being above.

That would have been the original case if you had accept that your jump would have put you in a higher spot beyond the clouds....but you rejeted that notion vehemently. AND that's only I had never moved from my location inside the rain.

As I was lead to believe then, with your violent refusal of agreeance, then I would be even level with you, thus they can't really come down and surround me any longer. Eric agrees with that like he stated in last post.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 07:57:53 AM by Dāto Terumī »

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2017, 07:59:46 AM »

You're still not answering the question about the claim regarding Jay's post.

Yes a cage like a bird cage.

Each metal beam is a Dust Release blast and they surround you as they descend, except there are more blasts in the middle of the "cage" as well. I'm sorry if my explanation has not always been consistent.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2017, 08:06:25 AM »

You're still not answering the question about the claim regarding Jay's post.

Yes a cage like a bird cage.

Each metal beam is a Dust Release blast and they surround you as they descend, except there are more blasts in the middle of the "cage" as well. I'm sorry if my explanation has not always been consistent.

Edit: I'm not sure how to make an image pop up. I followed the same tags as you did. Here's the link: https://postimg.org/image/wdu777o3n/

And this is how it would look coming towards since we are in the same level. You're not above me, I'm not above you.

This is how I see it.
This is how Eric sees it as well with his explanation in his post.

The other balls would indeed arc down because everyone else is below you. I'm not, and that's ruled by the judge himself.

Your manner of describing inconsistently has been of one the real major issues in this entire argument.

What question regarding Jay's post?
Eric already answered his concerns?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 08:08:39 AM by Dāto Terumī »

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2017, 08:14:46 AM »

I said they'd fall down on you from above and that's what you posted accepting. I'm unclear as to how either of you think they're coming at you from the side. Even if you're at the exact same elevation as me they'd still arc up from my hands and come down on you from above.

Eric said that you could claim not all the spheres reach you simultaneously because of how Jay worded his post which I am accepting. I said that you could but I want to hear that come from you not Eric.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2017, 08:17:32 AM »

Could you two refrain from posting responses to each other for the night? Because I am the only one you need to convince and I am both calling it a night and not faster than your responses.

If a temp lock is needed by me then say the word, but arguing back and forth will get you two nowhere till I respond.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2017, 08:18:50 AM »

If I could just get Dart's answer on my question about him accepting the details from Jay's post then I'd be fine calling it a night

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2017, 08:25:22 AM »

I said they'd fall down on you from above and that's what you posted accepting. I'm unclear as to how either of you think they're coming at you from the side. Even if you're at the exact same elevation as me they'd still arc up from my hands and come down on you from above.

Eric said that you could claim not all the spheres reach you simultaneously because of how Jay worded his post which I am accepting. I said that you could but I want to hear that come from you not Eric.

I may have originally posted acceptance of the arc in my original post, but not in the repost which you demanded.

So the way that Eric has stated means that's the way they are coming.

The only thing that Eric is mentioning about Jay's post is that you didn't have a problem with him re-writing the post to fit his own response, then it's completely unfair for you to have a problem with me acknowledging the actual intent of the technique and avoiding it the correct manner that doesn't rewrite your attack completely.

So, I can't give you an answer to a question that doesn't have a true basis for the argument.

With that all said, I'm going to bed now and am done conversing for the night. Eric needs time to read these last few posts and if we keep going back and forth, then it's going to take longer for him to make a final judgment call.

So, I'm stopping and going to wait for Eric to make an official ruling on the matter and not fight or argue or complain on what his decision is.

I'm done stressing about this game.
This was suppose to be a fun fight, not a shitstorm.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2017, 08:33:20 AM »

If you accepted it then you accepted it. You don't get to change that because a judge made you repost, that's not a reward.

Because I'd argue there's a difference between Jay changing a detail to make his post more cinematic and you changing a detail to avoid dying. Jay still made an appropriate dodge.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2017, 08:42:06 AM »

Could you two refrain from posting responses to each other for the night? Because I am the only one you need to convince and I am both calling it a night and not faster than your responses.

If a temp lock is needed by me then say the word, but arguing back and forth will get you two nowhere till I respond.

Eric, I'm going to lock it, ok?

He doesn't seem to be getting the hint in not posting any more. And I'm tired of getting the email notifications. Hahaha.

Oh, and to clarify so my integrity isn't being questioned, I'm locking it as the author of the thread, not a moderator. I would never abuse such gifts so wildly.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2017, 05:49:00 AM »

Part of me wants to address everything, but I think this decision has been delayed long enough by me wanting to be excessively thorough.

Briefly, I will explain that, the way that Athos' attack has been seen by myself and Dato is not that they are coming as the picture depicts in a wide up and down fashion akin to mortar fire, but more like the truth seeking balls in that they start out with a linear path, not a parabolic descent.

Even with that viewpoint, I am still skeptical of your speed buff's magnitude. Athos fires off the balls, some of them head towards you. You move 1000 yards in an unspecified arc in what is certainly less than 3 seconds. Assuming that the arc is not particularly sloped (almost linear really so as to make the following estimates more reasonable) and that is indeed 3 seconds and not sooner, then you are moving about 333.333 yards per second, or about 681 mph, just under the speed of sound. If you move 1000 yards in 2 seconds then you have long breached the sound barrier and caused a sonic boom (500 yards a second).

Lightening your load is one thing, but need I remind you that your character is not exactly aerodynamic:

1) You have a sword still withdrawn. However shorter than a katana it is, you never stated putting the special shortsword (the Weaknessless Soaring Shortsword) back in its place.

2) On each hip from the beginning of the fight you have two more katana.

3) 5 watertight scrolls that have whatever sealed in them.

4) Two more additional item pouches.

5) Greaves.

In descending order of what would surely affect your movement if it stayed attached to you, I find it highly unlikely that all of this stays on you while moving at these kinds of speeds, nevermind being able to even get to those kinds of speeds with so much adding to the forces against you moving fluidly through the air nor not one of the fist sized balls clipping them.

Even Sasuke dodging Danzo wind bullets got grazed by one of them. 

My ruling is that I see no way for you and everything on you to be completely unaffected by Athos' spheres, nor that you quite get to 1000 yards this post (let's call it 500 yards instead). If I tell you that you have to lose one of your items to falling off or even grazing, then that would give Athos your location and he could, presuming that the homing balls can also go upwards, send them after you long before you get to the 1000 yard mark, which could result in more grievous injuries.

I am torn between declaring you dead this post or just forcing you to accept some damage to your person and have Athos follow up in his next post. Granted, depending on how it is done, the latter does give you a chance to try to survive as you will have more options given to you, but that would require arbitrarily deciding what on you gets vaporized and what stays.

I am not sure if I could even ask you two to come to a consensus on that sort of thing given this thread, so I am settling on:

The arm with the shortsword, gone almost right to the shoulder blade (causing you to drop the shortsword), the ordinary katanas both sheared almost to the hilt, and your hairbun and the capsules with the scrolls vaporized as well.

If you feel that that is no better than dying, then you are free to take that option as well.

That's my ruling, and I do not envy Trev's favored judge position one bit at this point.  :-?

[P.S, still ended up with a super long post.]
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 05:50:31 AM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2017, 06:00:13 AM »

Part of me wants to address everything, but I think this decision has been delayed long enough by me wanting to be excessively thorough.

Briefly, I will explain that, the way that Athos' attack has been seen by myself and Dato is not that they are coming as the picture depicts in a wide up and down fashion akin to mortar fire, but more like the truth seeking balls in that they start out with a linear path, not a parabolic descent.

Even with that viewpoint, I am still skeptical of your speed buff's magnitude. Athos fires off the balls, some of them head towards you. You move 1000 yards in an unspecified arc in what is certainly less than 3 seconds. Assuming that the arc is not particularly sloped (almost linear really so as to make the following estimates more reasonable) and that is indeed 3 seconds and not sooner, then you are moving about 333.333 yards per second, or about 681 mph, just under the speed of sound. If you move 1000 yards in 2 seconds then you have long breached the sound barrier and caused a sonic boom (500 yards a second).

Lightening your load is one thing, but need I remind you that your character is not exactly aerodynamic:

1) You have a sword still withdrawn. However shorter than a katana it is, you never stated putting the special shortsword (the Weaknessless Soaring Shortsword) back in its place.

2) On each hip from the beginning of the fight you have two more katana.

3) 5 watertight scrolls that have whatever sealed in them.

4) Two more additional item pouches.

5) Greaves.

In descending order of what would surely affect your movement if it stayed attached to you, I find it highly unlikely that all of this stays on you while moving at these kinds of speeds, nevermind being able to even get to those kinds of speeds with so much adding to the forces against you moving fluidly through the air nor not one of the fist sized balls clipping them.

Even Sasuke dodging Danzo wind bullets got grazed by one of them. 

My ruling is that I see no way for you and everything on you to be completely unaffected by Athos' spheres, nor that you quite get to 1000 yards this post (let's call it 500 yards instead). If I tell you that you have to lose one of your items to falling off or even grazing, then that would give Athos your location and he could, presuming that the homing balls can also go upwards, send them after you long before you get to the 1000 yard mark, which could result in more grievous injuries.

I am torn between declaring you dead this post or just forcing you to accept some damage to your person and have Athos follow up in his next post. Granted, depending on how it is done, the latter does give you a chance to try to survive as you will have more options given to you, but that would require arbitrarily deciding what on you gets vaporized and what stays.

I am not sure if I could even ask you two to come to a consensus on that sort of thing given this thread, so I am settling on:

The arm with the shortsword, gone almost right to the shoulder blade (causing you to drop the shortsword), the ordinary katanas both sheared almost to the hilt, and your hairbun and the capsules with the scrolls vaporized as well.

If you feel that that is no better than dying, then you are free to take that option as well.

That's my ruling, and I do not envy Trev's favored judge position one bit at this point.  :-?

[P.S, still ended up with a super long post.]

Definitely an overkill on the items but whatever, that's fine.

Continue the farce, I mean fight.

I'm going to lock this now, mmk?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 06:03:43 AM by Dāto Terumī »

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2017, 06:07:24 AM »

I've got no issues with any part of that decision. I will do my best to make Dart even saltier with my next post.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2017, 06:09:34 AM »

I've got no issues with any part of that decision. I will do my best to make Dart even saltier with my next post.

You're welcome to try.

Be prepared to make your own topic.

I'm locking this one as author and would appreciate it not being opened again. ^^
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.