Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Tori no Kuni SL RP Event  (Read 10740 times)

UettoSenju

• View Profile
Re: Tori no Kuni SL RP Event
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2017, 01:28:47 AM »

Also I think I'd be cool to void death during the event. Instead if you get a fatal wound or such you are out until the next week due to having to heal. Or out for two weeks.

Also why not just make it really interesting and add in chakra caps as well?

Death timeouts being Mission based instead of time-based might be more sensible in this case.

However, I do caution against piling every possible reform into one Global Event. If players need to make a profile wikia page the length of mine just to list the stuff that they're limited to, then that system has become waaay too complicated for this first run imo.

From what I'm seeing we haven't gotten to that kind of length yet, but just some extra nickles I have. :)

I said a week due to the it being said mission would be a week time frame.

I didn't think it would be a huge thing to apply but perhaps. I still thank that a chakra pool cap would be cool though.

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2017, 02:12:20 AM »

Hrm, my main focus in the Tori no Kuni Arc is story telling. I do want people to have enough freedom to be able to express their creativeness while sticking to their roles as not everyone can be the Protagonist. Nor can everyone be the evil Sith Emperor. So a balance is preferred from me.

This Story Arc will be set after the event Warren has done chronologically. Even if you're currently up to something character wise, you may time skip ahead as long as the gap in between is able to connect from point a to b type deal.

I want ideas on how to play the spirit Yatagarasu who is essentially the Messenger Deity worshipped in Tori no Kuni. It's a 3 legged crow spirit of black fires said to be Heaven's Messenger. The Torii were built to honor it. It apparently has the power to bless/make land fertile when channeled through a worthy vessel, being certain Shrine Maidens. The summonable Torii Gates are an extension of its power. My thoughts so far is it will make an appearance at the end of the Arc. Perhaps it will grant a blessing if the Tori Miku line is restored.
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2017, 02:28:43 PM »

I want ideas on how to play the spirit Yatagarasu who is essentially the Messenger Deity worshipped in Tori no Kuni. It's a 3 legged crow spirit of black fires said to be Heaven's Messenger. The Torii were built to honor it. It apparently has the power to bless/make land fertile when channeled through a worthy vessel, being certain Shrine Maidens. The summonable Torii Gates are an extension of its power. My thoughts so far is it will make an appearance at the end of the Arc. Perhaps it will grant a blessing if the Tori Miku line is restored.

And a curse if the line isn't? Or just no special blessing at all?

I think that it is reasonable to assume that something like this would be somewhat detached from ninja civilization, and so probably won't be popping out standard ninshu stuff. If Warren's event gives any indication as to what spirits tend to have in their arsenal, it is probably a being overflowing with vitality (IE, Serean is overflowing in corrupt spiritual power) that can be granted or taken not necessarily at whim, but as easily as a tailed beast can manipulate its own chakra.

Now, since there may be individuals who want to capture this creature, I think it is a safe assumption that you either make it uncapturable like trainer pokemon (in most pokemon games) or  give it some fighting ability so that it can defend itself. After all, if the creature won't willing bestow its blessings on the land, force might be on the mind of those who would have to otherwise live in a land with no fertile soil.

I said a week due to the it being said mission would be a week time frame.

I didn't think it would be a huge thing to apply but perhaps. I still thank that a chakra pool cap would be cool though.

A chakra pool cap can be implemented, but then the amount of chakra each jutsu used would need to be accounted for and tagged to a number in some shape or form. Easy if it has a rank, not so easy if it doesn't have a rank.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 02:31:03 PM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2017, 10:06:01 PM »

Alright, so here is the system I had in mind that's taken from the other game I GM. Bear in mind that it can be altered if some people don't want too many restrictions, like Charka costs.

Name:
Title:
Bounty: 両 0
Tailed Beast:
Chakra Nature:
Kekkei Genkai:
Health: 100/100
Chakra: 0/0
Passive Ability:
Basic Stats
Strength:
Speed:
Chakra:
Advanced Stats
Hand Seal:
Weapon:
Taijutsu:
Ninjutsu:
Genjutsu:
Luck:
Ninjutsu
Kekkei Genkai/Special Abilities
Tailed Beast
Bag
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Basic Stat Cap: 200
Advanced Stat Cap: 5

Strength: Your physical prowess, but it also determines how strong your Jutsu hit for. For example, Fire Ball at 50 strength instead of 30 hits harder.

Speed: The speed at which your character moves. This can help determine if he's able to do things as fast as he says and if his opponents are fast enough to react. Someone with 50 speed going against someone with 10 is obviously going to have an advantage.

Chakra: Your Chakra capacity; how much you can hold. The more you have, the more Jutsu you can perform.

Hand Seal: How fast you can perform hand seals for Ninjutsu and if you can perform actions such as one handed seals or no seals whatsoever for Jutsu that usually require it.

Weapon: Your ability with a weapon. Kunai, sword, whatever it is it determines how well you are with it; your skill. Your speed and strength obviously play into this as well, but this is your skill with it; doing things like disarming and the like.

Taijutsu: The same as Weapon, essentially, but with your fists. A guy with 50 Strength and Speed could beat a guy with 100 Strenght and Speed if he was skilled in the art of Taijutsu whilst his opponent was not.

Ninjutsu: Your Chakra control. The better it is the less your Jutsu cost when performing them.

Genjutsu: Your ability in Genjutsu as well as your ability to break out of Genjutsu. If you have no skill in this and you get caught in a Genjutsu, then you're gonna need help getting out; however, if you do, then the higher it is the easier it becomes to break or even reverse the Genjutsu.

Luck: Determines how well you perform on dice rolls. Have a 0 in it and you roll a 9? You keep the 9. Have a three in it and you roll a 9? You have 11 now.

This is what I use for the game I GM over Skype which I know SL is vastly different from. I think it'd be fun to limit ourselves with this system, Eric's system, or something similar; however, on the same hand I'm aware that SL has always been about freedom and I'm completely fine with GMing the event with the regular SL rules. If this is used, though, then we can obviously change some things around like removing Chakra and Ninjutsu as, unless you guys really want to limit yourselves, these can't be used because it would require me to give Chakra costs to ALL of the techniques that you have and most of us have at least a hundred. Again, if everyone wants to actually do that and pick ten or so Jutsu, then I'll put the work in to take your submitted character sheets, give costs, and get them back to you before starting the event. As for the caps, Eric had asked the question as to why Basic Stats capped at 200 and Advanced capped at 5, and the simple answer to that is that it's easier to manage. Judging one's strength from 136 strength isn't too difficult or hard to explain, but determining someone's Jutsu cost with 136 Ninjutsu as opposed to something like just 3, is much harder to do and explain.

Again, we don't have to use this, but I figured I'd throw out the system that's worked for me for years and see how you guys like it. I tried to explain everything as best I could, but I'm sure I missed some stuff. If you have any questions feel free to ask. :D
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 10:11:23 PM by Nathan »

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2017, 11:07:56 PM »

First Hokage versus Fourth Hokage ... Have to say Camel man prolly has the advantage xD

If I happen to roll a 20, which in that case it would be a critical hit and I roll a 1...well damn. This is exactly why I would love some DnD dice elements to be added, since it gives everyone a fighting chance.

Nathan has the right idea with his system. It was something that I was able to personally attend and also observe over on Skype.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2017, 11:52:01 PM »

Haven't people been trying to use systems before? The whole hero's guild subsection was full of ideas and stuff. =/ People sounded interested but it all fell through because no one actually stuck with it. Hell, I was even considering making one of those. I just wonder if this will be the same story as every other time his has been tried.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2017, 01:00:06 AM »

I don't get the dice stuff... off topic but just saying for anyone else who might not. However, I'm probably that one idiot lol.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2017, 01:02:16 AM »

I don't get the dice stuff... off topic but just saying for anyone else who might not. However, I'm probably that one idiot lol.

I think this is an example of how they work http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,9133.0.html

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2017, 02:43:58 AM »

I think this is an example of how they work http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,9133.0.html

That's the way they work in DnD which is pretty complicated, but in regards to mine dice rolls really only a occur when a decision cannot be made so it's left up to chance. Very rare, but it happens. If this is something we use for the event, I'll probably use dice rolls for, say, hiding, sneaking, etc.? Not quite sure atm.

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2017, 03:19:24 AM »

Admittedly am a tad confoozled by having to figure out every other little stat if such a system is implemented & thus nomimates Eric to do the initial calculations for Tomi & go from there <_<

As for jutsu cost and all that jazz, I've actually done some of that for Tomi already. For example, the summoning of a single Torii can deplete a 5th of his overall chakra pool, can ustilize Hiraishin up to 30 to 50 times assuming he did no other jutsu, etc. Again, I stress those numbers go down the moment other techniques are utilized.

As for Yatagarasu, I was considering having it be a rumored source of the Blaze Release in Shinobi Legends. As in its feathers are very similar to Enton. Of course, it would require the approval of other members of SL to be such a fable. Yatagarasu for the sake of things would have the power level of a tailed beast, but could not be captured, does not personally fight, & so forth in this story arc.

Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2017, 03:21:54 AM »

Haven't people been trying to use systems before? The whole hero's guild subsection was full of ideas and stuff. =/ People sounded interested but it all fell through because no one actually stuck with it. Hell, I was even considering making one of those. I just wonder if this will be the same story as every other time his has been tried.

You're telling me x.x I created the system and tried hard. Could never get anyone to stay...

But anyway, I wouldn't mind truly restricting myself even with the chakra limits. But it does fall apart like Teostra said, I always think it is worth a shot. A DnD sort of approach(Obviously not with actual dice rolling) could be fun.

Nate's idea isn't bad and the set up isn't bad but it then raises questions like what the boost for having a Bijuu is, how much chakra something would use, and so one and so forth.

I am just down to get involved in some fun RP xD
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2017, 03:45:25 AM »

They key is to not get bogged down in whatever system that we are going to go with so that we can focus on the actual storytelling, which is much harder than I think we are giving it credit for. With that said, quick post vote on preferred system to use as a framework. After 3 days time (2/17 endtime) we'll use whatever system has the most votes as a basis so that we can start getting to work on crafting the Missions.

Already posted here in this thread are Eric's and Nathan's, but others have professed having come up with systems of their own. Post that system here. You can change your vote, but make sure you strikethrough your old vote and type in your new one below it (don't just delete your old vote).
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2017, 07:46:22 PM »

I like both methods but if we are 'taking a vote' then I prefer Eric's method because it follows a formula I already know o.o I mean, plus he kinda did mine for me.

If anything, it wouldn't hurt to expand Eric's idea with some of Nate's but I ever liked the ranking numbers that have like 100 or 75 o.o I know how it works and how Nate would do it but my preference is Eric's method.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2017, 06:27:54 AM »

I vote for my system, because, I mean, what kind of signal would it send out to not vote for my own at least? >.>

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2017, 06:48:24 AM »

Chakra has always been a difficult subject every time it's brought up. Like http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8853.0.html and http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8891.0.html

The problem with setting different chakra limits with each rank is what exactly determines one's rank? In regards to the series, Naruto pretty much went from Acad to Genin to Hokage. Despite being a genin, he defeated Kakuzu, Pain, and even Kaguya (with Sasuke's help, who was also a genin).

So how will you determine everyone's rank who participates in this event? Technically, I think the only 'Official' Chuunin is TezukaNatsuki, who completed the 2015 Chuunin exams. If you let everyone pick their own status, then I'm certain everyone would pick Kage.

Or would you go by village status, so only actual 'Kages' would get the kage chakra cap? Still, I would like to see how this all turns out and how you manage to do it. Believe me, I've tried before :) The Hero's Guild is a testament to our joint efforts. It sucks that we couldn't take off, but that's just the nature of the beast and I wish you good luck!
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 16 queries.