Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Poll

How should clones/summons/other beings action limits work?

You and your clones/summons all get their own 3 actions
- 1 (14.3%)
You get three actions and each clone/summon gets 1
- 2 (28.6%)
You and all your clones/summons must share the same 3 actions
- 4 (57.1%)
This does not need to be made a rule
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Requesting an Addition to the Bijuu Rules  (Read 2119 times)

Hazama

• View Profile
Requesting an Addition to the Bijuu Rules
« on: February 13, 2017, 10:45:29 PM »

Since it is coming up more than a little I would like us to officially add the action limits for clones, summons, sentient beings other than yourself to the rules so it is not confusing anymore. It's one thing every one seems to have a slightly different opinion on. I added every variation I could remember. So do we think we can reach a consensus on this?
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Trev

• View Profile
Re: Requesting an Addition to the Bijuu Rules
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 11:35:49 PM »

As you know, I've always gone by there being 3 actions total, no matter what. It's like that way specifically with biju as summons and Edo Tensei, mine as well with everything else?

My main issue with every summon or clone or whatever getting three turns is that it is generally unfair. What if you're fighting an Aburame? Does each insect get an action? Or something less obscure, like someone using the animal path and spamming like five summons. Does each summon get like 3 actions each, so you're facing 15 just from summons? Or would you group all summons into the same 3 action limit? That too differs by player. I've seen people use multiple summons and have them all use only 3 actions, but I've seen the other way too. Or if you use a clone and a summon, do you get 9 actions?

So I just generally say no, as if you give an inch, people take a mile as the saying goes. As for a consensus, if one of the votes has an overwhelming majority, the community could go by that as a standard. But if it's somewhat close, I think it should just remain a preference
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 11:43:21 PM »

If it's a "swarm" like that then it would count as one creature to me. Besides even if it didn't what would they post? "Kikaichu 96 bites you three times, Kikaichu 97 bites you three times, ad nauseam"

I just don't think it's unfair because anyone can do it. Even if you don't have Animal Path you can summon whatever your animal summon is and those can actually use jutsu.

If people want it to be limited I won't fight it because I just want it to be decided one way or the other.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 11:57:35 PM »

I typically RP as them all sharing the same action. This concept was developed because of the threat of multi shadow clone jutsu swarms. The Edo Tensei rules also confer with this if I am not mistaken. I'm willing to see the summons getting 1 action of their own, but not anymore than that is reasonable imho.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 12:10:41 AM »

I typically RP as them all sharing the same action. This concept was developed because of the threat of multi shadow clone jutsu swarms. The Edo Tensei rules also confer with this if I am not mistaken. I'm willing to see the summons getting 1 action of their own, but not anymore than that is reasonable imho.

Again, the Edo Tensei rule was made when we thought Edo Tensei had infinite chakra in the literal sense of the word and could just make 1 million clones if they wanted to. I tried to get that rule removed since that isn't the case anymore but people like nerfing things too much so it was decided everyone wants to keep it on for no reason. :/

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 12:13:03 AM »

I'm currently with 3 actions shared. This is to avoid the clone spam that you could get if each clone got their own actions. 10 clones = 10 more actions.

Although....I wouldn't be against 1 action for the clone/summon if it's only one. No more than that. So you could summon 11 clones and only 1 of them gets their own action while the other 10 share with you.

Which could complicate things more than needed.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 12:24:11 AM »

3 main, 1 per buddy. That's what I've used and will keep using. Not like many people are really that good at balancing their buddies out anyway. Plus, the more partners you have, then the more you gotta keep track of. Since people can't really grasp the concept of skipping turns or standby phases, then it's a pain for the person utilizing buddies.

But yeah, 3/1.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 12:31:39 AM »

Again, the Edo Tensei rule was made when we thought Edo Tensei had infinite chakra in the literal sense of the word and could just make 1 million clones if they wanted to. I tried to get that rule removed since that isn't the case anymore but people like nerfing things too much so it was decided everyone wants to keep it on for no reason. :/

They still regenerate chakra extremely quickly; an Edo and its master getting their own turns would essentially be like fighting 2 people instead of just one. The point of the jutsu, but not desirable when Edo summoners can call out more than one Edo at a time.

Biju summons are handled in a similar way and they do not have completely unlimited chakra either.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.