Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Scripted Fights aka Fixing Bijuu Matches  (Read 10896 times)

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
Scripted Fights aka Fixing Bijuu Matches
« on: February 16, 2017, 05:29:28 AM »

Why is this becoming prevalent in bijuu matches? Why are those that know about this are willingly turn a blind eye at this?

This is what I am speaking about. Mail 1. Mail 2. Mail 3.

Now this beg the question. How is this ethical for a jinchuuriki to act when it basically sets everyone back that tries to earn a bijuu all on their own? I'll answer it for you, it isn't ethical at all to do that. However Shadow has pointed out that there is no rule from preventing this and he was aware of things going down like that, so a council member isn't unbiased anymore if you look at it from his perspective. It's a shit show and he can agree that it is pretty much making everything around here not fun anymore.

The way that I see it is by doing of this crap here, you're basically preventing from other newer players from one day achieving heir dreams of being a jinchuuriki. Unless you of course, happen to be acquainted with that jinchuuriki then you can count on having a chance of winning that beast you are aiming for. Now is that a fair and fighting chance?

Quite frankly I am tired of doing a damn good job at promoting RP and this kind of stuff goes around unchecked. I never even pulled something like this and if I did, you can bet that I would've been the center of the topic like right now.

I expect to be called every name in the book by exposing this, already have been called a terrible zone fighter by bringing this up. So what the hell? Lay it on me, verbally abuse me to get your jollies off and throw salt my way. I need the seasoning at this moment. (I found out that I needed more sodium in my diet.)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 05:30:56 AM by Camel »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Re: Scripted Fights aka Fixing Bijuu Matches
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 05:39:16 AM »

However Shadow has pointed out that there is no rule from preventing this and he was aware of things going down like that, so a council member isn't unbiased anymore if you look at it from his perspective.

This is true and I won't argue with you about most of it except the last part of me being biased as a council member. I'm not sure how this affects it any.

As said there is no rule. I've told you it is a very underhanded tactic and one that I would vote to ban in future fights.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 05:43:38 AM »

However Shadow has pointed out that there is no rule from preventing this and he was aware of things going down like that, so a council member isn't unbiased anymore if you look at it from his perspective.

This is true and I won't argue with you about most of it except the last part of me being biased as a council member. I'm not sure how this affects it any.

As said there is no rule. I've told you it is a very underhanded tactic and one that I would vote to ban in future fights.

Like I said in our mails, man. There should be some sort of transparency in all of this. The fact that a council member knew about it and didn't speak up or bring it into question is proof enough that some bias exist in our roster.

I am actually considering calling a vote on this, because I don't appreciate the underhanded tactics to get what that player wants. I am pretty sure that you can say that this is very unethical to be pulling on the community that is slowly dwindling; this sort of thing has an impact on the playerbase.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 05:48:40 AM by Camel »

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 05:48:26 AM »

That stuff's always gone on, ever since SLS formed. There's always been a group of haves and have nots, as well as a group of people who just don't care. My belief is that it always falls down to a lack of a system and power levels. Because we have no system, basically it's me arguing that my character is a gorillion time better at something than yours, and vice versa. It always seems to boil down to a mudslinging match and maybe, if you're lucky, one of them will explode and get banned like Bocc finally did.

This usually ends up with people either losing interest and quitting or just claiming more OC donuts in order to fit in with the crowd. I mean, who's going to keep climbing a mountain of someone at the top is constantly pouring lube and feces down your way? And also, there's no one stopping anyone from making an account, slapping some DP onto it to make it pretty, and then claiming this that and anything else. People would rather start with endgame gear and coast there (kind of like the whole casual video game scene). But can it be fixed? Maybe. I sure as hell have no idea how though. I just add names to the list of people I won't bother RPing with as a solution and that works for me.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 05:49:25 AM »

Shadow has pointed out that there is no rule from preventing this and he was aware of things going down like that

So this topic is about nothing? Glad we cleared that up.  :roll:

It's a Free For All, that means if we want to work together to eliminate people and better our own odds of winning we can.

How is it preventing new players from being a Jinchuriki when, #1 New players don't challenge for bijuu and, #2 99.99% of bijuu fights are not multi-man free for alls? For good reason I might add, as we see this fight is awful. Basically any fight is multiplicatively worse the more people there are involved if people are actually trying to win.

@Shadow You'd be banning what exactly? Being intelligent in a battle? What if we actually have an IC connection like Jay, you and I. We just have to ignore that we're allies IC and murder each other while people we have no attachment to are still alive? It doesn't make any sense. We're supposed to be ninjas right? Underhanded tactics are the literally the definition of what we're supposed to be doing. Remember Kisame murdering all his allies so Konoha couldn't get codes out of them? That's a real ninja. Honestly I'd say just completely ban any multiple person bijuu matches they should be 1v1, if we think this is a problem.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 05:49:49 AM »

Like I said in the mail, man. There should be some sort of transparency in all of this. The fact that a council member knew about it and didn't speak up or bring it into question is proof enough that some bias exist in our roster.

I am actually considering calling a vote on this, because I don't appreciate the underhanded tactics to get what that player wants. I am pretty sure that you can say that this is very unethical to be pulling on the community that is slowly dwindling; this sort of thing has an impact on the playerbase.

I still don't consider it a bias so much as me having a differing opinion on it. I knew of it, but there is nothing in place that says it can't happen as it has before.

The community is on the site, not here on the forums. Every player I meet; new or old. I always tell them to stay away from here as it's just one big shit show. Stay on the site and enjoy rp'ing there with friends. This is not a community friendly place to me.

------------
I'm also adding that once the two fights are over that I am rescind from everything bijuu and stepping down as a council members. It's not fun to me anymore.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 05:51:43 AM »

I shall say my peace on this since these are my messages being used.

I only agreed to focus on Yūjō as a "team" effort in the hope that I would be left alone enough for me to use my AoE abilities so I can hit everyone equally. Also,  him and I have never had a good track record of association so I figured I'd try to get Athos to 1v1 him to knock him out of the fight. Once he was excluded from the fight due to inactivity, however, I never agreed to going up against Kamui. Period.

With that said, my original intent in fighting in this brawl was to just have some fun that seems to be sorely lacking when it comes to these "major" events. As such, all I originally care for was having a good, fair fight.

Once the judges starting getting involved and making decisions that weren't wholeheartedly fair (i.e. the instantaneous Sage entrance for Athos but denying Kamui his), that's when I started becoming more emotionally attached to the fight. However, it wasn't until Athos and I started arguing that my intent changed entirely. At that point, I did want to win by any means necessary.

I will admit that I did not handle our arguments very well. In fact, I handled them very poorly, childishly, and unprofessionally. That is why I bowed out of the fight and sent these mails to Kamui and Eric. I was not emotionally equipped to bring up this subject and I was tired of being stressed out IRL over a silly game over fake stuff.

However, Kamui, you neglect to mention that I, too, am a Council Member and I knew about this dishonest and dishonorable tactic. Now granted, I did tell you and the Judge about it, but as Shadow states, there is no "official rule" that was broken.

Stepping back from being a friend and a player and viewing this situation as an unattached Council Member.... I cannot see anything being done about this situation. We could convene and choose to ban this from occurring from another FFA, but that decision would not affect the current fight, unfortunately.

All we can do is prevent another situation from happening.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 05:56:32 AM »

Let's just ban Bijuu fights being anything but 1v1. There is no benefit to making it multiple people. If it's a situation like the Mazo again just have a tournament. The tournies for the bijuu worked, the Mazo FFA did not. That's not a coincidence.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 05:59:08 AM »

Let's just ban Bijuu fights being anything but 1v1. There is no benefit to making it multiple people. If it's a situation like the Mazo again just have a tournament. The tournies for the bijuu worked, the Mazo FFA did not. That's not a coincidence.

For once, I agree with you.

I would add an addendum to this idea and prevent Edo Tensei from being used in Bijū Matches as that would put it Xv1.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 06:00:32 AM »

+1

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2017, 06:04:49 AM »

Like Shadow eloquently put it, this isn't becoming fun anymore and the community has changed over the years. The grim reality is that old players will leave and new players will come at the advice of the older players. Now it already at the point that these older players tell the newer players to stay away from the game and stick with their groups.

Look everyone, I don't want this site becoming like Legend of Bleach. Dead and no one on, nothing. Not a single player and not a single RP that is currently on-going. Which is likely to happen once I decide to up and leave this site. However you can bet that I will try to steer newer players towards the site, that way they can mold their creativity on here and hopefully one day become a "Shinobi Legend"

Athos's tactics are what holding us back from attracting a wider range of players that happen to be a fan of the show itself. I would like to impose a ban on anything like what Athos tried to do and make it an offense for anyone trying to pull that stunt like he did.

If I could I would call for a ban of bijuu, but we're already at that point where that idea is likely to fail.

PS: If we ban bijuu multi-fights on here, I want them banned on the server too. Because after all the idea for a tournament was thrown out there, but everyone decided on this FFA.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2017, 06:11:02 AM »

Oh yeah, Legend of Bleach, I wanted to make a character over there but it wasn't anybody on over there.... I'm gonna go check now... yups, nobody is on. T.T Poor bleach.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2017, 06:11:21 AM »

Look everyone, I don't want this site becoming like Legend of Bleach. Dead and no one on, nothing. Not a single player and not a single RP that is currently on-going. Which is likely to happen once I decide to up and leave this site.

Handsome AND modest? Please ladies, form a single-file line, there's enough Camel to go around.

So yeah let's make a vote topic to limit all bijuu fights to 1v1 then.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2017, 06:14:17 AM »

Handsome AND modest? Please ladies, form a single-file line, there's enough Camel to go around.

So yeah let's make a vote topic to limit all bijuu fights to 1v1 then.

It's attitudes like that that have been driving people away for years. Me included when I left back in 2010ish.

Hopefully, the new Boruto anime might bring a few new faces here...But if it stays they way it is, I don't see them lasting long <_<

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2017, 06:15:37 AM »

*rubs temples*

Rather than add moreso onto this:

1) A different judge, who was a Council Member, was accepted as the judge of the FFA. That was against the rules, and when brought up, said judge was replaced. If a Biju rule is violated and it is brought to light, the Council as a whole has the duty to enforce the rule, the simplest at this point being just don't do the biju ball related technique while there is a rule saying that no tailed beast balls may be used outside of tailed beast mode.

2) Finally, the cat is finally freed from its bag. Glad that's no longer floating behind the ship.
I don't need to repeat any of the stuff that has been said, and I don't feel like sprinkling too much of my opinion here since it's more on the experimental nature of the FFA than anything else. Most of the FFA issues have been player-player, very rarely has every player piled in and gotten into a heated discussion on this FFA. If that doesn't tell you something, nothing else about this FFA will.

3) Hm... Kayenta stepped down, Dato, Kamui, and Shadow are directly involved in the FFA... Hm, Council suddenly starting to look small again. It would come down to a vote between Hades, Trev, and Ace. And that's if there is no abstaining or inactivity occurence.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.