Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Land of Birds Arc (Plot Overview)  (Read 4225 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Land of Birds Arc (Plot Overview)
« on: February 17, 2017, 05:43:31 AM »

I have much written in my notebook, but I'll clean it up and condense it so that you all won't have to read how I think. ^_^

The following RP Event is projected to have 4 "acts", each one consisting of sub-plots that have fairly definite end points in the bigger picture.

1) Prologue
2) The Bird is the Word
3) Confrontation
4) Epilogue

Prologue

- Bird Country learns of Tommi's return while he is praying at the Torii Shrin, prompting them to invite him to meet with the Leadership.
- Tommi accepts this invitation, initially desiring to re-assert the Uematsu tradition without having to resort to violence.

* Tommi's proposal to re-instate the Shrine Maiden tradition conflicts with the Bird Leadership's status' as the protectors and fertilizers of the land. As a result, the Bird Leaders, not being strong enough to actually kill Tommi at this point, "request" that he renounce his family's claim to the Torii and all associated privileges that come along with that. Tommi refuses, prompting the Bird Leaders to demand that Tommi leaves the country. Tommi, being completely outnumbered and knowing that to kill the Leadership at this stage might cause him to have to fight the entire Country, leaves without a fight.*

~~ This causes Tommi to feverishly search for a woman capable of taking on the job. While he prefers an Uzumaki, his priority at this point is finding a suitable candidate. The Bird Leaders will send out envoys the world over in order to try to recruit powerful player character mercenaries to their cause, telling their own version of the History of Bird Country in order to better fit the narrative of the Shrine Maidens holding the country hostage to their abilities. This transitions into Act II~~

The Bird is the Word

- Bird Country is spreading the word about the situation that they are in (with varying spins depending on the person playing them).
- Tommi is searching for a suitable person to be Shrine Maiden.

* Bird Country, knowing that Tommi WILL be back, and perhaps in force next time, seeks out mercenaries to help them deal with Tommi. At this stage, they are still gathering support, ninjas, builders, traders, foreign recognition, etc. *

~~ Tommi, again, is focused primarily on finding a suitable candidate for Shrine Maiden, but upon stumbling on the recruitment effort for the Bird's, comes to the realization that that avoiding any conflict is highly unlikely at this point, and so does some recruiting of his own. Act 3 is not transitioned into until at least 8 player characters (other than Tommi) of any trade (ninja, doctor, propogandist, etc.) are involved on either side (straddling the middle does not count due to the nature of the 3rd Act). ~~

Confrontation

- With some force now behind them, Tommi and/or Bird Country now begin their plan of attack. The Bird Country leaders' main objective is to either kill Tommi or capture his candidate for Maiden in order to use her as ransom. Tommi's objective is to wear down the mercenaries, build up support for the re-instating of the Shrine Maiden occupation, and should the opportunity present itself, directly confront with the Bird leadership.

** Now is the time for the Bird Leadership to deploy any ninja recruited (including NPC's) with the aforementioned goal in mind. They will also have to ensure that they keep themselves safe, and upon Tommi attempting to sway the common man, counter Tommi's efforts to gaiin the support of the populace. **

~~ If for some reason Tommi has not selected a Shrine Maiden by this point, then his focuus will have to shift to dealing with the opposition before it gets any stronger. At this point, the Maiden may be a NPC character instead at this point. The next Act is transition into by one of the two sides achieving their primary objective.

Epilogue

** Either the Bird Leadership has become compliant (or replaced with complaint parties) or secured their power base. Due to the nature of this Event, however, player characters may decide to become the Bird Leadership by taking over the Country, or may deicde to try to seize the Torii contract for themselves. The Event will be declared over, then if:

Tommi is killed, The Maiden is killed at this point, The Bird Leadership is killed and/or replaced, or when declared as such by popular vote to be had here on the forum or in the MIssion Headquarters on SL.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 06:32:35 AM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
Re: Land of Birds Arc (Plot Overview)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 05:58:24 AM »

Eh ... the prologue feels iffy to me. Mainly because Tomi is tired of being labeled a traitor by less than nice people <_< Also, being 'outnumbered' by normies isn't exactly a thing for him. Finally, Eric knows Tomi enough now to call him Tomi Dx.

Also, you kinda forget that to 'seize' the power of Torii requires Tomi/the candidate to survive.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 06:02:52 AM by Timothy »
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 06:09:58 AM »

Eh ... the prologue feels iffy to me. Mainly because Tomi is tired of being labeled a traitor by less than nice people <_< Also, being 'outnumbered' by normies isn't exactly a thing for him. Finally, Eric knows Tomi enough now to call him Tomi Dx.

Also, you kinda forget that to 'seize' the power of Torii requires Tomi/the candidate to survive.

While I admit the Torii gate thing is something I had overlooked, I mean, from the perspective of the  Bird Leaders, the power that it has is the mythos, which is also the reason that reinstating the Shrine Maiden is a threat to them.

A less, labelling way of executing that would be simply to have Tommi go to pray at the Shrine, The Bird Leaders request a meeting, he says yes, he says he wants to restore the Legacy, Angry Brids say no and tell him to leave the country.

The outnumbered part is at least in part because, if Tommi were to strike down and kill the leaders, he'd have to fight the very country that his Maiden would be working to protect. Defeating the purpose. I mean, just 'cause Tommi CAN slaughter the entire country's military force in the span of a day or two doesn't mean it would be beneficial for him to do so.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Timothy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 06:12:11 AM »

That's better, Eric <_< thank you

You made it more reasonable/in line with the character's personality

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 06:33:54 AM »

That's better, Eric <_< thank you

You made it more reasonable/in line with the character's personality

Well, input helps since, you know, I don't know your character nearly as well as I know mine.  :P

Timothy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 07:36:12 AM »

True enough, to give a few more pointers, the Daimyo of the Land of Birds doesn't have the resolve to attempt murder on a Former Hokage. The leadership of the Bird Country I envisioned is out to keep its own power, but at the same time a tad cowardly. As long as it can maintain the 'status' quo' as Tomi himself ultimately won't pursue the issue if the life of the Shrine Maiden Candidate is put into sufficient danger. If it was known the Bird Country hired a hit on the 4th Hokage, it might set up the disfavor of the Fire Country. Tori no Kuni has enough resources to hire some ninja mercenaries. To challenge a land with a standing Shinobi Army is out of it's league as a minor country.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 07:38:55 PM »

*speaks in a girl voice, a very poorly imitated one*
I am willing to be the Shrine Maiden >__>;
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 08:01:39 PM »

I'll be the bird.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 08:04:31 PM »

True enough, to give a few more pointers, the Daimyo of the Land of Birds doesn't have the resolve to attempt murder on a Former Hokage...

And what exactly does "former Hokage" in this context mean anymore? Konohagakure in SL, while giving some honor and respect to its Hokage, does not hold its Hokage in the same regard as the canon one. Look at the Shodaime, he has been an Otokage. Look at Genesis (IC, not the OOC) and how he treated the village. No, in SL, Konoha would most likely not do much (I'm not going to say anything, Kite might take a different jet stream than the past) if your character was to be killed while trying to strip away the power of another soverign (albeit much weaker) nation.

Your character still has the title of Hokage, but his loyalties are not with the Leaf if I understand correctly. Would the leaf actually retaliate if Tomi was to be killed for this cause? That is something for a messenger to ask the currently active Hokage before any concentrated attempts to kill Tomi was to take place under direct orders from Bird Country.

And recall, the mercenaries hired are player characters; their main job is to get the Girl, but Tomi is clearly standing in the way of that. To not even attempt to kill Tomi would make their job much harder, and while the Bird Leaders might not openly sanction that choice, they would only condemn it if retaliation from Konoha is a very tangible threat.

As you said, they are cowardly, so they will easily bend if the likelihood of Konoha retaliating raises above say 40%. They are not even willing to risk a 50-50, and to make your death look like collateral, unless you have leaf ninja on your side who would testify otherwise, is something the Bird Country leaders would consider in the grand affair of things. Greedy but cowardly, it's a lose-lose if they tick off a major nation without the backing of another one (IE, what the Kage of the realm do will ultimately determine how dedicated they will be in their approaches) and fail to capture the Girl becuase of a noble sacrifice on Tomi's part.

I know the idea of this Country or the player characters backing them trying to kill your character is off-putting, but realistically speaking, while someone like Eric would rather avoid killing Tomi, someone like Shadow or Trev (non-leaf, little motivation not to consider you just a really big obstacle) most likely wouldn't have qualms about it.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 08:08:17 PM by Eric »

Timothy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2017, 04:51:28 AM »

Tomi does still have loyalties to the Hidden Leaf. To clarify, he's no longer on active duty obviously. Hence why among other things, he didn't attempt to arrest Nara Eric during their reunion.

As for the 'collateral damage' type deal. It's much more plausible. Just officially, Tori no Kuni's leadership would indeed publically condemn such an action, while as you said personally not care either way.

Obviously, if Death is indeed allowed within this event, it must go to show Tomi himself has a 'license to to kill' as well. You likely already figured that one out.

However, I envisioned Tori no Kuni Story Arc to be a 'filler' of sorts. The idea of any character whom a participant worked hard on sours my taste. More realistic yes, but still a regrettable outcome.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2017, 05:03:36 AM »

Tomi does still have loyalties to the Hidden Leaf. To clarify, he's no longer on active duty obviously. Hence why among other things, he didn't attempt to arrest Nara Eric during their reunion.

As for the 'collateral damage' type deal. It's much more plausible. Just officially, Tori no Kuni's leadership would indeed publically condemn such an action, while as you said personally not care either way.

Obviously, if Death is indeed allowed within this event, it must go to show Tomi himself has a 'license to to kill' as well. You likely already figured that one out.

However, I envisioned Tori no Kuni Story Arc to be a 'filler' of sorts. The idea of any character whom a participant worked hard on sours my taste. More realistic yes, but still a regrettable outcome.

Due to the way that the votes went, it would seem that my system is the one that we are going to be basing the characters off of. In my system death is a temporary matter, it lasts only for the duration of the Mission (IE, 2 weeks at most), not permanent, if I recall correctly.

I would not expect Tomi to withholding killing considering his past as a ninja. Of course, if it's really not desired, death can be cut out altogether, and people just vanish when killed or after losing X number of lives they are no longer able to put that character on MIssions or something.

Timothy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2017, 05:07:04 AM »

I was in favor of your system myself. Given the fact it's 'temporary', I have no further qualms.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2017, 05:36:44 AM »

Before I add it to Character Profiles as a guidelin for making LoB characters, a reminder of my system:

The system for stats and characters for the Land of Birds RP event are to follow the following guidelines:

============================================

The characters in this RP are in a "limited" state. The most powerful SL characters are tuned down to the specifics stat-wise, but for the most part are still capable of using most of their jutsu. The "banned" list, however, is fairly extensive:

Rinnegan

Tensaigan

Sage mode

More than 3 chakra affinities, including any advanced nature KG

Sound release jutsu that liquifies kaguya bone or steel

Izanagi

Kotoamatsukami

Kamui intangibility

Any Kamui that operates faster than 2 seconds

Any combination of speed enhancements that allows one to go faster than the speed of sound

Any combination of defense enhancements that allows one to achieve psuedo invulnerability beyond that of Ultimate Shield

Jashinist Immortality stacked with any defense (Earth spear for example)

Biju cloaks + speed and durability enhancing techniques

Completely instantaneous maneuvers or jutsu

Chakra absorption or cancellation barriers that exceed an area of effect of a sphere with radius 5m

Fuinjutsu that seals immediately upon contact.

Any custom techniques that violate the above restrictions

With that said, GM's cannot create NPC characters that: Violate any of the above list of bans, both knows everything and does everything (both knows the position of all of the people in Bird Country and can kill them all with sky lightning or something to that extent), or can only be defeated with a niche technique that no one in the Mission possesses or can use due to restrictions.
============================================

To make it easier for GM"s to make calls quickly during the fight, every player will be required to, in their in-game bio, list a summary of their "statistics" for the fight. This is to be used in character-character comparisons (if one player is faster than another, whether a punch from one player would cause significant damage to another, etc.). The stats chosen and what they do is based on the SL in-game stats, though not a perfect match. Everyone starts out with 10 (just like in the game) in each of these stats and may allocate up to 80 points (+20 for enhancements) in any combination they want, with 50 in each category being the max. This is to help GM's more objectively pick through certain scenarios, where a difference of stat scores makes it quick to determine the success/failure and extent of interactions:

Strength: Physical strength, physical resiliency

Dexterity: Speed, handiness with a weapon or tool, agility

Intelligence: Able to put two-and-two together, decode complex problems, and understand the world using knowledge not experience

Wisdom: Experience, ability to learn from experiences, chakra control, jutsu strength

Constitution: Willpower, chakra capcity, ability to resist torture, genjutsu and general tests of mental fortitude.

10 is E (acad), 11 is D (genin), 14 is C (chunin), 20 is B (Jounin), 30 is A (Sannin), 50 is S (Kage).

What are some suggested tweaks? I remember reading chakra limitations, dice rolling for lucky events, and a non-universal cap of 100 allocation points?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 05:47:59 AM by Eric »

Timothy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2017, 05:58:47 AM »

Wut, no Hiraishin? BOOOOO Dx

:P

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2017, 08:14:08 PM »

Wut, no Hiraishin? BOOOOO Dx

:P

Weird, isn't that kinda Tomi's thing? << Should at least let him use it.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.