Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: To the Player go the Spoils or to the Character? [discussion]  (Read 2974 times)

Eric

• View Profile
To the Player go the Spoils or to the Character? [discussion]
« on: January 02, 2017, 06:37:18 AM »

So, who gets the biju(s) when a victor wins a biju match? The character who fought or the player? For an IC match it is obviously the character, but since OOC matches are the only kind of matches for the time being, the matter is not as clear cut.

Might as well make a rule for it.

I feel that it goes to the player, and said player has to put it on some character very shortly after winning in order or at the latest right before the first challenge to keep the beast.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Re: To the Player go the Spoils or to the Character? [discussion]
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 06:39:10 AM »

This will only ever be a problem if there's a waiting list attached to the new host I feel.

New hosts automatically get 2 weeks to do what they want and in that time can't be challenged or the likes. They could give it to someone else in that time with no issues. Same thing I did with the kyuubi when I gave it to Bocc.

------

In the case that Athos and Genesis are in I'd say the character that fights has to defend it lest the waiting list person doesn't mind the change.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 06:42:30 AM by Shadow, the template guy »
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 07:35:25 AM »

The player gets it.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 08:21:21 AM »

This will only ever be a problem if there's a waiting list attached to the new host I feel.

New hosts automatically get 2 weeks to do what they want and in that time can't be challenged or the likes. They could give it to someone else in that time with no issues. Same thing I did with the kyuubi when I gave it to Bocc.

The grace period doesn't reset too, does it? Because if it does that is a major, gap that needs to be filled with utmost haste. Even if the grace period doesn't reset, the idea of biju gifting period I feel should be addressed somewhere in the rules, some kind of guidelines on that greater than: "Can't gift something you don't have".
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 08:29:38 AM »

The grace period doesn't reset too, does it? Because if it does that is a major, gap that needs to be filled with utmost haste. Even if the grace period doesn't reset, the idea of biju gifting period I feel should be addressed somewhere in the rules, some kind of guidelines on that greater than: "Can't gift something you don't have".

No. Grace period doesn't reset. It starts the moment the player gets the beast.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 08:31:01 AM by Dāto Terumī »

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 07:05:36 PM »

Player if the fight is ooc.

Grace Period doesn't reset.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 03:55:48 AM »

Pretty much sums it up... darn, I gotta start looking at these things sooner.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 04:25:46 AM »

Comments:
1] I think that if a player uses a character to acquire a beast...and they do not ever seal it in that character, that giving it away to anyone...even another alt...is fine. They have not become the new host, just the champion who won it. I would also include never using it as a summons either. That requires sealing the will of the Bijuu to that one character, even though he is not dwelling inside the body of that character.

2] If the player's character ever hosts or summons the beast...then they cannot give it away to other players or their own alts without facing the first challenger. This could set up a situation of the player never being able to make a transfer of the bijuu, if there are numerous challengers on the list. This should only be used to appease the FIRST challenger on the list. All the others know they might end up facing a different player/character if the owner loses that match. So they need not be considered in this situation.

However the situation plays out...communication needs to be dealt with through public notifications of the intended actions in the preference/activity thread of the player.

ALL CHALLENGE LISTS ARE INHERITED BY THE NEXT IN LINE.

Only new characters are entitled to a grace period.

Proposal:
Example 1:
Emily uses Kayenta and wins the 1 tails. Kayenta never hosts, never summons, she just gives it to Emily's alt, Yugito. Yugito inherits the challenge list. Yugito gets a grace period. Yugito cannot give it to anyone else. If Yugito didn't want it she simply tells Kayenta to give  it to someone else and saves us all a headache. If Yugito loses against the first challenger, it is someone else's mess and Emily is done. If Yugito wins against her first challenger and wishes to give the beast to someone else, she must post her intentions within the time limit to set up her second match or be forced to face her second challenger. This is listed in the rules as 1 week, which means 7 days. Yugito CANNOT give it to another Emily alt. It's rude to tie the beast up like that. Emily should have had her ducks in a row on what she wished to do with the beast before even having Kayenta fight for it. Kay is stronger than Yugito, but has no wish to ever host a beast. So that makes RP sense as well.

Example 2:
Emily uses Kayenta to win the 1 tails. She seals it in herself/uses it as a summons. Kayenta is now the official owner of the bijuu and subject to host/summoner rules. She has a grace period to commune. After that she has 1 week to set up the match with the first person on the challenge list that she inherited from the last owner. If she wins, she can state her intentions to give it away or begin setting up the second match. Which must occur within the 1 week time frame. If Emily chooses to give it to an alt, she has now fulfilled the obligation to the first person on the challenge list who knew without a doubt they would be fighting against Kayenta, and can make a transfer announcement. We then default to Example 1.

Example 3:
Emily uses Kayenta to win the 1 tails. She never hosts/summons it. She give it to Shadow. Shadow inherits the challenger list. Shadow gets to have a grace period. Then Shadow must set up the match with the first challenger on the list. After that first match, he can opt to keep going or give it away to someone else or to an alt. We default to example 1 or 2 as the case may be.

All challenge lists go with the beast no matter who has it. At the end of a successful match, the owner must post a conclusion.
ex: Kayenta wins, setting up next match with challenger on list.
ex: Kayenta loses, the winner was -- [insert name]
ex: Kayenta wins, giving beast away to Yugito. Yugito gets a grace period. She cannot give beast away until she fights the first challenger or refuse the beast to begin with.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 04:28:24 AM »

Pretty much sums it up... darn, I gotta start looking at these things sooner.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 04:39:28 AM »

Comments:
1] I think that if a player uses a character to acquire a beast...and they do not ever seal it in that character, that giving it away to anyone...even another alt...is fine. They have not become the new host, just the champion who won it. I would also include never using it as a summons either. That requires sealing the will of the Bijuu to that one character, even though he is not dwelling inside the body of that character.

2] If the player's character ever hosts or summons the beast...then they cannot give it away to other players or their own alts without facing the first challenger. This could set up a situation of the player never being able to make a transfer of the bijuu, if there are numerous challengers on the list. This should only be used to appease the FIRST challenger on the list. All the others know they might end up facing a different player/character if the owner loses that match. So they need not be considered in this situation.

However the situation plays out...communication needs to be dealt with through public notifications of the intended actions in the preference/activity thread of the player.

ALL CHALLENGE LISTS ARE INHERITED BY THE NEXT IN LINE.

Only new characters are entitled to a grace period.

Proposal:
Example 1:
Emily uses Kayenta and wins the 1 tails. Kayenta never hosts, never summons, she just gives it to Emily's alt, Yugito. Yugito inherits the challenge list. Yugito gets a grace period. Yugito cannot give it to anyone else. If Yugito didn't want it she simply tells Kayenta to give  it to someone else and saves us all a headache. If Yugito loses against the first challenger, it is someone else's mess and Emily is done. If Yugito wins against her first challenger and wishes to give the beast to someone else, she must post her intentions within the time limit to set up her second match or be forced to face her second challenger. This is listed in the rules as 1 week, which means 7 days. Yugito CANNOT give it to another Emily alt. It's rude to tie the beast up like that. Emily should have had her ducks in a row on what she wished to do with the beast before even having Kayenta fight for it. Kay is stronger than Yugito, but has no wish to ever host a beast. So that makes RP sense as well.

Example 2:
Emily uses Kayenta to win the 1 tails. She seals it in herself/uses it as a summons. Kayenta is now the official owner of the bijuu and subject to host/summoner rules. She has a grace period to commune. After that she has 1 week to set up the match with the first person on the challenge list that she inherited from the last owner. If she wins, she can state her intentions to give it away or begin setting up the second match. Which must occur within the 1 week time frame. If Emily chooses to give it to an alt, she has now fulfilled the obligation to the first person on the challenge list who knew without a doubt they would be fighting against Kayenta, and can make a transfer announcement. We then default to Example 1.

Example 3:
Emily uses Kayenta to win the 1 tails. She never hosts/summons it. She give it to Shadow. Shadow inherits the challenger list. Shadow gets to have a grace period. Then Shadow must set up the match with the first challenger on the list. After that first match, he can opt to keep going or give it away to someone else or to an alt. We default to example 1 or 2 as the case may be.

All challenge lists go with the beast no matter who has it. At the end of a successful match, the owner must post a conclusion.
ex: Kayenta wins, setting up next match with challenger on list.
ex: Kayenta loses, the winner was -- [insert name]
ex: Kayenta wins, giving beast away to Yugito. Yugito gets a grace period. She cannot give beast away until she fights the first challenger or refuse the beast to begin with.

I have a feeling Kayenta's gonna challenge Athos for the One-Tails >.>

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 17 queries.