Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Maintaining Abilities/Host Reintegration  (Read 7803 times)

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
Maintaining Abilities/Host Reintegration
« on: February 22, 2017, 11:41:50 AM »

I looked for many places to see if this particular topic was already breached but could not find anything specific. I do apologize if there is indeed a recent thread regarding such.

It has come to my attention that some individuals claim Tailed Beast Passives like Lava Release and Ink can be kept by an ex host assuming they mastered those bijuu respectively during their times as Jinchuuriki.

I was wondering what the exact 'official' consensus was, as my character Tomi himself has had full Mastery of the 8 tails and 4 tails respectively having kept them longer than the full mastery time required in the current rules. These events of course happened well before said rules were established however I'm certain I can have several people, perhaps a few of the council members themselves vouch for my claim of such, assuming they remember it. So will Tomi be able to claim the related techs he had while hosting those beasts? I seek to question no other claim beyond those. This of course, applies to all past jinchuuriki who have successfully mastered said bijuu at one point or another/can be vouched for as legitimate by whatever sources the Council deems valid.

The Second issue at hand, what happens when a former Host becomes reintegrated with a tailed beast it has mastered prior? Will it be cut by 1/2, 1/3, etc? Or will the full acclimation time stand regardless of past experience?

I think these questions should be discussed and voted upon by the Bijuu Council and integrated into the current rule set, if they have yet to be dealt with.

Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Re: Maintaining Abilities/Host Reintegration
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 02:27:53 PM »

I haven't seen someone not claim a passive ability after they're the host though I'm sure there are some. The consensus is that it's allowed; I haven't seen any official topic regarding such. Probably something from the canon that shows you retain passive abilities that I'm too lazy to track down.

I don't see a reason why anyone would have an issue with you claiming such. Let alone a reason as to why you couldn't. Get dem passives man.

As for the mastering a tailed beast and then later retrieving it again, the rules don't specify.
(http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Tailed_Beasts)

They only say you master 1 tail every 3 weeks. So odds are even if you had it before you have to re-master it. I could 100% wrong on that. Someone will call it out if I am. :P
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 06:06:46 PM »

I was aware of it not being specified. Currently, because it is not specified you are correct in stating that at the moment, one would have to go through the complete process again.

If this particular matter has yet to be discussed however, I do think a further clause of diminished mastery time required for a tailed beast prior possessed/mastered should be considered and elaborated upon by the council.

I'm personally in favor of cutting the time required by one third to one half assuming the person in question can provide reliable witness to their past mastery. (The council decides if the witness(es) are reliable or not in my proposal)
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 06:14:36 PM »

If this particular matter has yet to be discussed however, I do think a further clause of diminished mastery time required for a tailed beast prior possessed/mastered should be considered and elaborated upon by the council.

The Council doesn't make brand new rules from scratch, at least not by itself. Create a "discussion" topic like you have already done now, and then, when enough chatter has passed, create a "vote" thread to formally have it passed by the general voters.

Personally, if you achieved mastery, I don't see why you should retain some passive abilities, but they should not be to the same extent as that of someone with the beast still within them.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 03:46:29 AM »

That way it has been ever since I first got a bijuu was that if you master it and lose it you can keep the abilities it grants you, sand, lava, whatever. Because Gaara maintained his sand abilities after losing Shukaku and didn't seem to decrease in power at all, honestly.

As for mastery if you mastered the bijuu and then got it back you didn't have to master it again. If it wasnt all the way mastered when you lost it then you had to start over.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 04:15:07 AM »

Because Gaara maintained his sand abilities after losing Shukaku and didn't seem to decrease in power at all, honestly.

That's because Gaara's sand manipulation didn't come from the Shukaku, it comes from plot (His mom's dying wish "I will protect you forever").
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 04:16:06 AM by Genesis »

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 04:18:22 AM »

Because Gaara maintained his sand abilities after losing Shukaku and didn't seem to decrease in power at all, honestly.

That's because Gaara's sand manipulation didn't come from the Shukaku, it comes from plot (His mom's dying wish "I will protect you forever").

No, no it doesn't. That's just the automatic shield.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 04:27:46 AM »

There's nothing definitive in the manga stating it was a host ability. The dude's dad has it and his mom did plot stuff. Plus, his dad was never a host.

http://www3.mangafreak.net/Read1_Naruto_547_14#gohere

Not saying you're wrong or anything, I'm just saying there's no clear cut examples with Gaara, unless if it can be shown elsewhere.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 04:45:00 AM »

There's nothing definitive in the manga stating it was a host ability. The dude's dad has it and his mom did plot stuff. Plus, his dad was never a host.

http://www3.mangafreak.net/Read1_Naruto_547_14#gohere

Not saying you're wrong or anything, I'm just saying there's no clear cut examples with Gaara, unless if it can be shown elsewhere.

It is definitively stated that Shukaku has and gives the ability to control sand. His father has Magnet Release, not sand control, he just uses it to mimic Shukaku's power. His mom certainly did do plot stuff and yes his dad was never a host.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2017, 05:06:25 AM »

I think Athos is right, the wiki claims the third Kazekage learned his iron style by watching a previous Jinch (who obviously wasn't Gaara) and the wiki claims that really old dude could use sand, although that doesn't have a footnote, so take that one with a grain of salt.

As for Tomi's initial claim, and just my opinion on the matter and not authority as a council member

1. Passive abilities:
You get to keep them, although I do recall a thread where people complained and wanted a limit on this. As the complaint was people didn't want a user to gain access to multiple elements. Like Mastering the Ichibi, Yonbi, and Gobi and claiming sand release, Lava, and Steam. There was no official rule, but if you want to be extra safe, I'd say pick between Yoton and Ink, but not both. But you do you, just a suggestion.

2. Normally in the past, if one had full mastery of the beast when they got it back they could claim full mastery.

But if you guys want these to be included in the actual rules, once the biju council is up and running, and enough people want them explicably stated, the community can forward it to the council.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2017, 06:00:40 AM »

... But if you guys want these to be included in the actual rules, once the biju council is up and running, and enough people want them explicably stated, the community can forward it to the council.

Could just have a vote and get it into the rules sooner. Why would this be forwarded to the Council?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2017, 06:10:32 AM »

... But if you guys want these to be included in the actual rules, once the biju council is up and running, and enough people want them explicably stated, the community can forward it to the council.

Could just have a vote and get it into the rules sooner. Why would this be forwarded to the Council?

In the event that the community can't get a consensus on what exactly they want. Although yes, if a vote is had and people want something overwhelmingly, it need not go anywhere else. I just don't usually have faith in SL people agreeing >>
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2017, 06:12:12 AM »

It involves Bijuu so it makes sense that the council itself would also vote on it.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2017, 06:25:41 AM »

It's literally never been a problem can't we just write it in as is? As for mastering all the bijuu and getting a ton of free KG well since we have 10 bijuu now (not counting the Mazo since you can't or rather don't get anything substantial from hosting it) if someone wants to spend A LITTLE UNDER THREE YEARS mastering them all I say more power to you.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2017, 06:27:54 AM »

It involves Bijuu so it makes sense that the council itself would also vote on it.

Why does the Council need to be forwarded it? The Council's job is to rule on rule violations, anything else they do biju related is as players, jinchs, etc. The Council would be voting right along with the rest of us.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.