Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Can you hijack/disrupt the Flying Thunder God Technique in SL?  (Read 2647 times)

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography

It has come to my attention that not everyone would agree on whether or not the Flying Thunder God Technique could be tampered with/modified by external factors. I personally was under the impression that Uematsu Tomi would be able to develop and execute a set of modifications to other users of the Flying Raijin Technique. I wish to discuss what the community as a whole has to say about this, and modify the guidelines involving this jutsu based on the majority's opinion. I myself, of course will adhere to the verdict.

http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Flying_Thunder_God_Modification_Ritual

http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Flying_Thunder_God_Sealing_Technique

These two links contain pages of a 'hijacking' method to Hiraishin as well as a sealing method for it.

I argue that as the source of all current claims of the Jutsu, Tomi has the means to discover/learn how to counter them. Hypothetically, other users could learn these methods themselves and apply it. They have specific weaknesses, ways to detect most players can exploit, and require contact to deploy. However these methods are not canon, and I made them in attempt to be fair/reasonable.

Canonically, the 2nd Hokage, the creator of the technique was able to gain access to the 4th's markers to use for himself. As such, Uematsu Tomi might be expected to have a similar capacity.

I wish to know what you think, and why. Let's keep the mud slinging to a minimum. I myself am obviously biased in favor of such but am seeking to be fair by asking the community so we can gain a verdict of sorts.

Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Re: Can you hijack/disrupt the Flying Thunder God Technique in SL?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 06:53:27 AM »

I argue that as the source of all current claims of the Jutsu, Tomi has the means to discover/learn how to counter them.

You 'made' the jutsu in SL, but that doesn't automatically grant you the knowledge of other users' seals. Sure, I would say that after studying and breaking them down that you may be able to learn the secrets of the seal, but in no way would you be able to look at the seal, touch it and then like an Elder Scroll know all about it.

The Uzumaki peeps are great with seals and logically could break down the FTG seal after some time and learn how to use it, but in order to stop it spreading to everyone, it's not allowed. If you're able to break down the seals of others it follows suit that they could break down a user's seal and then learn how to use FTG without being taught.

Canonically, the 2nd Hokage, the creator of the technique was able to gain access to the 4th's markers to use for himself.

Arguably they used the same seal. No reason that Minato would devise a completely new seal for the technique.

TL;DR
- 'Making' it doesn't allow automatic knowledge on how to break down the seals of others.
- Claiming that after some time you could break it down would only be fair that others could too.
- The 2nd and 4th probably use the same seal. No reason they wouldn't.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Timothy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 07:23:49 AM »

You raise some good points, Shadow. However I must demonstrate that the 2nd Hokage's Marker was visibly different from Yondaime's Marker. He was able to virtually instantly gain access to it despite the obvious difference in the seal layout's appearance. Whether it be pure aestetic, or indeed Tobirama was able to instantly deduce what he needed to do to gain access is another story.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 07:35:51 AM »

You raise some good points, Shadow. However I must demonstrate that the 2nd Hokage's Marker was visibly different from Yondaime's Marker. He was able to virtually instantly gain access to it despite the obvious difference in the seal layout's appearance. Whether it be pure aestetic, or indeed Tobirama was able to instantly deduce what he needed to do to gain access is another story.

Touche. I'd like to say it's just aesthetically different, but I have no proof for or against it.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 07:41:00 AM »

So that should mean that it's easier to crack than you thought. Which, considering everyone in SL is super good with seals or super smart, means that anyone could hi-jack anyone's seals after glancing at them.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 08:03:19 AM »

So that should mean that it's easier to crack than you thought. Which, considering everyone in SL is super good with seals or super smart, means that anyone could hi-jack anyone's seals after glancing at them.

Exactly my point.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 09:00:04 AM »

Everybody gets a new FTG!

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Iburi Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 05:45:30 PM »

I'm against it honestly.  FTG was meant to be a jutsu very little people learned in the first place but somehow it expanded. I didn't know I even had access to it in the first place, until earlier last year. So creating away to study the seal, break it down, then use it yourself basically gives anyone and everyone the ability to use FTG. So you'll have Acad Students doing FTG cause they studied a seal.
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

Timothy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 08:24:03 PM »

Actually there's a SL rule ban preventing reverse engineering which only Kayenta is grandfather claused out of. We might need to treat it like Edo Tensei in that one teacher gets one student & can't be retaught till either die & the claim is removed if they lose the teacher/student role. Harsh, but potentially effective. This would also prevent the abuse of teaching all your alts.

The idea here is that current users, if given enough know how can modify the seals of others. At let's face it, even touching the seal of an opponent if they know which one you're touching can be potentially fatal. It's not as if the process is risk free.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 08:36:22 PM by Timothy »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2017, 06:34:00 AM »

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8376.msg219978.html#msg219978

In a nutshell, a non-hiraishin user would likely use something general (such as preventing the formation of space-time barriers in an area or chakra negation) while Hiraishin users would probably have more ability to, as Tommi stated, be able to use each other's markers to some extent as they are all the same technique.

With that said though, there would be no reason why all kamui pocket dimensions are not connected except for SL plot reasons. I think it's reasonable that if Kamui users get their own pocket dimensions that hiraishin users can have seals that can't be pirated by other hiraishin users, even da master himself, along with the no reverse engineering bit.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Timothy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2017, 05:14:59 PM »

Eh, if it's what the community hath decided. However what about my idea about being able to disrupt/seal hiraishin markers within a certain location if I touched one of them to seal it off/create a barrier disrupting other like made seals from the same user in a vicinity?

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.