Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Incremental increase in event odds for some events  (Read 3434 times)

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Incremental increase in event odds for some events
« on: March 10, 2017, 12:38:50 AM »

Considering this game doesn't have as big of a player base as it did in the past, is there any way for some events to have an incremental increase in success rate for every failure?
This means for events like Curse Seal, Seven Start Tattoo, Rasengan (I've never gotten this event so I don't know how it works), every time you fail the event you'd have a 1% or 0.5% better chance of getting it next time. So if you only had a 10% chance of getting the Curse Seal and fail, next time you'll go into it with an 11% chance of success. Of course, the % rate could be tweaked depending on the actual rate of success for each event (I don't know what they are) so it's still considered fair. But it feels like the chance of failure is just sometimes too low for some of the events, which may have made sense when there was a bigger playerbase. But maybe more accessibility would be appreciated now. :)
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Incremental increase in event odds for some events
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 11:22:20 AM »

Just wanting to bump this topic as well, to help people out with the RNG on this site so it would be more player-friendly :)
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 03:04:53 PM »

I wouldn't mind this, but I doubt it would be implemented.

Also, you have already ran into the rasengan event more than a few times, I'm positive. ;P It's just hidden.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 01:53:01 PM »

Some events, yes.

As we have basically no real endgame or progression to kill something on here really, I'd rather stay with it.
A means to hand out "rare events" is Santa Neji every year.
I prefer that instead of a "bad RNG-safety". Thing with the events is: we don't know which ones you'd like to get. So we can either give you the event (directly) or on normal chance.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 19 queries.