Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Barrier Shattering Technique - Should it be nerfed/banned?  (Read 6609 times)

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
Barrier Shattering Technique - Should it be nerfed/banned?
« on: March 10, 2017, 06:34:09 AM »

I'm a major fan of barrier techniques thus I found it disheartening there was such an easy way to destroy them without seeming any setback regardless of what it was.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Barrier_Shattering_Technique

So I ask the community, should this technique be nerfed, banned? Will I just have to accept the fact the canon has given me quite the unfavorable counter?

Give me your thoughts on the matter, please. Since I'm clearly biased against such a jutsu I am by no means the right individual or group of people to judge such.

Thank you all for your time and energy.

Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Barrier Shattering Technique - Should it be nerfed/banned?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 06:39:12 AM »

I don't think there's anything wrong with the technique. :o Sometimes you need it because of all the barriers that people have these days.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 06:41:49 AM »

The technique is about 7 years old. In all those years, I haven't seen anything relating to banning it. (And after using the search function, that statement stands)

You, as said, are clearly biased. There's no reason to ban it. Barriers need a counter to them.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 06:43:09 AM »

Eh, go figure. Ya win some, ya lose some *shrugs* Appreciate the input.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 06:45:08 AM by Timothy »
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 07:04:30 AM »

If I still give a crap about zoning, I'd be like "anime only lol void".

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 07:34:15 AM »

Well that would mean that 90% of Uzumaki techniques would be voided in the process, lol.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 07:40:22 AM »

Well that would mean that 90% of Uzumaki techniques would be voided in the process, lol.

I'll have you know all OP Uzumaki techs is based on a single monologue from the Kushina. Don't act like I don't know...I know.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 07:40:47 AM by Genesis »

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 07:54:53 AM »

I always thought the Barrier Shattering Technique needed to hit the perimeter of the barrier to shatter them. So, if a Barrier was huge, it would take a while for the technique to shatter the barrier. Though, I don't remember when the last time was that I looked at the technique.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2017, 01:44:46 PM »

It is necessary, especially against ethereal technqiues. However, how does it work in SL? I dont see it used often.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2017, 02:21:27 PM »

I don't think I've seen anyone but Bocch use the jutsu correctly and that was like 5 years ago or whenever he attacked Konoha. First of all it's a Cooperation Jutsu that you need multiple people to perform. Second it works by locating the barrier's source and then shattering it. If you watch the episode it's in they do the chakra combination and then, while looking at the barrier, the lead guy sees a little twinkle from inside it, says break, and you see a little totem that was apparently powering the barrier break and the barrier goes down. So it wouldn't work on a barrier that you just make by forming some kata and then raising a barrier, like Uchiha Flame Formation for instance because there is nothing for the jutsu to shatter. It's called Barrier Shatter but it doesn't literally shatter the barrier it shatters whatever is powering it. Obviously you can't just claim to blow someone up by using it.

The second one man usage of it is from the Mitsuki one shot and he just walks up to a barrier wall and touches it which dissolves a sizable hole in it. I don't remember if it breaks the whole thing or not. I don't know why they decided that was the same jutsu or if that decision was correct, there is no talk on the jutsu page so I couldn't tell you what the logic was.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2017, 03:55:39 PM »

I don't think I've seen anyone but Bocch use the jutsu correctly and that was like 5 years ago or whenever he attacked Konoha. First of all it's a Cooperation Jutsu that you need multiple people to perform. Second it works by locating the barrier's source and then shattering it. If you watch the episode it's in they do the chakra combination and then, while looking at the barrier, the lead guy sees a little twinkle from inside it, says break, and you see a little totem that was apparently powering the barrier break and the barrier goes down. So it wouldn't work on a barrier that you just make by forming some kata and then raising a barrier, like Uchiha Flame Formation for instance because there is nothing for the jutsu to shatter. It's called Barrier Shatter but it doesn't literally shatter the barrier it shatters whatever is powering it. Obviously you can't just claim to blow someone up by using it.

The second one man usage of it is from the Mitsuki one shot and he just walks up to a barrier wall and touches it which dissolves a sizable hole in it. I don't remember if it breaks the whole thing or not. I don't know why they decided that was the same jutsu or if that decision was correct, there is no talk on the jutsu page so I couldn't tell you what the logic was.

By that logic it would disrupt the chakra flow of the source, similar to casting a long range genjutsu on someone. For a barrier maintained by a scroll, disrupting the chakra flow would cause the technique to break while for a person it would disrupt the chakra or something to that extent.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2017, 04:00:25 PM »

By that logic it would disrupt the chakra flow of the source, similar to casting a long range genjutsu on someone. For a barrier maintained by a scroll, disrupting the chakra flow would cause the technique to break while for a person it would disrupt the chakra or something to that extent.

Except even that is basically an auto-hit. Can I resist it, how do you disrupt my chakra just by looking at me enough to drop my barrier?

The technique is never actually used in a fight and it should stay that way.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2017, 05:19:34 PM »

Except even that is basically an auto-hit. Can I resist it, how do you disrupt my chakra just by looking at me enough to drop my barrier?

Well, where is the line between autohit and not autohit in that case? A barrier that is erected suddenly that encompasses a wide area and negates certain chakras is less of an autohit than a standard genjutsu? A one hit seal that cannot be resisted is less autohit than a surprise long range kamui center body?

A barrier shatter technique requires a set amount of chakra for a static barrier, so I am of the mind that a person would have to exert chakra to counter it, should they be aware of the shatter attempt.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2017, 07:08:19 PM »

Well, where is the line between autohit and not autohit in that case? A barrier that is erected suddenly that encompasses a wide area and negates certain chakras is less of an autohit than a standard genjutsu? A one hit seal that cannot be resisted is less autohit than a surprise long range kamui center body?

A barrier shatter technique requires a set amount of chakra for a static barrier, so I am of the mind that a person would have to exert chakra to counter it, should they be aware of the shatter attempt.

Or we could just not expand its abilities into things it's never been shown able to do.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2017, 07:32:51 PM »

If you're adamant about this technique, then I don't see the point in having barriers. Because if I am not allowed to defend myself against a barrier like Athos's Deadzone Creation then we might as well ban every Fuinjutsu that is anime-only, because it isn't canon; the same applies to custom fuinjutsus.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 16 queries.