Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Barrier Shattering Technique - Should it be nerfed/banned?  (Read 6608 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Barrier Shattering Technique - Should it be nerfed/banned?
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2017, 08:23:00 PM »

Except even that is basically an auto-hit. Can I resist it, how do you disrupt my chakra just by looking at me enough to drop my barrier?

The technique is never actually used in a fight and it should stay that way.

Well, where is the line between autohit and not autohit in that case? A barrier that is erected suddenly that encompasses a wide area and negates certain chakras is less of an autohit than a standard genjutsu? A one hit seal that cannot be resisted is less autohit than a surprise long range kamui center body?

A barrier shatter technique requires a set amount of chakra for a static barrier, so I am of the mind that a person would have to exert chakra to counter it, should they be aware of the shatter attempt.

Or we could just not expand its abilities into things it's never been shown able to do.

Or we could just ban anything that you can neither resist nor dodge upon activation/application. Which would pretty much make SL a very boring place.  :-? Or maybe ban anything that is not explicitly shown in the canon.

I am far from the choir on that one, I'm the opposition. xD

To have barriers that can be instantly erected that instantly affect an area of effect with a crippling effect is on the same level as a barrier shattering technique that instantly affects a jutsu that it is designed to break. It is one thing to say that the barrier shattering technique is impractical to use, it is another to outright ban it from practical combat usage. It is never explicitly stated that the barrier must be maintained by a seal or passive technique of some sort in order for the jutsu to work.

I am down with defining when this technique can be used and how, but the barrier shatter technique functionally causes a disruption in chakra that forces the barrier down, similar to how genjutsu disrupts the senses of an affected individual.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2017, 09:02:19 PM »

Amusingly enough, Athos and I already discussed it but Tomi had developed a way to deal with such things like Deadzone, having already considered the possibility of its barrier type existing using his own understanding on how chakra disruption seals work. With every technique, there needs to be a way to counter it fairly, one way or another.

Good thing I make sealing techniques not claiming Uzumaki :P

But eh, fun fun.
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2017, 10:06:29 PM »

Except even that is basically an auto-hit. Can I resist it, how do you disrupt my chakra just by looking at me enough to drop my barrier?

The technique is never actually used in a fight and it should stay that way.

Well, where is the line between autohit and not autohit in that case? A barrier that is erected suddenly that encompasses a wide area and negates certain chakras is less of an autohit than a standard genjutsu? A one hit seal that cannot be resisted is less autohit than a surprise long range kamui center body?

A barrier shatter technique requires a set amount of chakra for a static barrier, so I am of the mind that a person would have to exert chakra to counter it, should they be aware of the shatter attempt.

Or we could just not expand its abilities into things it's never been shown able to do.

Or we could just ban anything that you can neither resist nor dodge upon activation/application. Which would pretty much make SL a very boring place.  :-? Or maybe ban anything that is not explicitly shown in the canon.

I am far from the choir on that one, I'm the opposition. xD

To have barriers that can be instantly erected that instantly affect an area of effect with a crippling effect is on the same level as a barrier shattering technique that instantly affects a jutsu that it is designed to break. It is one thing to say that the barrier shattering technique is impractical to use, it is another to outright ban it from practical combat usage. It is never explicitly stated that the barrier must be maintained by a seal or passive technique of some sort in order for the jutsu to work.

I am down with defining when this technique can be used and how, but the barrier shatter technique functionally causes a disruption in chakra that forces the barrier down, similar to how genjutsu disrupts the senses of an affected individual.

+1

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2017, 11:01:37 PM »

I actually prefer the fanon's explanation as it attempts to provide some logic as to how the technique works.

http://narutofanon.wikia.com/wiki/Barrier_Shatter_Technique

It makes sense and isn't just instantaneous negation of all barriers at any range.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2017, 04:00:20 AM »

I actually prefer the fanon's explanation as it attempts to provide some logic as to how the technique works.

It makes sense and isn't just instantaneous negation of all barriers at any range.

The description could use some grammar fixes and some slight tweaking, but I actually like the explanation of fanon version of the technique.

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2017, 09:35:10 PM »

The description could use some grammar fixes and some slight tweaking, but I actually like the explanation of fanon version of the technique.

+1

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2017, 12:41:07 AM »

With the clarificaiton that if the barrier requires more chakra to maintain than the user has chakra (at that point in time) then the technique won't work or more combined chakras (for collab barriers) than the attempted breakouter or something to that sort, not necessarily that a single user cannot at all break certain high level barriers. Because then we'll get people creating barriers that fit that category of the violet flames and such just so that it won't be breakable with said technique.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2017, 05:39:36 PM »

It is very situational. But I mean, I'm the type to falcon punch each individual thats orchestrating the violet flames or red yang formation to cripple the barrier. Given each 'point' is a source of its own, making the barrier what it is. But as mentioned, most 'village-scale' barrier could be solo'ed by someone hoosting all the bijuu or something of similar nature. Which would be impossible. Unless you're Lil B.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2017, 03:00:18 AM »

Mitsuki, a Genin, using Barrier Shatter by just touching its wall.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2017, 10:21:06 AM »

Mitsuki, a Genin, using Barrier Shatter by just touching its wall.

The image isn't loading for me but I know which you mean. I am still questioning how it was decided that is what he is using since what he does isn't named it looks and behaves completely differently from the other time it was used. Is there a data book for Mitsuki Gaiden or something?
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 19 queries.