Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Poll

Ban the bijuu or keep them?

Ban them!
- 9 (47.4%)
Keep them!
- 10 (52.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: April 09, 2017, 09:36:13 AM

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bijuu ban  (Read 5405 times)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Bijuu ban
« on: March 10, 2017, 08:36:13 AM »

The want for bijuu seems to be at an all time low. People who once were involved in the nonsense have been leaving left and right. So I think that now would be the perfect time to ban the bijuu from 'mainstream' rp.

Of course this is just to gauge the current thoughts of the community. In no way will this be 'official'. Just because I don't enjoy hotdogs anymore doesn't mean others shouldn't be allowed to have them. :P

Like I said this is just to see where the community stands on having bijuu now.
------

Ban them or keep them?
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Bijuu ban
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 01:38:51 PM »

Even if this is just an opinion poll, my opinion is to scrap the tailed beasts as entities to be fought over.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 02:39:42 PM »

Ban. The system is crappy and they fuel the worst parts of SL

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 07:37:26 PM »

Ban bijuus and you would have people getting along better. Those who don't want them banned, have something to lose out of all of this. Quite a dilemma here, if anything the division will be between those that want to have on Shinobi Legends and those that want to stack more powers for their character.

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 09:08:07 PM »

I want them not to be banned, given I myself wish to become a proper Jinchuuriki again, plus have always found it somewhat interesting minus the constant arguing over yada yada yada.
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 10:01:55 PM »

Regardless of this voting outcome, the individual on SL can still choose to void any mention or interaction with a bijū or jinchūriki or retain the interaction if they so choose.

Kiri already has this 'ban' implemented and has for about a year or so now. It could be considered a safe haven from all the bijū matters as it's  isolated from the mainland and their troubles (for the most part).

As long as you're willing to become a part of and benefit the village, all are welcome to flee and join Kirigakure to avoid this broken bijū system!

With that selfish plug in, I voted for banning them from the mainstream.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 11:17:18 PM »

At least Shadow stepped down from the council before espousing the removal of the system he's supposed to be overseeing. Yeah this doesn't seem like a conflict of interests at all.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 11:23:50 PM »

Keep em. The fighting doesn't occur over biju, it occurs cause a majority of the members on this site can't behave and generally dislike each other.

Banning them isn't fair to those that have them, will just cause a renewed fighting over items instead, etc.

No point in banning them, it's not like the biju are forced participation. You don't have to interact with them. You don't have to go on the forum to debate the topics, you don't have to do anything. People do because they want to, whether they want to admit that or not.

If you don't like the biju, don't get involved in biju matters. Other than that, I see no reason to ban them.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2017, 02:08:50 AM »

Keep em. The fighting doesn't occur over biju, it occurs cause a majority of the members on this site can't behave and generally dislike each other.

Banning them isn't fair to those that have them, will just cause a renewed fighting over items instead, etc.

No point in banning them, it's not like the biju are forced participation. You don't have to interact with them. You don't have to go on the forum to debate the topics, you don't have to do anything. People do because they want to, whether they want to admit that or not.

If you don't like the biju, don't get involved in biju matters. Other than that, I see no reason to ban them.

My thoughts exactly. Getting involved with the Biju is a choice everyone is willing to make. Considering they're hardly used on SL, there's really no point to having them banned. Like Trev said, it's not the Biju that's the problem, it's the people. Considering the "fight" for the Biju are between people and not someone actually GMing a beast to fight, the Biju is not at fault.

Don't want to get involved, just don't go out of your way to post on the forum about them. Just because you had a bad experience, doesn't mean you try to remove them entirely. That's like getting angry at McDonalds because you had a bad cheeseburger and now you just want the entire franchise to go down. That's not fair to McDonalds and it definitely isn't fair to the employees. If you don't like their cheeseburger, go to Carl's Jr... they do have better burgers.... of course they're more expensive, but that's the price you gotta pay.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Timothy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2017, 02:12:44 AM »

I kinda have to agree with Jay and Trev. They have little to no impact on the in character aspects of SL at the time being.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2017, 04:04:07 AM »

For the record, I haven't really cast my vote on this poll. I merely pointed out my perspective on this subject and really don't want to agree that it should be banned, when it is a key component in forum RP.

Trev brings up a good point with involvement in bijuu matters, which is quite simple. If you like bijuus, by all means keep doing what you're doing with those bijuu-related RPs. If you hate them, there isn't much that can convince you and you could easily exclude yourself from these matters entirely. Simple as that.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2017, 04:17:55 AM »

For the record, I haven't really cast my vote on this poll. I merely pointed out my perspective on this subject and really don't want to agree that it should be banned, when it is a key component in forum RP.

A vital component to forum RP? Thats a stretch unless you consider the biju fights as RP.

I can confidently say that items would not be as hotly fought over as biju.  Not even the Ninja Swords.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2017, 05:22:42 AM »

A vital component to forum RP? Thats a stretch unless you consider the biju fights as RP.

I can confidently say that items would not be as hotly fought over as biju.  Not even the Ninja Swords.

Not really a stretch, since a separate sub-board was made specifically for bijuu and bijuu fights. If these boards didn't exist, I would be inclined to agree with you. Ninja Swords are highly sought after, but the amount of time and hoops you have to jump to in order to get them is staggering. Bijuu are actually more regulated and easier to challenge for, rather than trying to obtain those SSM swords. I know this for a fact, since I was once a prominent member of the SSM until I got bored with how everything was being handled with the group and the bijuu ban that Kirigakure has put up is what made everything more boring.

Timothy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2017, 05:53:38 AM »

Wut? No attacking Kirigakure with tailed beasts balls? LAAAAAAAAAAAAME!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2017, 12:36:52 PM »

Not really a stretch, since a separate sub-board was made specifically for bijuu and bijuu fights...

Almost half if not more of that is legislation, threads calling for some sort of executive action, and OOC biju fights. No tailed beast training or bonding that I can find, no tailed beast rampages, no jinchurikii hunts, etc.

Unless you count the OOC biju battles as RP, then I dont see where you are getting the vital to forum RP bit from.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 22 queries.