Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Poll

Ban the bijuu or keep them?

Ban them!
- 9 (47.4%)
Keep them!
- 10 (52.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: April 09, 2017, 09:36:13 AM

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bijuu ban  (Read 5403 times)

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
Re: Bijuu ban
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2017, 07:58:04 PM »

For the record, I haven't really cast my vote on this poll. I merely pointed out my perspective on this subject and really don't want to agree that it should be banned, when it is a key component in forum RP.

A vital component to forum RP? Thats a stretch unless you consider the biju fights as RP.

I can confidently say that items would not be as hotly fought over as biju.  Not even the Ninja Swords.

Not really a stretch, since a separate sub-board was made specifically for bijuu and bijuu fights...

Almost half if not more of that is legislation, threads calling for some sort of executive action, and OOC biju fights. No tailed beast training or bonding that I can find, no tailed beast rampages, no jinchurikii hunts, etc.

Unless you count the OOC biju battles as RP, then I dont see where you are getting the vital to forum RP bit from.

I vow, if made a Jinchuuriki to properly train in the forums with threads that readers will at least not to be bored to death of.
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2017, 06:09:34 PM »

It's not the biju themselves that are causing problems but the players who wish to attain them and the manner in which they are attained. Change the system not what its functioning.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2017, 06:34:21 PM »

It's not the biju themselves that are causing problems but the players who wish to attain them and the manner in which they are attained. Change the system not what its functioning.

The latter has already been tried at least once if not twice, and the former seems to have changed itself due to burnout.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2017, 12:09:13 AM »

Please God get rid of them. It's not like they actually provide anything substantial to SL rp. Want someone to talk to while you RP all alone? Get a summon. Sure people will just move on and try to fight for items, but no one is under any kind of obligation to accept challenges for them, and as far as I know they cannot be tracked.

Eventually there is only going to be one person left who plays with Biju, and then they will claim the ten tails. Sure, that might be cool on paper, but when the guy who has it is a dickhead and actually uses powers that will kill you, it won't be fun and will cause arguments. Nothing good comes from the Biju. You can try and convince yourself that this is almost entirely OOC, but when the Ten tailed Jink comes knocking at your village gates you will be eating those assumptions. Might as well chop off the infected limb now before it spreads to the brain.   

It's not like the power boost from the tailed beasts actually amount to anything in the canon. In the Naruto vs Sasuke fight, Sasuke was still able to keep up with nearly everything Naruto did when in Kurama mode. It didn't even look like he was moving any faster or slower when comparing their combat before and after the cloaks activation. In the Boruto movie Sasuke was moving at the same Pace Naruto was, if not arguably faster during the final fight. The power scaling was thrown out the window during the end. So either A.) Remove the beasts entirely, or B.) Remove the concept of using their chakra to make your stuff stronger. 
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2017, 02:46:54 AM »

Please God get rid of them. It's not like they actually provide anything substantial to SL rp. Want someone to talk to while you RP all alone? Get a summon. Sure people will just move on and try to fight for items, but no one is under any kind of obligation to accept challenges for them, and as far as I know they cannot be tracked.

Eventually there is only going to be one person left who plays with Biju, and then they will claim the ten tails. Sure, that might be cool on paper, but when the guy who has it is a dickhead and actually uses powers that will kill you, it won't be fun and will cause arguments. Nothing good comes from the Biju. You can try and convince yourself that this is almost entirely OOC, but when the Ten tailed Jink comes knocking at your village gates you will be eating those assumptions. Might as well chop off the infected limb now before it spreads to the brain.   

It's not like the power boost from the tailed beasts actually amount to anything in the canon. In the Naruto vs Sasuke fight, Sasuke was still able to keep up with nearly everything Naruto did when in Kurama mode. It didn't even look like he was moving any faster or slower when comparing their combat before and after the cloaks activation. In the Boruto movie Sasuke was moving at the same Pace Naruto was, if not arguably faster during the final fight. The power scaling was thrown out the window during the end. So either A.) Remove the beasts entirely, or B.) Remove the concept of using their chakra to make your stuff stronger.

I mean you can't track an item, but lets be real here Rus. We both know that a player would just look up who has the item, find them IC, fight then for an obscure reason (like I'm evil and want to fight you). Win, use the mind reading tech, and be like "oh so you had this pretty cool item hidden here, what a neat coincidence"

If the community is really scared of the ten tails that much, nothing is stopping anybody from opening a thread and voting to ban the ten tails. It use to be a biju rule before, and it can be again. If people really dislike it, they should easily be able to pass it. If not, shame on them for not voting, or not everyone shared that sentiment.

But we'll agree to disagree. I think the problem of SL is simply behavior. It's all condensed over biju right now. But it'll spill out over items, attacking villages, wanting a title rank, etc. The prize will be different, the attitudes won't be.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2017, 07:13:45 AM »

We've changed the system before and even after that, problems still existed. So changing it again won't do much.

As it stands, there is isn't much of an interest for Bijuu now-a-days. Though that might be because of the behavior of SL or maybe people don't care or maybe its both.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2017, 10:08:08 AM »

People have started to care less for bijuu and that's a good thing. Like I said before if people still want to fight for bijuu then let them do it. Just stay out of it and it won't affect you in any way.

Kirigakure if I'm not mistaken has banned them altogether. Or I misheard. Either way that doesn't sound like too bad of an idea. Just go to a village or group that ignores them and you're peachy.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2017, 06:38:56 PM »

People have started to care less for bijuu and that's a good thing. Like I said before if people still want to fight for bijuu then let them do it. Just stay out of it and it won't affect you in any way.

Kirigakure if I'm not mistaken has banned them altogether. Or I misheard. Either way that doesn't sound like too bad of an idea. Just go to a village or group that ignores them and you're peachy.

More or less yes they have been banned for idk how long in Kiri.

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 23 queries.