Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Instant Negation of Genjutsu  (Read 9022 times)

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
Re: Instant Negation of Genjutsu
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2017, 06:02:55 PM »

Well it would be godmod to not have a possible counter to something, no? Everything needs its yin-yang sort of deal.

I'm not sure if Bone Shattering sound is considered Genjutsu though, thats borderline ninjutsu if anything. Besides, sound waves don't only travel through the air. Ever been way back in a concert and could still feel the ground shaking from the bass? I know I have and that alone would have an affect on people.

Snake charming only works because of vibrations, and yet it doesn't even really work. The snakes just protect themselves, given they can sense the vibrations and see the charmer as a threat. Sound really is a great force. Meaning that some simple vacuming/wind techs wouldn't just cut it. >>;

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2017, 06:36:51 PM »

... Snake charming only works because of vibrations, and yet it doesn't even really work. The snakes just protect themselves, given they can sense the vibrations and see the charmer as a threat. Sound really is a great force. Meaning that some simple vacuming/wind techs wouldn't just cut it. >>;

That's assuming that the protection does not extend into all potential sources of incoming vibrations. An airborne target would probably have an easier time than a ground-bound one, but sound requires a medium to travel through. If that medium absorbs chakra or redirects the waves, then even sound itself can be taken down a notch.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2017, 06:48:44 PM »

I made a sound/chakra modulating ear buds which disrupts/alters sound base attacks directed into the head to become ultimately harmless. Obviously doesn't protect the whole body but I've noticed people adopting similar items. Plus it is In theory possible to make a seal on your body which detects abnormal chakra flow in the head & alert the wearer, making their attempts at breaking illusions all the faster
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2017, 06:56:56 AM »

The problem with Genjutsu is that the logical extreme is always, "I put you under a Genjutsu where the only thing that is being hidden is that I am casting a Kamui on you and the Kamui itself." so if we made a rule that it takes two seconds, no exceptions, to break a Genjutsu, then that would decide every fight. Or rather everyone would just start wearing personal anti-time space defense like the Akatsuki rings. The point is it would always degenerate into something like that.

There does need to be some time to defend yourself from a Genjutsu. If people can cast their memory back to the Chunin exam we might remember the one time Genjutsu used by Kabuto.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Temple_of_Nirvana_Technique

If you see the feathers they put you to sleep but you have some time after seeing them before it takes effect. That's how all Genjutsu should work but approximately 0% of people rp it that way. If you make eye contact with a Sharingan user the fight is over because they will you to fall unconscious. Genjutsu is just by nature a problem since you get to tell other people what they see, feel, hear, etc, so it's really really easy to make it god mod.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2017, 11:26:48 PM »

Bump.

I'm still in support of Eric's suggestion: "I would prefer genjutsu requiring an action of the target at the very least along with no insta-release, even for sharingan users, especially those who do not specialize in genjutsu (no, I don't see how you specialize in genjutsu without a single genjutsu technique in your arsenal)."

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2017, 12:36:52 AM »

I have a way we can potentially make the use of genjutsu fair in fights with judges, particularly biju fights. We introduce a sort of "buddy system". The whole point of genjutsu is to manipulate your opponent's senses to produce a desired effect. It's almost always used in a subtle and deceptive manner. Outright posting that you attempt to place your opponent in a genjutsu defeats the purpose, and encourages metagaming and insta-negation of genjutsu.

So instead, the way I suggest we do it (which is how I've typically done it on other sites) is to make subtle references toward the potential activation of a genjutsu in one's posts and leave it to the opponent to pick up on it or not. This would work especially well if the environment within which a fight takes place is described before hand, or if emphasis is placed on a particular instance in the course of a fight that could be used to cast a genjutsu.

An example of this would be you making reference to your character waving their hand and giving particular details about it, which isn't something people would normally put a lot of detail into in the middle of a fight.

Another example could be you describing that there is a particular smell of lilac in the area.

Of course if we're talking about non-dojutsu based genjutsu, then it would likely need to be accompanied by a hand seal of some sort just to make it fairer. That could easily be concealed among the hand-signs for another technique as well.

Another thing we could do, particularly for fights with judges is instead of posting the genjutsu they can PM the judge with the jutsu used and a link to the thread. Then it can’t be claimed at a later point that the user was god-modding and had never done the technique.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2017, 04:32:54 PM »

You void Genjutsu and then hide from it entirely << Usually seems to work here.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2017, 08:33:00 PM »

No, lol. Posts that actually contribute only, please.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2017, 12:43:15 AM »

I have a way we can potentially make the use of genjutsu fair in fights with judges, particularly biju fights. We introduce a sort of "buddy system". The whole point of genjutsu is to manipulate your opponent's senses to produce a desired effect. It's almost always used in a subtle and deceptive manner. Outright posting that you attempt to place your opponent in a genjutsu defeats the purpose, and encourages metagaming and insta-negation of genjutsu.

So instead, the way I suggest we do it (which is how I've typically done it on other sites) is to make subtle references toward the potential activation of a genjutsu in one's posts and leave it to the opponent to pick up on it or not. This would work especially well if the environment within which a fight takes place is described before hand, or if emphasis is placed on a particular instance in the course of a fight that could be used to cast a genjutsu.

An example of this would be you making reference to your character waving their hand and giving particular details about it, which isn't something people would normally put a lot of detail into in the middle of a fight.

Another example could be you describing that there is a particular smell of lilac in the area.

Of course if we're talking about non-dojutsu based genjutsu, then it would likely need to be accompanied by a hand seal of some sort just to make it fairer. That could easily be concealed among the hand-signs for another technique as well.

Another thing we could do, particularly for fights with judges is instead of posting the genjutsu they can PM the judge with the jutsu used and a link to the thread. Then it can’t be claimed at a later point that the user was god-modding and had never done the technique.

Wouldn't the action limit reflect the use of the Genjutsu? Using your chakra to influence the area into a Genjutsu would totally function into the action limit. Unless we can use three and only if the opponent doesn't notice the use of Genjutsu, then it can be a special action. I don't know, just a thought.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.