Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Defining Strongest Shield  (Read 6512 times)

Kage

• View Profile
Re: Defining Strongest Shield
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2017, 11:19:40 AM »

Apply enough force to anything, and it'll be crushed.

See: YouTube hydraulic press videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcMDMoNu66_1Hwi5-MeiQgw

But there are some exceptions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzq1IFUlV8s

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 11:35:33 AM »

On SL I say that while it is a trait, and some people can claim to have it naturally, you can also train your body to the same level. I was claiming that specifically so anyone could use it, I'm not trying to make it impossible for anyone to get. As for the validity of the claim itself you can talk to Zojin. She was the one who originally claimed it, it's been on the list for years and no one has disputed it.

As for what it is in effect, canonically, I assume it is the entire body. I disagree that it is just the skin since it is described as A's body being highly durable, not just his skin. Also their durability was used to survive being transported by the Heavenly Transfer Technique, which literally moves them at the speed of light, roughly 300,000 KM a second. If it was just the skin that would just make their innards pulped against their indestructible skin. So again, speaking just in regards to canon, it has to be their entire body.

Whether that needs to be changed to make it fair for SL is something we can discuss.

As for what it is comparable to yeah I'd say at least Kaguya bones. I think Kaguya gets a little underrepresented these days because, like Shadow brought up in the FFA, the defense it provides you is STUPID HIGH.

"Kimimaro used this ability to wield his bones as weapons in battle, and could use them in the form of taijutsu attacks (which he called dances) to give him a variety of abilities, as well as grant him a near-invincible defence, able to withstand from being crushed by being buried under 200 metres of compressed sand, and most of the impact from even a chakra-enhanced blade, and cut through regular shuriken."

The compressed sand is the nonsensical part as 200 meters is 600 feet. That's a building. Like an entire building. 10 feet is about one story tall so that's a 60 story building. And they're talking about this jutsu.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Sand_Waterfall_Imperial_Funeral

Which has the dimensions of a building too and crushes down on you multiple times. This basically means Kaguya should be completely immune to any blunt force damage. I'd argue that they could even survive the physical force (just the physical force) of a bijuu bomb explosion, and if they were in Sage Mode then no question that they could. If people want to agree Strongest Shield is stronger than that too then I am super game for it. :D

I said skin because it was being applied to only skin, otherwise, wouldn't the eyes and tongue as well as those innards be part of the trait? And I looked at the Bone Armor, I just didn't quote it because we were talking about the Strongest Shield and whether it's from RNY, which is wrong as Chinote noted more clearly. So perhaps it's more, S.S = K.B.A > E.S. Though, I'm sure the speed of light thing is comparable to the sand thing... though considering that Tsunade survived as well could lessen the feat (if she wasn't medically preparing herself through a technique or something)... or serve to show that Tsunade is stronger than we realized.

I didn't see Zojin on the thing, so that's my mistake. But, if you're okay with everybody claiming Strongest Shield, I guess things will get a bit more interesting on SL.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2017, 01:14:31 PM »

Tsunade was injured by it but I think she was using her healing jutsu at the time to mitigate the damage. Yeah technically the eyes and tongue would be tougher too.

I don't think Zojin is on the claims anymore since she's gone but I know she was the original.

I didn't mean anyone can claim it for free, it is still claimed. I just meant I made it the way it is so that anyone who is allowed to claim it would be able to do so even if they aren't related to any previous users.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2017, 12:38:57 AM »

Information changes, and so does SL. I believe Zojin initially claimed it because on the wiki it was an actual tech, those up for grabs to be claimed. The people at the wiki removed it and have categorized it as something else. So on a really technical sense, it should be available up for grabs. I mean we took away the mazo from Yumei which is arguably a bigger deal >.>

But two things

1. I can't find out why they deleted it. Kamui says he did, perhaps he can link it? As I've said many times particularly to Athos in our fight (which has seemingly rubbed off on him :P) that the people on the wiki are just like us and not always right. Or they do things for their own reasons. So unless they have databook info, they did this because they felt it was right. SL doesn't have to agree with that notion.

2. If you agree that the wiki is right, and want to keep it a claimed thing (which I think we should) The strongest shield people need to gather up and make a wiki page. State the rules (inherited, or obtained through training), description of what it does, and ya know feel free to throw in some nerfs xD As of right now there is neither a profile page or regular wiki page of the Strongest Shield. So that's my suggestion.

I think if you guys have something concrete that tears away all the sudden mysteries, there is no reason to take away the claim. I also don't think SL really wants everyone to be a tank, but I don't speak for everyone >>
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2017, 08:41:00 PM »

2. If you agree that the wiki is right, and want to keep it a claimed thing (which I think we should) The strongest shield people need to gather up and make a wiki page. State the rules (inherited, or obtained through training), description of what it does, and ya know feel free to throw in some nerfs xD As of right now there is neither a profile page or regular wiki page of the Strongest Shield. So that's my suggestion.

+1

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2017, 10:35:05 PM »

+1

TBH, this should just be mandated. Can't claim or enforce a claim unless we publicly list information for it.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2017, 12:58:05 AM »

+1

TBH, this should just be mandated. Can't claim or enforce a claim unless we publicly list information for it.

Why would we need to do that for canon claims? They're on the regular wiki. True Strongest Shield doesn't have a page of its own but we all know what it is anyway. Just scrolling down the claims list it looks like most of them don't have a page on our own wiki.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2017, 02:35:13 AM »

+1

Why would we need to do that for canon claims? They're on the regular wiki. True Strongest Shield doesn't have a page of its own but we all know what it is anyway. Just scrolling down the claims list it looks like most of them don't have a page on our own wiki.

Unless I'm misinterpreting Rai, which he can correct me if I am. I don't believe he's saying you have to do it for every canon claim. Just that if something is on the claimed list, it should have public info be it the profile wiki or regular wiki, of which strongest shield exist on none of them. So as he says you can't really enforce a claim on something that doesn't exist on either wiki. Plus if you guys on SL are having it be a learned "technique" you're changing it from the canon, so it deserves it's own page on our wiki imo.

But the people with strongest shield may do whatever they wish, just my suggestion.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2017, 03:11:27 AM »

+1

A general idea on what it is, but if it's all encompassing or just the outer skin and other details aren't so specific. I don't think it would hurt to make a profile wikia page on it, even if users aren't listed on it.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2017, 12:24:48 AM »

+1

Unless I'm misinterpreting Rai, which he can correct me if I am. I don't believe he's saying you have to do it for every canon claim. Just that if something is on the claimed list, it should have public info be it the profile wiki or regular wiki, of which strongest shield exist on none of them. So as he says you can't really enforce a claim on something that doesn't exist on either wiki. Plus if you guys on SL are having it be a learned "technique" you're changing it from the canon, so it deserves it's own page on our wiki imo.

But the people with strongest shield may do whatever they wish, just my suggestion.

^ This. The information needs to exist somewhere, whether on our wiki or another wiki that we can all trust/abide by. Else its conditions, uses, rules, etc. are all left for interpretation from whoever.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 20 queries.